? re:Vero Studio rm...

kewlteacher

Mouseketeer
Going "home" in 4 days for the first time. Cannot begin to express our happiness. Staying at BWV for 5 days then heading over to Vero for 5 days. Didn't have enough points for one bedroom at Vero :-( so we are in the "Inn" in a studio (whewww). Can anyone tell me from experience what this is like? I know I will be dissappointed since we have a 1 bedroom at BW. But will it be that bad? I am really looking forward to Vero and being able to relax and enjoy the pool.

PS DH has expressed interest in seeing if there is availability in a one bedroom and paying cash. Any remarks about this?

PSS! Will be adding 50 points when at BWV! Yeah!

Thanks for the help!

Melissa, Brian & Morgan

Have never experienced VB b4, but hoping to in the near future. If I understand correctly at the INN the rooms are on the ocean. When we go to Vero, we will stay in a studio w/ a request for ocean view. Hoping that will make up for the minimal space:rolleyes: If only for the reason that we want to be on the ocean.

There are inn rooms that are in the actual inn and there are studios that are in the surrounding buildings. The inn rooms are more like hotel rooms with 2 queen size beds. The studios are more like the studios at BWV with a queen size bed and a pullout sofa. If you would like an inn room with an ocean view you must ask for it when making the reservations. The ocean view inn rooms are more in points than the garden view rooms. Some studios will have a view of the ocean depending on what floor and side of the building that your room is. We stayed in an inn room with a garden view a couple years ago. After staying in a 2-bedroom at BWV the week before we felt a bit cramped with space. Both types of rooms still have a mini kitchen with frig, microwave, and coffee maker.

kewlteacher

I thought Boardwalk was sold out. How can you add on 50 points?

Hi kewlteacher! When DH and I stayed at VB in May, we actually REQUESTED an ocean view deluxe room in the inn part of the resort. I thought it would be very nice to stay up high and directly in front of the ocean. We were not disappointed!! It was a gorgeous view and the room was still nice! Granted, it's not the luxury of a one bedroom with the jacuzzi but it's nice!! It's like a nice hotel room and not a "home." I still think you will be pleased, as VB is wonderful and relaxing. Have a blast!! ;)

There are garden view Inn rooms and ocean view Inn rooms. These are not requests but are like the standard and preferred views at BWV (they require different amounts of points). There are also studio rooms located in the surrounding villas.

The shape of the Inn makes for differently shaped rooms. I've stayed in several oceanview rooms and found them to be different but all terrific. They are certainly larger than most deluxe hotel rooms and include a balcony (also of varying shape & size). You almost feel as if you are on a ship looking out over the ocean.

We are going to Vero in October and also have an inn room. My question is do the inn rooms still have refrigerators or any kind of kitchen stuff? Or do we just have to eat out? Thankyou!!!

1977 - offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - Boardwalk
1998 - Contemporary
1999 - Port Orleans
2000 - Dixie Landings
2001 - OKW in October! Here we come!

The Inn rooms do have a kitchenette similar (or maybe the same) as a studio. Small frig, microwave and coffeemaker...toaster on request.

We love the inn rooms, we bought 200 pts at Vero in January and plan to only use the inn room (at least until I have a need for a Grand Villa). There seems to be more room in the inn rooms than the stuidos at Old Key West and we thought those were big. We were in 1211 and 1213 in June. What a great time! You won't be sorry.

My wife and I stayed in an Inn Room at Vero for 6 nights this past June. It was called a Garden View but we were at the corner of the building and also had about a 90 degree view of the ocean. The main building is 4 stories.
Ocean view rooms on the third or 4th floor should have good views of the ocean. I would recommend staying on the side opposite the pool if you prefer a quiet room.
My understanding is that an Inn Room is preferable to a studio due to the beter chance of a good view and the Inn rooms are slightly larger than a studio.

We booked an Ocean View Inn Room - when we arrived we were in a side building room with only a partial view of the ocean from only a portion of the small balcony (4th floor) - the room was also smaller than most others. When we called down to indicate that we had the wrong room, the CM's almost acted as if they were waiting for us to call to report the "error." It was no error, the end rooms are sold as "Ocean View." The room we were in should have been listed as "Extremely limited ocean view." They could not move us to an ocean view room until the next day. While it was quite cumbersome to repack, check out and check back in, it was definitely worth it. The "direct" Ocean View room was wonderful.

A word of caution - Management is fully aware of the problem of selling the "end" rooms as ocean view. Everyone, from bell services to front desk to waitstaff says it is almost a daily problem of guests arriving and feeling misled. The front desk blames it on CRO and MS for not having folks request "direct" ocean views; but nowhere does any of the literature suggest that the ocean view rooms may not actually be ocean view. Also, we were told that a permanent solution is being considered to advertise these rooms as "partial" view or just "preferred" garden or pool views.

I agree, unless you want a "lot" of activity right outside your room, request to be away from the pool.

Now, back to the positive, we loved Vero - had a great time after changing rooms the next day and the CM's were great. If you are trying to relax and take it easy, go to the beach, don't plan on spending a lot of time at the pool. We will definitely visit VB again, but know now to request "direct" if we reserve an Ocean View Inn Room. The brunch at Sonya's is A+ as well. Enjoy your stay...

We just returned from 2 nights at Vero after 7 in WDW. It was our first stay at VB. We purchased 60 pts when they had the great deal going a while back. We were in an Inn studio room 2414. The view of the ocean was fantastic. We could hear the sound of the waves during the night :) The size of the studio was a nice surprise. There were a few things we didn't like....Shutters food was just fair as was the service. The resort seemed to be more geared towards younger families with small children. We ate dinner at South Beach Cafe the second night and our meal was very good. DH took a walk on the beach late at night and saw 3 turtles laying eggs. Any questions feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter