• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rapunzel lantern photo

Darleen2

Earning My Ears
does anyone know if the Rapunzel photo opt is still going on in magic kingdom? If so when does the line for it start and where exactly is it located?

Thank you in advance

Yes, we just got the photo last week. It is right by the Rapunzel bathrooms between haunted mansion and small world. It starts as soon as it gets dark. We got it taken around 7:30pm.
Thank you so much! We're going December 1st and my 4 year olds favorite princess is rapunzel so I really want her to take the lantern photo it will be priceless for her. Can't wait. Thanks again

I just found out about this Photo Op! I can't wait - we go in 9 days... I hear that the wait can get pretty long though. Anybody has any insight on this? There will be 5 of us in our group - 2 families... will we be able to take multiple poses or do we only get a few? I'm so excited for this - Rapunzel is MY favorite...

I just found out about this Photo Op! I can't wait - we go in 9 days... I hear that the wait can get pretty long though. Anybody has any insight on this? There will be 5 of us in our group - 2 families... will we be able to take multiple poses or do we only get a few? I'm so excited for this - Rapunzel is MY favorite...
The wait can be very long. They allow people to do multiple poses, individual poses, group poses, etc.; at least they did in May. We got in line during the fireworks with about 8 families in front of us. It took 45 minutes to get to the front. When we got out of line the line was all the way back to HM. Chose your time wisely because the line can get very long and it does indeed move slowly.

These pictures came out great - I was there solo and they had me do 3 different poses. Some of my favorite shots from the trip! But with families they were doing just kids, just parents, whole family, etc, and multiple poses so it can take some time.

Do they happen to still do this on party nights? I’m planning for a one-night MVMCP trip in December and sundown is predicted to be about 5:30. Even if they don’t do it during, will they do it in that short window between dark and the start of the party?

We were there Dec 6 in MK. They were still doing it.
If you are a couple, they will have you do 3-4 poses together. Kinda cool. Pose 1, holding and both looking at camera. Pose 2, both holding and looking down. Pose 3, holding and looking at each other. We had a pose with us holding it slightly up as if about to let is go.
Solo, they will have you do about the same poses.
About 10 people deep, the wait time was 15 mins. We did have a group of people who did couples and then some solos.
IMO, this is a relatively new and frankly cool photo op. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Did it Sunday night during the party. Cool shots but line was very slow. Some families literally did 12+ combinations of people. Blah.

It’s one of my favorite photos! Had it done at a Christmas party!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter