RCCL or DCL?

kemmerlinj2

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am planning a big college graduation trip in 2019 that has 11 nights at Disney, 4 nights at Universal followed by a 7 night cruise. I have done Royal Caribbean but was thinking about doing Disney Cruise for the first time. However the cost is making me second think it. I'm willing to spend a good bit on the cruise and was planning on doing 2 concierge verandah rooms (one for myself and one for my parents). But, after watching the Dreams Unlimited video on the new Royal Caribbean concierge I looked up the 2 bedroom aquatheater suite and am leaning a little more towards this. Is there a big difference in the two cruise lines or their concierges? Any help would be great!

Hello! I am planning a big college graduation trip in 2019 that has 11 nights at Disney, 4 nights at Universal followed by a 7 night cruise. I have done Royal Caribbean but was thinking about doing Disney Cruise for the first time. However the cost is making me second think it. I'm willing to spend a good bit on the cruise and was planning on doing 2 concierge verandah rooms (one for myself and one for my parents). But, after watching the Dreams Unlimited video on the new Royal Caribbean concierge I looked up the 2 bedroom aquatheater suite and am leaning a little more towards this. Is there a big difference in the two cruise lines or their concierges? Any help would be great!

This an amazing trip. I just read your pretrip report which explains more about you. First, I want to thank you for your service in the military.

I have no experience with concierge on either cruise line as I usually book the cheapest room available on the ship since I am a cruiser who spends most of my time out and about the ship. However, I have done 7 Disney cruises and have my 7th Royal cruise coming up this summer. So I do have experience on both lines (and have numerous experiences cruising on other lines as well).

Based on reading your pretrip report, it sounds like you are a Disney person. As a fellow Disney person, I know I would have a difficult time going to Disney and then doing a different company's cruise. I would miss the Disney touches on the ship and be comparing. When I go to Disney World, I want to end in a Disney cruise to relax.

When I was planning my honeymoon cruise, I knew I wanted a Greece and Turkey Mediterranean cruise and had it narrowed down to Princess and Disney. I had previously done three Princess cruises in Europe including the Mediterranean and knew I enjoyed Princess. But my wedding was Mickey Mouse themed and I really love Disney. How could I not pick the Disney cruise? I am so glad I did as I absolutely loved it and actually preferred it to my Princess Mediterranean cruise.

In addition, If I read it correctly, I think you said you have been on the Allure which is similar to the Oasis and the Harmony (although with the Harmony being newer it has even more bells and whistles). So going on those ships won't be an entirely new experience for you. Going on the Fantasy will be completely new to you and be a continuation of the whole Disney experience.

I see you are also trying to decide on which resort to stay at while in Disney and have it narrowed down to a few. I haven't done the villas, but I did just stay at AKL for the first time and absolutely loved it. I was nervous about its location and how long it would take to get to the MK, but I had no problems. I think it may have replaced the Polynesian as my favorite resort, especially since the price of the Polynesian has gone up so much.

Good luck with all your planning and with finishing college. What a very exciting time for you. Enjoy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter