Re-entering Canada Through Port of Vancouver?

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the experience of re-entering Canada through the port of Vancouver after a cruise to a number of different countries? I want to know how long it took to get through customs at the port. (We took a similar cruise years ago, returning to San Diego, and the port experience was a hot mess, we nearly missed our flight home).

How many countries does your cruise stop at during the voyage before ending Vancouver? I'm not sure the amount of countries you have visited would really affect the amount of time in customs but I could be wrong.
I've sailed in and out of Vancouver several times but have always been coming back from the US. Most recently it was this past July on a round trip Alaskan cruise, customs barely looked at our passports let alone ask what we were bringing back. I wouldn't really worry about it too much.

Does anyone have the experience of re-entering Canada through the port of Vancouver after a cruise to a number of different countries? I want to know how long it took to get through customs at the port. (We took a similar cruise years ago, returning to San Diego, and the port experience was a hot mess, we nearly missed our flight home).
Yes. I live in Vancouver.

Good news, it is dead easy. There may be somewhat of a delay, but only if another ship is offloading at the same time.

If you are doing a flight the same day, my recommendation is go to skytrain (about 1 block walk) and take the rapid transit straight to the airport. It avoids the traffic (there is no highway between the port and the airport)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter