Rats or vermin in parks?

I've seen a couple of mice, once in a planter and once on the way out of Indy just before you get to the end.

I've also seen a couple of big ones wearing clothes on Main St.
Now, that one on Main Street I like…did he have a big friendly dog with him..that’s a really sweet dog 😊❤️

I was scared to open this thread because I do NOT want to know if Disneyland is secretly teeming with vermin. Seems like it's ok, though. Phew!

I've only ever seen ducks and cats and dignified rodents who wear cute ensembles.

Wow…a possum??? That’s amazing because they are fairly reclusive critters. My son had one living under his shed in Indiana…until his dog chased it away.
I was surprised for the same reasons. Little guy was up in a tree early in the morning.

We were standing on the Mark Twain about a year ago waiting to depart the loading area and saw a large roof rat running along the fence/gate of the ride. It ran to the shed nearby. Not surprised at all to see them but I’m sure the cats help keep them in check.

My uncle was a research scientist. He mostly studied insects and worked in a lab to research pest control. My mom told a story of how when Disneyland was fairly young, he and his team were called to test out safe methods for vermin control. There were no people in the park, just testing procedures using actual kitchen locations and preparation procedures. According to my uncle's story, one of their products was apparently wildly successful because as the big vats with the automatic stirrers were going, there was a rain of dead/dying roaches that literally fell out of the ceiling, including into the vat! It's a horrifying visual and I can't guarantee it's a completely accurate account, but it does give me the creeps!

Edited to add that he also said Walt Disney was very scrupulous about cleanliness and that the park was by far the most sanitary business they'd ever dealt with. Walt was careful as well about the safety of the guests and tried to make sure they would not be negatively impacted by anything used to control whatever unsavory things might show up.

Last edited:

I've seen turtles behind big thunder and a few ducks of course. Seen a cat or three over the years but never seen anything I didn't want to see so far!!!

I'm in Disneyland Paris at the moment. Spotted 2 rats, both near water. One was on my way from the hotels to the park (river next to Sequoia Lodge) and the other was in Adventureland (next to Indiane Jones).

I'm in Disneyland Paris at the moment. Spotted 2 rats, both near water. One was on my way from the hotels to the park (river next to Sequoia Lodge) and the other was in Adventureland (next to Indiane Jones).
Well, aside from the rats, I hope you have a marvelous time there! Heard their AC is great! DoesCaptain America speak French I wonder? 🤔

Well, aside from the rats, I hope you have a marvelous time there! Heard their AC is great! DoesCaptain America speak French I wonder? 🤔
Having a great time, DLP is my home park and we are here for the Annual Pass party tonight. Fingers crossed everything planned will take place tonight, they are predicting rain during party hours.

All characters speak French and English, and sometimes you come across other languages as well. I just met Tiana who heard my Dutch accent when I spoke to her in English and she switched to Dutch. I have met a Dutch Merida before, but as I usually watch their films in English and not in Dutch... it feels wrong to talk to them in Dutch ;-)

If you ask, you can get autographs in French as well. Goofy is Dingo in French, Captain Hook is Capitaine Crochet, etc.. So if you are into collecting autographs, France is a nice way to add to your collection.

Their AC is fine... for European standards. For US standards... not so much ;-) Here we just open a window when we're warm.

I used to see mice at the old smoking section near big thunder. I went with a friend who smoked, and that was her go to spot. I haven’t seen anything lately that I recall. I do love seeing the cats though!!

I have seen plenty of vermin over the years at Disney, but they stand on 2 legs and speak English.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter