RCI Exchange Question - UPDATE BELOW!

mickeymouse1017

<font color=red>I am such a Disney nerd I am such
We just did our first RCI Exchange through the DVC at the Fairmont in San Francisco (would not necessarily recommend it but that is an entirely different thread) and as this is our first exchange, I have a question. As of this afternoon, our credit card shows pending charges for the two rooms that we had. Is this normal when we booked the rooms on points? DVC is already closed so I can't call them but the credit card people said to give it a few days because it may not actually be a charge. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

Got an answer today from DVC. This is not normal and I was told to call the hotel directly. It seems as if the hotel makes a $300 incidental pending charge per room (we had two rooms) when you check in. If everything is fine when you check out, then they cancel those charges. However the lady that I spoke with said that it may take 3-5 days or up to two weeks for those charges to be released. I am not in favor of this at all and from the information that I got from the DVC, this is not common practice. Just another reason to not return to the Fairmont.

Got an answer today from DVC. This is not normal and I was told to call the hotel directly. It seems as if the hotel makes a $300 incidental pending charge per room (we had two rooms) when you check in. If everything is fine when you check out, then they cancel those charges. However the lady that I spoke with said that it may take 3-5 days or up to two weeks for those charges to be released. I am not in favor of this at all and from the information that I got from the DVC, this is not common practice. Just another reason to not return to the Fairmont.

I've never heard of such a thing! Of course, maybe it keeps things like towel theft, I-home theft, damage etc. etc. down, so maybe more power to them! On the other hand, it would have been nice to know that up front BEFORE you booked it.

I would disagree with DVC, it is a common practice for timeshares (and hotels) to put a hold on certain amounts. Actually Disney does this also for hotels, but I don't think for points stays. Generally it doesn't show up on your CC statement though but will show up online and WILL reduce your available credit. I think most places just take your CC and don't actually run it through but some do. Rental car places do this a lot also, esp if you don't pay the extortion (extra insurance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter