Rationing again?

People keep mentioning labor shortage. With 3-5 Walmart employees with their huge carts in each aisle getting in the way shopping for the lazy people, it's not a labor shortage situation. There's plenty of labor, they are just catering to the lazy who won't do their own shopping and leaving the shelves empty for those who aren't lazy.
Work smarter, not harder. 👍

I'm still noticing the weird shortages, but that's been happening off and on for over a year. Right now, I can't buy a Lunchable anywhere, any variety, and school isn't even back in session yet. Our local gas station started allowing refillable glasses again for the first time since the pandemic started, not because they think the virus is gone but because they're having issues getting their disposable cups. Over the weekend, they were out of one size of cup and a different size of lid and my friend who works there said they don't expect to get shipments of either for at least a week. But toilet paper seems in ample supply and I haven't noticed limits on water, though I don't buy it so I might just not have noticed.

Weirdly, Lunchables have been on sale often at grocery stores here lately, but they never have any when I've gone in.

Strange things have been out of stock the past couple times I’ve been to the store. Stain spray (Shout, Spray & Wash, etc.) And canned pumpkin are the two most recent that I’ve encountered. I’ve chalked this up to supply chain shortages, but who really knows? :confused3

I was making cupcakes for my granddaughter and needed edible glitter dust. Went to Michael's Craft Store (which is a pretty big chain craft store) and they had hardly anything on the shelves....not just cake decorating supplies but throughout the whole store. I felt like it was a going out of business look but they just moved in a few months ago. I couldn't believe how empty the whole store was.

Where was this at? I know the northeast is having a severe storm so people might have been stockpiling prior to the storm.
California
I haven't seen rationing, but there are definite supply issues on some things (household cleaners, laundry detergent, and I haven't seen lime juice in months).
Two stores I went to were out of lime juice a couple weeks ago, just found some this last weekend.
The funniest thing I saw my local Walmart being out of was Cake Mixes. Last week there were NONE on the shelf. That entire section was empty.
Celebrating their kids going back to school? No wait, that would alcohol :woohoo:

I'm still noticing the weird shortages, but that's been happening off and on for over a year. Right now, I can't buy a Lunchable anywhere, any variety, and school isn't even back in session yet. Our local gas station started allowing refillable glasses again for the first time since the pandemic started, not because they think the virus is gone but because they're having issues getting their disposable cups. Over the weekend, they were out of one size of cup and a different size of lid and my friend who works there said they don't expect to get shipments of either for at least a week. But toilet paper seems in ample supply and I haven't noticed limits on water, though I don't buy it so I might just not have noticed.
Ha, so weird, as much as the shelves are empty at my Walmart, the Lunchables filled an entire case in the center of the aisle. Those cases are huge, there were a LOT of Lunchables, LOL.

I've noticed the last few times I've gone to Walmart, there was no Gatoraide and very low on eggs (3 cartons only left). The lady working the produce said they were short on some veggies and fruit because they were missing quite a few trucks.

My favorite salt and vinegar chips are Cape Cod kettle cooked ones but I also like just their regular ones. I haven't even thought to check for that brand in a while though, a bummer if they are having supply issues.

We bought these for our daughter in Kroger on Thursday. Fully stocked.

The only thing we couldn't find was cookie dough rolls.

But I did easily get one in my Walmart order on Sunday(different town than daughters)

I have not found a lunchable, the type with the Capri-Sun, in weeks. The entire section in every store near us is empty. It's odd. Capri-Sun's are also gone.

I haven't seen any rationing or unfilled shelves (hit 2 groceries - 1 this weekend, and 1 yesterday).

I haven't seen many great sales, either - that probably helps:)...

The store I go to (Meijer) is always out of stock on things but they were having problems before the pandemic. DH just goes to a different Meijer when I can't get things at our local one.

Two stores I went to were out of lime juice a couple weeks ago, just found some this last weekend.

The store has plenty of actual limes, Key Lime juice (which we found tastes close enough to regular to work in drinks), and lemon juice, but no regular lime juice. It's odd.

We are having shortages in certain things at certain times in our supermarkets but it's due to a shortage of lorry drivers because of Brexit. Haulage issues are a big deal in the UK just now.

I was making cupcakes for my granddaughter and needed edible glitter dust. Went to Michael's Craft Store (which is a pretty big chain craft store) and they had hardly anything on the shelves....not just cake decorating supplies but throughout the whole store. I felt like it was a going out of business look but they just moved in a few months ago. I couldn't believe how empty the whole store was.
Michaels was recently bought out and I think they are changing up their lines. Cleared out the old and in some cases still waiting on the new to arrive. At least that's what I've been told about scrapbook supplies.

That said, I've noticed far lighter stock in general in all sorts of stores.

National Topo Chico shortage. 😩
Available everywhere here!
Much of this is supply chain issues-Because of labor shortages there are 100s of container ships anchored off the west coast ports waiting to off load-stuff that is on ships is not in the supply chain and thus not on your walmart shelves. We have not seen rationing but occassional outages of some things.

I saw a post on Nextdoor yesterday that the Coscto near us was out of TP and someone asked an employee about it. The employee told them that they just aren't getting trucks - in the past they got at least one truck with mixed stock every single day, sometimes more than one truck. Now they are going several days between trucks because of the truck driver shortage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter