Ratatouille - standby vs single rider

HFJohnson

DIS Veteran
I should finally get a chance to try out Ratatouille the week after next and was planning on using the single rider queue most of the time. However, I think I read that the fastpass/single rider queues join the ride after most of the pre-show area. I was just wondering if it's worth joining the stand by queue one time just to see it?

I guess it depends how long the standby line is. We only did standby/fp in August and definately had the feeling we were missing something as you can see the tops of buildings and here other things going on, so I am hoping in november to be able to ride via the normal line.
In august single rider was around 10 or 15 mins whilst standby was always between 2 and 3 hours :eek: I would definately not wait this long just to see the queue!

No, I don't think I would wait 2 to 3 hours either! If it's around 30 minutes I might consider it though if there's enough to see.

In my experience, single rider Ratatouille works out great. I'm assuming this is because the ratmobiles are 2 rows of 3 seats each, and many people have a party of 2, or a party of 4. So you can be "added" to a party like that (which isn't uncomfortable at all, I might add).
In the beginning of september, sometimes the single rider queue was non-existent (less than 5 mins), whereas the normal queue was 30-60 mins.
So I'd say: go for it :)

p.s. I don't remember the FP-queue, although I must've used it, I did ride on FP as well.

I don't believe there is much in the standby queue. Some theming to make you think you're small, but that's about it. Keep your expectations in check for the ride, and queue.

-Jason

My girls just watched a YouTube video of the entire length of the ride. It showed all the walk through portions if you wanted to see if it was worth waiting for!

I used both FP and SR queue and sometimes the SR was even faster! Never did the standby line but I have yet to find a queue line worth 1h just for it. I know I'll be back and I'll do it when I'll find a moderate wait.

The single rider queue is fantastic. While the main queue has barely been under 100 minutes the whole time we've been here, the single rider queue has never been longer than 20 mins.

DD and I have been really lucky and only had to ride in separate rats once, the other times we've just been sat in front of one another.

The single rider queue is fantastic. While the main queue has barely been under 100 minutes the whole time we've been here, the single rider queue has never been longer than 20 mins.

DD and I have been really lucky and only had to ride in separate rats once, the other times we've just been sat in front of one another.

You have been lucky then - We were there early Monday afternoon and it was at 120 mins for Ratatouille and 40mins for single riders :crazy2: Totally different from last Friday when it was 40 mins and 5 mins for single riders - OH did it then - I've got to try it but still not allowed :sad1:

we were there before the christmas holidays last year and the main Ratatouille line was never less than 60 minutes wait time the whole time we were there, so we did fastpass twice, and single rider twice - single rider was faster each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter