Rate in May/Is this good?

GoingtoDisney

Mouseketeer
I keep thinking that I may be paying too much, but maybe not. We are planning on going May 25-31, staying at a moderate, using AAA rate. The room total per night is $140, including taxes. Is that good? Can I do better? The only codes I think I have read about are annual pass codes. If I am doing the math correctly, one person would buy an annual pass for $420. That would make the room $109, or about $121 with taxes. I would save about $20 per night. At 6 nights that is $120 in savings, but I am spending $195 more on the pass than I would if I bought a 5 day park hopper for $235. So, it looks like that would not be a savings?? Am I overlooking something?

TIA!!

For this May, that is actually a very good rate. it hurts that people are getting postcards for the same room for 79.00 but a lot of people are also paying full rack rate of 149 before tax. I just had to cancel my AAA rate in May and had to move the trip up in the month. There are no rooms left at the AAA rate so I'll be paying rack. Be grateful for your discount and enjoy your trip.

$140 inc. taxes per night at POR (Mansions) with my AAA rate. I'm really surprised there isn't SOME general public code out. In the past, we've always taken advantage of it and stayed at WL for $129/nt. inc. tax. This year, we're trying POR for the first time. Seems like the discounts, even for AP holders, aren't as good as they've been in the past, so we'll probably still stay with a MOD---still, a further discount of any kind would be great! I think you've got the best current deal for non-AP/Florida resident deals.

Karla B. :flower:

GoingtoDisney said:
I keep thinking that I may be paying too much, but maybe not. We are planning on going May 25-31, staying at a moderate, using AAA rate. The room total per night is $140, including taxes. Is that good? Can I do better? The only codes I think I have read about are annual pass codes. If I am doing the math correctly, one person would buy an annual pass for $420. That would make the room $109, or about $121 with taxes. I would save about $20 per night. At 6 nights that is $120 in savings, but I am spending $195 more on the pass than I would if I bought a 5 day park hopper for $235. So, it looks like that would not be a savings?? Am I overlooking something?

TIA!!

Another savings to look into with the AP is the DDE card for 20% all your food. The cards are $50 with an AP so add that to your cost, but then figure out how much money you will spend in food and see if you will save enough to justify the additional cost of the AP/DDE card. Also, look into the costs for rack rate with the MYW dining plan. I think $35/day/adult is a pretty good rate for eating in the park, if it saves you money compared to your lost discount.

Does the DDE card really entitle you to 20% off all your food? I read on allearsnet that you get 20%off sit down dining and 10% off lunch. That will make a difference. And can you use the DDE card at all the eating locations?

Angie

DISNEY’S DINING EXPERIENCE
Last Revised 12/14/04
PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS
The following is the most current list of participating restaurants offering the Disney’s Dining Experience 20% discount on all food & beverage. Please remember participating restaurants are subject to change. You will be notified of any changes in future newsletters. Certain restrictions apply during Holidays and special events, please check with the restaurant when you make your reservations. DDE discount cannot be used in combination with any other discount. We recommend that you keep this issue for future reference. The cardholder must be 21 years of age or older.
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
World Premiere Food Court
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Intermission Food Court
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
End Zone Food Court
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma—Flavors of Africa
Jiko—The Cooking Place
Victoria Falls
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
(excludes take out shop)
Cape May Cafe
Martha’s Vineyard Lounge
Rip Tide Lounge
Disney’s BoardWalk
Bellevue Lounge
ESPN® Club
Flying Fish Cafe
Spoodles
Disney’s Bonnet Creek Golf Club
Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
California Grill
Chef Mickey’s Restaurant
Concourse Steakhouse
Outer Rim Lounge
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Maya Grill
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
(Late Show Only)
Trail’s End Restaurant
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
1900 Park Fare
Cítricos
Garden View Lounge
Grand Floridian Cafe
Mizner’s Lounge
Narcoossee’s
Victoria & Albert’s (excluding Chef’s Table)
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Olivia’s Cafe
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
‘Ohana
Kona Cafe
Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
(Late Show Only)
Tambu Lounge
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Everything Pop Shopping and Dining
Classic Concoctions
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Riverside:
Boatwright’s Dining Hall
River Roost
French Quarter:
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food
Factory
Scat Cat’s Club
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Artist’s Palette
The Turf Club
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Marketplace
Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side
Wolfgang Puck® Café
Planet Hollywood®
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point
Territory Lounge
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Ale and Compass Lounge
Crews Cup Lounge
Yacht Club Galley
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Epcot®
Biergarten Restaurant
Bistro de Paris Restaurant
Chefs de France Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant
L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Akershus
Restaurant Marrakesh
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
San Angel Inn Restaurante
The Garden Grill Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Tune-In Lounge
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park
Tusker House Restaurant
Pizzafari
Flame Tree Barbecue
Restaurantosaurus
Disney’s Wide World of Sports®
Official All-Star Cafe
Entertainment & Dancing:
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island:
Half price admission to Pleasure Island Clubs for members and guest
Atlantic Dance Hall - Disney’s BoardWalk:
Admission is free for members and guest
FACTS
How long does it take to receive my cards?
Please allow 2-3 weeks processing time for new cards and renewals.
Can I have my cards forwarded to my new address?
Our mailings are not forwarded. If you have a forwarding notice on your mail, all DDE items will be returned to us.
When are renewal notices mailed out?
Renewal notices are mailed out 45-60 days prior to expiration date. If you have not received a renewal notice in that time, please call us.
For Priority Seating:
407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463)
For Disney’s Dining Experience:
407-566-5858

~HTH~

I was also quoted the same rate of 149 a night before tax and then I called back two weeks later on 3/25/05 and got the Caribbean Beach Resort for 79 a night due to a PIN code attached to my name. Try calling back and asking if you have a PIN to your name in the system.....if I didn't I wouldn't be staying onsite this time so it's worth the try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter