RAT and Book Online Have Changed

Are you selecting a beginning AND ending date range for trip? Had similar problem until I realized I'd only tapped on the arrival date.

I feel so stupid. I was checking availability for one night and I guess I wasn't selecting the end date. It works. Thanks!

I'm really going to miss being able to see the full calendar with what days are already gone. That was so handy to see when you weren't really locked into specific dates yet. If you were flexible about resorts & dates you could sort of piece together a trip based on availability and now you can't. Not a fan. This is going to be even more tedious.

I know this is a stupid work around, but you can still view an availability calendar. To get an availability calendar, you must select a period of time where there is only partial availability. It doesn't have to be a time you are planning on visiting. On the right hand side, instead of saying "Select X-Nights", you will see "View Availability Calendar". When you click on it, you can scroll through the months, just like before, until you get to the month(s) you are interested in. Unfortunately, it is even more sluggish than the previous version.

DVC just called me for more specific information about my email that I sent about the changes. The call gave me the chance to clarify more about what I dislike with the latest changes. Doesn't mean it will GET anywhere but I felt better expressing my preference for being able to see the entire calendar.
Well it looks like they listened to you! Thanks! As of this morning you can view the availability calendar even if there is full availability! Much better. Now if only they would (1)start the availability calendar at the dates selected (rather than having to scroll through the months from Nov 2016), AND (2)show the number of points it would cost for the trip even if only partial availability...

Looks like they fixed one problem and created another. They added the calendar for rooms that were available but that calendar starts early, one day after whatever day you are online to look, and thus you need to scroll through numerous months to get the month of the time periods you are seeking to reserve. The calendars for partial and no availability rooms are now doing the same, starting one day after the day you are online to look. Previously those showed months around the reservation time you were actually seeking.

Last edited:
DVC just called me for more specific information about my email that I sent about the changes. The call gave me the chance to clarify more about what I dislike with the latest changes. Doesn't mean it will GET anywhere but I felt better expressing my preference for being able to see the entire calendar.

Well it looks like they listened to you! Thanks! As of this morning you can view the availability calendar even if there is full availability! Much better. Now if only they would (1)start the availability calendar at the dates selected (rather than having to scroll through the months from Nov 2016), AND (2)show the number of points it would cost for the trip even if only partial availability...

Came to say the same thing. Logged on just now and to my surprise the calendar is there even for full availability. At first it didn't even register and I had a moment of panic that all rooms were unavailable. Yay for Disney IT listening.

Looks like they fixed one problem and created another. They added the calendar for rooms that were available but that calendar starts early, one day after whatever day you are online to look, and thus you need to scroll through numerous months to get the month of the time periods you are seeking to reserve. The calendars for partial and no availability rooms are now doing the same, starting one day after the day you are online to look. Previously those showed months around the reservation time you were actually seeking.

Ah just asking for the world there aren't you Drusba?! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Ah just asking for the world there aren't you Drusba?! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I know, I know, I demand far too much perfection. I keep forgetting that the way IT groups can assure continuous employment is to make sure everything they do is constantly in need of an update.

Last edited:
OK, so somebody else has to write in next time!! :rotfl2::rotfl: I'll take this over nothing!!

And in addition to showing the calendars from the earliest date it also doesn't highlight the dates you've searched on which made it just a little quicker to find in the calendar if you are searching thru several room types. :badpc:

I complained bitterly about the Check Resort Aval Page (CRAP) when it replaced the RAT. DVC heard that too because they quietly changed the name back to RAT.

But I've got to give props when due. With this change, being able to bring up the availability calendars anytime, they've finally got a tool that works on par with the old RAT and still provides the seamless Disney web design they were after.

I like this tool. It took awhile to get there, but it's finally user friendly.

Thank you for listening.

I complained bitterly about the Check Resort Aval Page (CRAP) when it replaced the RAT. DVC heard that too because they quietly changed the name back to RAT.

Actually, I think they changed the Check Resort Availability page back to the Resort Avaialbility Tool because we all kept referring to it far too accurately as "CRAP." At least RAT does not imply incompetency.

UPDATE:

Starting today, December 15, 2016, the calendar that comes up when you view the calendar for a room category shows the month in which your desired trip is and two other sequential months. Before, when you opened the calendar, it would start with the current month and you would have to keep clicking forward until you got to the month of your desired trip.

UPDATE:

Starting today, December 15, 2016, the calendar that comes up when you view the calendar for a room category shows the month in which your desired trip is and two other sequential months. Before, when you opened the calendar, it would start with the current month and you would have to keep clicking forward until you got to the month of your desired trip.

I noticed that too today. Very nice improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter