• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rate Concerns

I would book something you can live with that you can cancel without penalty and then sign up for alerts from a site like Kayak or Expedia. You van put in your price range and get an alert when prices drop to that level.

Try LMTClub, too. The hotel rates can sometimes be surprisingly good, and most of the time they are cancelable.

That's what I was looking at, which is totally fine with me. The Super 8 south of the park has some great reviews, so I'm keeping my eye on that one. It's well within my budget and it'll mostly just be a room to shower, change, and sleep in. Thank you for the suggestions!
I use Hotels.com and check hotel rates a couple times a week. I booked the same week in September that you are going about 4 months in advance. However, I have been watching the Super 8 because the rates are so low, reviews are positive, and it's walking distance to the park. Last I checked it was around 90/night. A few weeks back it dropped to 60ish, then back up a couple days later. So I would definitely book now and make sure the res is cancelleable (it is thru hotels.com) and rebook if it drops again.

I use Hotels.com and check hotel rates a couple times a week. I booked the same week in September that you are going about 4 months in advance. However, I have been watching the Super 8 because the rates are so low, reviews are positive, and it's walking distance to the park. Last I checked it was around 90/night. A few weeks back it dropped to 60ish, then back up a couple days later. So I would definitely book now and make sure the res is cancelleable (it is thru hotels.com) and rebook if it drops again.
That's what I was thinking I would do. At this point, it sounds like I'm just gonna have to make a decision and book something I can cancel. Thank you!

Try LMTClub, too. The hotel rates can sometimes be surprisingly good, and most of the time they are cancelable.
Thank you for the suggestion, but it appears as if I need to pay to be a member. I don't travel enough to utilize a source I have to pay for.

I saved $145 buying my multi day park hoppers from LMT. I had never even heard of LMT before coming on this site, love how people are so great about sharing little tips like that one.

I saved $145 buying my multi day park hoppers from LMT. I had never even heard of LMT before coming on this site, love how people are so great about sharing little tips like that one.

Is this website legitimate? Have you had any problems with LMT prices for park hopper passes?

It is very legitimate. Many of us have used it successfully. You will be very safe using LMT. They are great.

That's amazing! We've been looking around for cheap park hopper passes for a very long time now, so it's good to know this is a legitimate website for tickets.

wow! I just looked and they are much cheaper! Is it a digital ticket that they scan at the gate and trade for a paper one? We would save almost 100.00 for our family of 3!

I came here to check for cheap hotel suggestions/rate concerns and ended up getting really good advice about saving on tickets as well. This is great! I've been going to Disneyland since I was an infant and I have never heard of LMT, so that's awesome I could save a little more money in other ways. Thank you so much for all the advice!

Hi there. I'm planning a trip for September (the week after labor day) and have been doing research on where to stay. My budget is under $100, preferably even closer to $85-90, and I've been seeing a mix of different places. My main concern is when to book my hotel stay. With it being essentially 2 months to the day before we leave, I'm not entirely sure when the best time to look for good rates would be. The rates I'm seeing now are not what I've been told I can book and I feel like I have limited choices. I even checked online for specific rates and then called the hotel to ask if I could get a better rate, but they quoted me $20 more. So my question is...are the rates I'm seeing now, despite wanting to book 2 months in advance, a fairly accurate representation of what I'll be paying in September? Should I wait another month closer to the end of summer and check rates then? Should I book now and snatch up what I've been considering (still haven't made a decision)? It's just all very confusing, the lack of consistency with rates for booking a few months out. I don't want to pay summer prices when I'll be staying there pretty much during a slower season. Any suggestions would help!
As others have noted, two months is actually not the best time to get a good rate. I usually book 6 to 8 months ahead. That said, I'd grab best rate you can that is refundable and then use Hotel Tonight to try to get a better last-minute rate of possible.

I just booked The Grand Legacy for $84/night in September. It is the 40% off prepay rate, and it is nonrefundable, but it is a lot cheaper than other hotels that close to the park entrance, so I figured that I can't go wrong.

I came here to check for cheap hotel suggestions/rate concerns and ended up getting really good advice about saving on tickets as well. This is great! I've been going to Disneyland since I was an infant and I have never heard of LMT, so that's awesome I could save a little more money in other ways. Thank you so much for all the advice!

I am going the same week as you I believe. I found the hotel rates higher than expected and I booked 4 months ago! So they definitely aren't coming down. FYI, if I could go a different week later in Sept, I would, but I have non refundable airline tickets unfortunately.

Read this thread for the details why:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/no-woc-9-14-black-hole-week.3618674/

Your hotel and tickets aren't going to be any more expensive by going a couple weeks later in Sept, but you will get more "bang for your buck" if you go and get to enjoy the Halloween season and decorations more fully instead of rides being down due to overlays.

I am going the same week as you I believe. I found the hotel rates higher than expected and I booked 4 months ago! So they definitely aren't coming down. FYI, if I could go a different week later in Sept, I would, but I have non refundable airline tickets unfortunately.

Read this thread for the details why:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/no-woc-9-14-black-hole-week.3618674/

Your hotel and tickets aren't going to be any more expensive by going a couple weeks later in Sept, but you will get more "bang for your buck" if you go and get to enjoy the Halloween season and decorations more fully instead of rides being down due to overlays.
A little too late for me to switch now that I've already taken PTO and got the hotel. Oh well! I've been to DL throughout the entire year at different times. I'm just really happy to be going back.

For those using LMT, I just signed up but it is saying my dates are unavailable for tickets. When I search different dates in August (4 days, 3 days, etc) it still says unavailable?

I would book ASAP! We just booked a week ago for the 13-17 of September and the rates have shot up like crazy since then! We booked through Orbitz at the Hilton Anaheim for $97 a night. We've used Orbitz for all of our Disney trips since 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter