RCI less than 45 days?

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I've heard that putting points into RCI less than 45 days from end of UY has major restrictions. What are they, and is it worth it to put points in RCI at that point?

I have a resale contract in ROFR right now that has 100 2018 points banked into 2019, which expire 8/31/2020. I had originally hoped to be able to rent them out, but with ROFR and everything taking so long, I strongly suspect I'll be lucky if it passes before those points expire. I certainly won't be able to rent them, most likely. So I'm wondering if there's any value in putting them into RCI, or should I just consider it a loss?

Thanks!

DONE! I just called MS to deposit points in RCI. I am at the 44 day mark. :rolleyes: Medium-long, uninteresting story as to why I didn't do it sooner. I have 100 banked 2018 points that I don't want to lose. I've cancelled 3 trips now using those same points, and we won't be going to Disney before they expire. She didn't say anything about restrictions and said the points will be good until Dec 31, 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter