Rapid Antigen testing options in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who live in provinces where rapid antigen tests are easy/free to secure, you might consider this new option - lifecenters.ca offers a virtual (telehealth) testing option, $20 for first person and $5 for up to 3 more people, if you have your own rapid antigen test.
This is a neat easy option!
Thanks!

For those of you who live in provinces where rapid antigen tests are easy/free to secure, you might consider this new option - lifecenters.ca offers a virtual (telehealth) testing option, $20 for first person and $5 for up to 3 more people, if you have your own rapid antigen test.
Oh, wow! Thank you for posting this - we will definitely go this route. We have soooo many rapid tests stockpiled from the kids school.

It is up to to date - there is a link to the Disney Maingate location and they do Rapid Antigen for free. Also link to the Osceola County website that lists additional options and the types of tests they provide.
Where would I find the link to the Disney Maingate location please?

So, would they email you an official result page for you to show at border services?

Thanks. Waiting to hear about this after it comes into play end of the month.

Thank you! That's the cheapest way I've found so far (other than free - and less convenient) so appreciate the info!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to get a free and/or reasonably priced antigen test in Syracuse as I have tried googling it and when I click on Walgreens or some of the other drug stores/testing centres it brings me else where and not Syracuse?

When you clicked on book a test it let you stay in Syracuse and not change the location? Maybe it’s something I’m selecting…..I will try again

Yes, it sends me to a page with several Syracuse locations that I can choose from.

For example, the 2329 James St. location has a lot of availability. There are even two open spots today.

Make sure you click on the ID NOW test and not the BinaxNOw text. There are very few Walgreens that do the Binax antigen test. You'll need to get the ID NOW test....that is the red dotted middle selection.

i assume so! I would contact them to be sure though.
I heard back from them and they said they email you the result within 15 minutes. So, we went ahead and booked a test. They have bookings, like, a month ahead! So, we won't have to worry about taking time on our vacation to book a timeslot. It was super easy!

Yes, it sends me to a page with several Syracuse locations that I can choose from.

For example, the 2329 James St. location has a lot of availability. There are even two open spots today.

Make sure you click on the ID NOW test and not the BinaxNOw text. There are very few Walgreens that do the Binax antigen test. You'll need to get the ID NOW test....that is the red dotted middle selection.

Note that the ID NOW test is a molecular test (which probably more sensitive than an antigen test, and thereby more likely of giving a false positive).

Note that the ID NOW test is a molecular test (which probably more sensitive than an antigen test, and thereby more likely of giving a false positive).
That is true. It also means a positive on that test can be used for 180 days to return to Canada - that is, you won't need to test at all to come back during that time period.

[/QUOTE
Sorry, I meant Watertown NY not Syracuse. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to get an antigen test in Watertown NY?

Thank you so much for posting this! Driving down during March Break, so really curious to hear how wll this option works out for others.

I believe the wording for the Rapid Test is 'the day prior' not '24 hours', which allows for a bit more flexibility. I'm heading down next month and I'd already booked a PCR with Beeper MD, which I'll keep (I know Beeper has been sketchy as of late, but they were excellent on my last visit), and I'll also book an antigen with Walgreens as a back up. If you go to the Walgreens site it will list available locations near you. I think you can only book about 3 days out however.
Beeper also does antigen

I'm curious to know the actual turn around time that people have experienced with the "within 24 hours" test at Walgreens. I'm toying with the idea of a day trip...I like to live dangerously. I've heard people say they sometimes get the results within a few hours.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter