RCI timeshare near Disney

lolobug

DIS Veteran
Hello…
I have been gifted some travel time through RCI from a family member. Suggestions on the best places to stay for a Disney vacation? Thank you!

Hello…
I have been gifted some travel time through RCI from a family member. Suggestions on the best places to stay for a Disney vacation? Thank you!
That's great! We've stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (but this resort is pretty difficult to book and a decent amount of points), we've stayed at Sheraton Vistana, Orange Lake and Westgate all using RCI points. How many points did they give to you?

Vistana is a nice one--good location and the units are great.

Vacation Village @ Parkway is an interesting option--it's usually a bargain to exchange into, and there are only one or two traffic lights to anywhere on property. The units are not luxurious, but are perfectly adequate.

Silver Lake has been on my "I'd like to try it someday" list. It's tucked right behind AKL/AK on Sherberth road. That can be a little congested at shift change (Sherberth is a popular route in/out with Cast) but otherwise a great spot.

Orange Lake is a huge resort in its own right. It would be a good choice for a trip that was not all-Parks all-the-time.

HGVC Sea World and HGVC Tuscany are both very nice. (HGVC = Hilton Grand Vacations Club)

You will have lots of options with RCI. There are some not so good resorts, but many will work out just fine.

Hello…
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek hands down, it’s located within the Disney Gates, excellent property including 2 lazy rivers, kids splash zone, multiple dining options, spacious 2 bedroom units. I can’t say enough positive things about it, it is our favorite place to stay at Disney World. Our last trip was to Beach Club Resort (in a 1 bedroom unit), and my daughters liked Bonnet Creek better.

If you can’t get Bonnet Creek, I second Vistana as an option.

Last edited:
Orange Lake is a great place. We’ve stayed there a bunch of times. We are using RCI points to stay at Vistana over the 4th of July.

Bonnet is my favorite but it has been sparse in RCI. However it light be getting better: right now there is plenty of inventory in late summer through early fall.

HGVC Sea World and HGVC Tuscany are both very nice. (HGVC = Hilton Grand Vacations Club)

You will have lots of options with RCI. There are some not so good resorts, but many will work out just fine.
I second the HGVC resorts - they’re very nice

We enjoyed both the HGVC SeaWorld and Tuscany, though at Tuscany, it was hard to find a parking spot near our building after a park day. But Tuscany is walking distance from an outlet mall that has the Disney Character Warehouse, so we got some discounted Disney Christmas stuff. Neither are too bad of a drive from the parks, and the rooms and facilities are nice. We really love the screened in balconies with seating for 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter