Re-Imagined Test Track Coming Soon

That's rather vague.

Personally, I could care less about designing my own vehicle. I find these things never really add much to the experience... but I suppose if it's a way to pass time in the queue (instead of adding time to the wait) then it could be worse.

I wish there was more info on how the ride itself might be different/better, though.

Also interesting is how it's now Chevrolet -- I wonder if that's a sign GM is going to dump more eggs into the Chevy basket.

Thanks for the link, nice to at least see some confirmation of the long-rumored refurb.

Make no mention of the TRON overlay. wdwmagic wrong, how could this be?

I think the whole Tron aspect was a blown out take on the design your own car portion. Like therell probably be a high tech car option. As for descriptiveness I agree there's much to be desired, I'm actually sort of hoping theres change around the ride itself inside, the self design is hard to imagine in the ride itself, but here's to high hopes on a refreshing refurb this time.

the self design is hard to imagine in the ride itself

yeah, especially with six people in each car. What if you have two groups of three? Three groups of two? A group of two and a group of four? Single riders? People from the presumable separate FP queue mixed in among the standby riders? Which "design" goes on the track -- I'm sure someone has a plan for that (ha ha) but it's hard to picture right now.

Maybe it will be like Mission to Mars. Everyone will have a specific duty. Some one picks the color, someone picks the style.... just a thought. A callaborative approach.

sounds kinda rubbish so far, you'll probably need an XPass to do the design your own car - and even then it will consist of the car appearing to reflect on a screen or something somewhere around the track.

Maybe it will be like Mission to Mars. Everyone will have a specific duty. Some one picks the color, someone picks the style.... just a thought. A callaborative approach.

That seems like it would work. It still sounds very complex to me. I'm just hoping they're going to change the actual tests in some way. Make it different so the changes are actually new and worthwhile, but still accurate when it comes to testing cars.

You may be thinking too big...

Like previous posters, I agree that designing your own ride vehicle would be a mess.

My guess is that this is a new generation interactive queue, much like Soarin' or Space Mountain. In the standby line, you will have the ability to design a car along the way at various stations.

Enter the briefing room and you'll see the cars that have been designed by those in the line, rather than the 1990's era cars in the current video. Heck, they could take your picture along the way and you could be in the car, waving. (Think SSE.)

The ride vehicles will likely be updated. They may even figure out a way to have the car's screen show your design running through the tests. The video displays along the route could also overlay your design on the ride vehicle in a replay.

By the way, this could be very simple to pull off with RFID enabled admission media.

That seems like it would work. It still sounds very complex to me. I'm just hoping they're going to change the actual tests in some way. Make it different so the changes are actually new and worthwhile, but still accurate when it comes to testing cars.

I couldn't agree more. While its fun, and when I went on it a few days ago it was all working, it's time for a new batch of tests. It seems unlikely they'll be able to gut the guide track, but I'm hoping they will to implement the new tech.

As for the use of RFID for the customization, it would be simple, especially if they get so into it theyd use the display tech used on the globe for Illuminnations on the side of the cars to project a different design. The only thing then would be the cheese factor if they use bad animation...

You may be thinking too big...

Like previous posters, I agree that designing your own ride vehicle would be a mess.

My guess is that this is a new generation interactive queue, much like Soarin' or Space Mountain. In the standby line, you will have the ability to design a car along the way at various stations.

Enter the briefing room and you'll see the cars that have been designed by those in the line, rather than the 1990's era cars in the current video. Heck, they could take your picture along the way and you could be in the car, waving. (Think SSE.)

The ride vehicles will likely be updated. They may even figure out a way to have the car's screen show your design running through the tests. The video displays along the route could also overlay your design on the ride vehicle in a replay.

By the way, this could be very simple to pull off with RFID enabled admission media.

simple to pull off in a messy way!

As others have said, how will they allow for the fact of 6 people (potentially all single riders!) in a car?

plus you also have the issue of the tour group pushing in at the last second so they get your car and you get someone elses ;)

simple to pull off in a messy way!

As others have said, how will they allow for the fact of 6 people (potentially all single riders!) in a car?

plus you also have the issue of the tour group pushing in at the last second so they get your car and you get someone elses ;)

They could cycle through the designs of those in the car. Seeing your design at one point during the ride is probably enough to impress.

As for someone jumping into "your" car, RFID could handle that without a hitch.

They could cycle through the designs of those in the car. Seeing your design at one point during the ride is probably enough to impress.

As for someone jumping into "your" car, RFID could handle that without a hitch.

to handle it without a hitch they'll have to ask you to swipe your RFID xpass/room key/ticket/whatever at every station and then again at the gates to get into the cars - I wonder how many people will get bored of all the swiping and think its too much hassle?

and even then, its assuming that everyone manages to swipe every time "without a hitch" - and I assume they wont have CM's at every point either.

what! I'm Confused I thought that Test Track is present by Chevrolet.:confused:

It is currently sponsored by General Motors, the company that produces vehicles under several (but slowly lessening) brand names.

Now it appears it will be "sponsored" by Chevrolet. It's still GM, but focusing on their biggest brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter