? re All Stars Music accommodation

zaksmom

Mouseketeer
Last year we stayed at All Stars Music in a room with a roll-in shower. It had a King bed rather than two queens or doubles. This is the set up for all rooms with the roll-in shower. We had to have a cot brought in - there are three of us. It was uncomfortable and took up what little room there was to roll the wheelchair around. I am planning another trip and would like to stay there again. I understand that under ADA two beds must be offered as this would be equal to anyone else paying for the same room without a roll-in shower. I want to ask for this when I make my reservations with special reservations but don't want to be pushy. Anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Thanks.

a room at a Moderate is the same set up?

I wouldn't worry about being pushy...what I would say is..

"There has to be a way to have an accessible room with two regular beds..."

If they don't suggest a room at a Moderate at a value price, or a connecting room at the value, I would definitely ask to speak to a CM that can help you to a greater extent...read, more decision making power...:D

Two things I always try to remember:
1)If you don't ask, you don't get...but ask in a way that allows others to be creative. That way, you can thank them for helping you get exactly what you need...:)
2)You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar... :)

DH's favourite line is, "Unfortunately, that is unacceptable"...and then he gets quiet...

guess the secret's out!! We're a family of non-confrontationalists, and slightly passive aggressive!!:crazy:

Hope this helps! :sunny:

If you had 4 people you would be offered 2 rooms but because there is only three they have given you 2 beds when they gave you the roll away. Do you have to have the roll in shower? I have 2 kids in wheelchairs that can't stand and we have stayed in a regular room. Both kids roll into the bathroom door and then transfer on the toilet and then slide over to the tub.

Thanks for replies.

Non confrontational is me to a "T" Thanks for the advice.

Yes we need a roll in shower. My son is 20, has mixed quadraplegic CP and has contractures at the knees - it is pretty much impossible to get him into a tub. You're right, I thought that it might be easier if we had 4 people rather than three.

Besides the uncomfortable and short cot (my son can't sleep in it), it was the size of the room. If my memory was right, we couldn't get him out of the room when his Dad was still "in the cot" Yes, Dad took the cot. Are the moderate rooms a lot bigger than the All Stars rooms? Actually the bathroom set up at the All Stars was the best we have ever experienced at disney.

Thanks again.

The rooms at all of the value resorts are 260 sq ft (and I think this DOES include the bathroom, but I'm not completely sure).

All of the moderates, except Caribbean, are 314 sq ft. Caribbean, which is older, has its rooms at 340 sq ft.

Don't know how funds are for you but you could also try to rent points off of a DVCer to OKW. The rooms are huge and there is also a kitchenette. Most rent @ 10?pt and sun- thirs... it's 8 points for a studio...= $80/ night!

Originally posted by tigger2on
Don't know how funds are for you but you could also try to rent points off of a DVCer to OKW. The rooms are huge and there is also a kitchenette. Most rent @ 10?pt and sun- thirs... it's 8 points for a studio...= $80/ night!

Excellent idea!! The 1 bdrm is even more space, and there the elevator bldgs as well...head over to the DVC Boards, read the FAQ's and ask away...lots of helpful folks!!:D

The bathrooms at Coronado Springs are the best of all the moderates and better than those at the All Stars for space and accessibility. Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter have bathrooms with roll in showers that are impossible for me to use due to the layout. I've never tried Caribbean Beach because things are always perfect at CS and the rooms are more spacious than the All Stars. ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter