• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RD for Soaring and Test Track

pfeifer14

Mouseketeer
If we don't have FP for those two rides, how long do you think we will prepare for waiting for those two rides after RD? Should we hit Soaring or Test Track first then go straight to another? I was thinking maybe 30 min. wait for the first ride then head over to 2nd ride will probably be around 1 hour wait?

Depends upon what day you go and how many people are waiting at RD. ;) Most of which may be heading to the new Frozen ride. If you are there for RD, the first ride you go on should be a walk on and the other not much more than 15-30 minutes. At least that is what I have experienced and that was with only 2 theaters at Soaring, now with 3, the wait should be even less, if they have all 3 open in the morning that is.

Yes, TT first, then Soarin. The waits will of course depend on when you are going. But wait times for Soarin are way down since the addition of the third screen.

Yes, definitely do Test Track first and then Soarin' if you don't have a FP+ for either one. If you hit TT first and get there right at park opening, you should be able to be done by 9:30ish. I'd bet Soarin' standby is less than 30 minutes at that point. Wouldn't be surprised if it's only 10-15. If you do the other way around and don't get to TT until 9:30, the standby line may be near an hour already.

TT, Soarin and FEA are all Tier 1. Personally, I'd get FEA and do the other 2 standby if I had the option for all 3.

The fireworks have such good views everywhere, FP+ isn't necessary, in my opinion.

Well I thought Test Track was a tier 2 selection. Ugghh. I guess we could just head to Test Track first, then after that stand by for Soarin. And use the fast pass for FEA, that is if I get one. My Epcot day is on a Saturday so I bet it will be a bit more crowded then rather than during the week, but oh well.

Agree with others - FP for FEA and the others stand by at rope drop.

Recommend getting to EPCOT atleast 30 minutes before RD. Go to TT first - might even get to ride it twice in an row! Then head to Soarin.

If it's raining - all bets are off as TT may not be running.

Also - we were there the day after the hurricane so I don't know if our results were typical, but we arrived at the gate at 7:45 for 8am open. Gates opened at 8am. Walked to TT. When we finished the first ride, they asked us if we wanted to go again. Of course everyone did!

At 8:20 we were back at the center of Innoventions and we headed to Soarin. The posted wait was 10 minutes but we walked on straight to being sorted. When the ride ended, we got back in line with similar results. we went on to ride Living with the land, Nemo, see turtle talk, use a character spot FP, and arrive at the DVC lounge at Imagination pavilion before 10am! We had a surprise encounter with Gaston outside, went and enjoyed snacks/drinks at DVC Lounge, then Journey/Figment. By 11:30 we were in world showcase strolling around and made it to our FEA FP for around 1pm. After FEA we circled back to Mission Space, Space Ship Earth etc. By 4:00, we were done with everything and went to visit Pluto and watch the acrobats in China and have dinner! Easy breezy day knocking those rides out at rope drop!!

If you have any 8am opens - DO IT!

Yes along with FEA and special seating for the fireworks

Is there a FP for special seating for fireworks? Ill be at Epcot on NYE and would use this option if I can get it. Thanks.

We were there 9/12 (a Monday) and had a fp for FEA. We were second in line at the tapstile for a 9:00 opening. We went straight to Joy/Sadness meet, then met Baymax and then headed over to test track, then soarin. I don't remember specific wait times, but we did all that plus sum of all thrills by 10:40. We were also able to secure a 4th fp later that day for TT again. Hope your day works out as well as ours did!

I definitely agree that TT is the first priority. Hope that it isn't raining and that they didn't run into technical difficulties in opening the ride, which unfortunately happens sometimes.

Lines at Soarin, except on very busy days, are not what they used to be.

Is there a FP for special seating for fireworks? Ill be at Epcot on NYE and would use this option if I can get it. Thanks.

No.
The FP+reserved section for IllumiNations is STANDING room.

There is apparently a section of the country where the figure of speech for "location" can be "seating."
I also see many times here on the board where the "seating" location of a parade is discussed.
These areas are also standing room.

I don't know what your family setup is, but what we would do at rope drop with no FP's is Soarin' first, then single rider at Test Track. The only time you're actually separated is the ride itself and there's a reasonable chance that two of you would be in the same car, one behind the other.

I don't know what your family setup is, but what we would do at rope drop with no FP's is Soarin' first, then single rider at Test Track. The only time you're actually separated is the ride itself and there's a reasonable chance that two of you would be in the same car, one behind the other.

That's exactly what my DD and I did in August on our first EPCOT day. Worked great! We had a FEA FP+ for later that morning.

We do SR on TT all the time and most of the time you don't get split up. and it saves a ton of time..

DD18 and I have been doing this for years. Often we are in the same car but have never been more than 2 cars apart. We don't even try to ride together anymore. The single rider line goes so much quicker!

No.
The FP+reserved section for IllumiNations is STANDING room.

There is apparently a section of the country where the figure of speech for "location" can be "seating."
I also see many times here on the board where the "seating" location of a parade is discussed.
These areas are also standing room.

Thank you. I was not aware there is a FP Reserved section for Illuminations.
I thought they did away with firework fp but maybe that was parade fp, not sure.
Anyway, this will be my number 1 choice when I make my fp soon for NYE.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter