• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCI Trading 101 -Can someone please direct me?

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Hello-

It looks like it will be impossible to travel in February and I have 175 points that will expire in July 2021. (August use year)

I have owned DVC since 2006 and have never exchanged through RCI. Is there an "RCI Basics" information thread someone could direct me to? I have been searching and reading various threads for over an hour and I still don't have much of a clue on what to do. (How long do I have to use the traded points, what if I had to cancel again, how to get the best value/ resort for my DVC points)

I have learned it's not a great value to trade- but I don't think I really have any other options. Please tell me if I do!

Thank you.......

Are these 2019 points that have been banked already into 2020, thus they expire in 2021?

Are they direct points?
Resale points? Grandfathered or not?

If they are available to use in the Disney Concierge Collection, have you considered doing that in an area close to you?

And there is a limit to when points can be converted to vacation points plus a $95 fee. Obviously, neither is a good use of points. I believe you have 2 years to use the points in RCI but you should probably go and look

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ts/concierge/2021_Web_CC_Pt_Cht_v6_111720.pdf
As I recall, points must be deposited in 10 point increments for RCI.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...t/rci/rci/2020-2021Web-RCI-Pt-chts-111919.pdf

Thank you for your response. Yes, the points were banked and must be used or put into RCI before the deadline- which I
am not even when that is. The points expire July 31st 2021- but when would I need to deposit them into RCI and how long would I have to use them? I need to understand RCI trading.

I am still on the DVC/RCI website and can't figure out how to do an ongoing search for desired locations in 2022 because there are four resorts available- none of which are close enough to the desired location- but I can't save the search. It keeps directing me back to the four available resorts. I've been going down this rabbit hole for almost two hours now.

The only time I looked into the C Collection I found the point charge to be astronomical- The Sagamore in Lake George wanted 90 points a night- or maybe it was the weekend- but it was crazy for a room, not even a condo.

Thanks again for your help.....

Personally I would just rent out the points and then use the cash to stay wherever you want. Sorry, no help with RCI.

Personally I would just rent out the points and then use the cash to stay wherever you want. Sorry, no help with RCI.

Can you offer some guidance on where to begin that process? I have a studio Boardwalk view reserved for eight nights. Sunday before Presidents day through the following Monday.

Can you offer some guidance on where to begin that process? I have a studio Boardwalk view reserved for eight nights. Sunday before Presidents day through the following Monday.
I use a FB group when renting out points but you could also use the rental board here or a broker if you prefer. You could first try renting the confirmed reservation or cancel it to make other reservations for people if nobody goes for the current reservation.

That's exactly what I am looking for! Could you please post the link for it?

That's exactly what I am looking for! Could you please post the link for it?

Not sure if there is a better source, but the Rent / Trade board here has stickies at the top that should get you through the rules / basics. Just looking at others posts should get you 90% of what you need to know.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/
If you ever find the RCI fount of knowledge, let me know! I may be needing it soon myself!

For those interested in learning about RCI, the Timeshare Users Group (tugbbs.com) is a valuable resource.

Thank you for your response. Yes, the points were banked and must be used or put into RCI before the deadline- which I
am not even when that is. The points expire July 31st 2021- but when would I need to deposit them into RCI and how long would I have to use them? I need to understand RCI trading.

I am still on the DVC/RCI website and can't figure out how to do an ongoing search for desired locations in 2022 because there are four resorts available- none of which are close enough to the desired location- but I can't save the search. It keeps directing me back to the four available resorts. I've been going down this rabbit hole for almost two hours now.

The only time I looked into the C Collection I found the point charge to be astronomical- The Sagamore in Lake George wanted 90 points a night- or maybe it was the weekend- but it was crazy for a room, not even a condo.

Thanks again for your help.....

I've never used RCI with DVC points before, but when we purchased DVC recently at our discussion with member services they told me that the deadline to deposit your points into RCI is 45 days prior to their expiration and you must deposit them in 10 point increments. Another thing to consider before going the RCI route is maybe renting your points out to someone who can travel before your deposit deadline.

Honestly I think you'd have a very easy time renting for around $2k, which is near $13pp. Boardwalk and especially boardwalk view studios are always sought after, most of Feb is already booked solid. It's a great reservation you have in terms of desirability. You may even be able to go higher per point but it's a good bet you'd get alot of interest $14pp or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter