RCI Trade...

gracie89

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

I hope I am in the right area to get this query answered. Basically, my parents have a very unused RCI timeshare with over 100,000 points just collecting dust and they said we can use it anytime. Were are thinking end of 2017 to go back to the world and I wanted to know a couple of things.

Ideally we would like 1 week in an Epcot resort and 1 week in a MK resort, not fussy as to which.
Preferably one bedroom but could live with studio.
Either first 2 weeks of Sept/Last week of Oct-first week of Nov/last week of Nov into Dec, again these dates are flexible.

So my questions are:

What is availability like for RCI trades, and would you suggest my dates and preferences are doable?

What, if any, are the costs of a trade?

Thanks in advance,

Grace

From everything I have read (from posters who know RCI well and use it trade into DVC) it seems as though DVC has really only been depositing SSR villas (mainly 1 BR) recently. So unless depositing patterns change it would seem unlikely to obtain a MK or Epcot resort (especially for back to back weeks). RCI charges a fee for each trade as well as DVC having a fee at checkin-someone who does it regularly could give you a better idea

Hi guys,

I hope I am in the right area to get this query answered. Basically, my parents have a very unused RCI timeshare with over 100,000 points just collecting dust and they said we can use it anytime. Were are thinking end of 2017 to go back to the world and I wanted to know a couple of things.

Ideally we would like 1 week in an Epcot resort and 1 week in a MK resort, not fussy as to which.
Preferably one bedroom but could live with studio.
Either first 2 weeks of Sept/Last week of Oct-first week of Nov/last week of Nov into Dec, again these dates are flexible.

So my questions are:

What is availability like for RCI trades, and would you suggest my dates and preferences are doable?

What, if any, are the costs of a trade?

Thanks in advance,

Grace
As noted, mostly SSR 1 BR currently and fortunately for you, mostly 1 BR in general. I'd suggest you decide what you're OK with in terms of resorts and weeks. If you set up a trade request that has SSR and/or OKW plus others, you'll almost always get those options. If you're set on not going otherwise, I'd not list SSR or OKW and likely not AKV as well. But just realize that means you likely won't get anything. You could set up multiple trade requests but that wouldn't seem to be helpful unless you're OK paying multiple exchange fees. Plus you'll likely match SSR or OKW anyway. Personally I'd set up 2 request, one for each week, for a 1 BR and list all applicable resorts. If you have more than a 2 week window you could set up your first week as higher end options then week 2 & 3 as all options including SSR or some similar plan. 100K RCI points is not going to get you two 1 BR units without banking/borrowing points. Depending on how much over 100K RCI points you might be able to squeeze two SSR 1 BR out of the deal. You'll need 109K for two OKW or SSR 1BR villas. If it's Wyndham points, you might have trouble simply getting one 1BR anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter