READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the randomness we see with the BG people are getting might also be due to # of people in each party. Let me try to explain. Assuming each BG has room for a 100 people and we're up to BG 25 that has 97 persons in it. Will a group of 5 get BG 26 or 25? And if I'm solo will I get 26 after the group of 5 or will I get 25 because there's still room in it for my party size? I'm going to be there in 12 days so I'm following this thread daily... if not hourly to see how the situation evolves.

On Friday we are staying at the Dolphin. Does anyone know if it’s faster to walk or take a boat? I’ve never been there and we arrive late on Thursday night!

They got Boarding Group 66 so we are happy!

Here’s how it went down for us with my DD and her BF in the park, and my DH and I trying from home:

My DH and I starting refreshing at 6:59. At 7:00 and 30 seconds there was a lot of “Why the he** isn’t the button red?!? Is yours active!?! Should I shut down the app and reopen it?!?” Haha...funny, not funny.

And then, just before 7:01, the “join boarding group” button activated for me. I settled myself and starting selecting and unselecting people. Embarrassingly, this thought actually passed through my head, “relax, you’ve prepared for this.” I mean, seriously, how stupid is that?!? It’s not like I’m about to participate in some Olympic competition or anything...geez.

Anyway, as soon as I had my DD and her BF selected I hit “Join Boarding Group” and...

I got the message that neither was in the park and did I want to remove them from my party!! No, no, no I do not want to remove them from my party! Haha as I was trying to figure out how to proceed next, my DD texted me that she had gotten boarding group 66.

Phew.

And, now I’m wondering if that dumb screen that asked if I wanted to remove them from my party was actually telling me that they already had a boarding group not that they weren’t in the park. I have to confess, I didn’t even read the words. I just saw the “Remove them from your party?” message.

So, to recap, it was my DD in the park on AT&T that grabbed the BG first. (Sounds a bit like Clue...Mrs Peacock in the library with a lead pipe)

And, for my DH, the “join boarding group” button never even activated.

My recap on the situation is that the process is anxiety-producing and I wasn’t even in the park! But, I guess it worked out in the end :)

They got Boarding Group 66 so we are happy!

Here’s how it went down for us with my DD and her BF in the park, and my DH and I trying from home:

My DH and I starting refreshing at 6:59. At 7:00 and 30 seconds there was a lot of “Why the he** isn’t the button red?!? Is yours active!?! Should I shut down the app and reopen it?!?” Haha...funny, not funny.

And then, just before 7:01, the “join boarding group” button activated for me. I settled myself and starting selecting and unselecting people. Embarrassingly, this thought actually passed through my head, “relax, you’ve prepared for this.” I mean, seriously, how stupid is that?!? It’s not like I’m about to participate in some Olympic competition or anything...geez.

Anyway, as soon as I had my DD and her BF selected I hit “Join Boarding Group” and...

I got the message that neither was in the park and did I want to remove them from my party!! No, no, no I do not want to remove them from my party! Haha as I was trying to figure out how to proceed next, my DD texted me that she had gotten boarding group 66.

Phew.

And, now I’m wondering if that dumb screen that asked if I wanted to remove them from my party was actually telling me that they already had a boarding group not that they weren’t in the park. I have to confess, I didn’t even read the words. I just saw the “Remove them from your party?” message.

So, to recap, it was my DD in the park on AT&T that grabbed the BG first. (Sounds a bit like Clue...Mrs Peacock in the library with a lead pipe)

And, for my DH, the “join boarding group” button never even activated.

My recap on the situation is that the process is anxiety-producing and I wasn’t even in the park! But, I guess it worked out in the end :)
Whoa! But that’s great they got 66, and hopefully the ride is up and running and will have a smooth day!! 🤞🤞🤞

5:00 am - Alarm went off
5:30 am - left room
5:45 am - Lyft pick up at GF
6:00 am - Dropped off at HS
6:02 am - through bag check, in line a little over halfway between security and tapstiles, not quite to the concrete planters.
6:20ish - gates open
6:25ish - tapped in, no finger scan

- Crazy long line at Starbucks, so went to wait at entrance to TSL and got coffee at the marketplace kiosk.
- CMs announcing that SDD would not open at 7 and TSMM would have a very long wait. Yikes!
- Had app open before entering park, but the app has been wonky for me the last few days, so I did close it out and reopen sometime around 6:45 am.

6:59 am - DH on iPhone X on WiFi, me on iPhone Xr on Sprint LTE w/2 bars signal strength, started toggling back and forth between Find Out More and the back button. I manage all of us on my account, so we were both logged into my account on the MDE app.
7:00:10 am - Join Boarding Group turned red, got BG 37, party of 4. No issues with anyone in our party not showing as in the park. DH had a “trouble connecting” message and my phone on Sprint got through first. Heard one cheer in the crowd before I got through, and a number of people saying they couldn’t get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter