READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the entire Rise of the Resistance situation must just be horrible on the Cast Members. Everyone I meet in Galaxy's Edge looks and sounds absolutely miserable. Must be getting snapped at by angry guests all day. Even outside Galaxy's Edge, most of the Cast Members here just don't seem happy at all. I don't envy their jobs right now.

I wonder if the better numbers we see correlate to how much more they’re packing in the BG, particularly at the end of the day. Even earlier in the day, does it seem like we’re seeing longer waits before the preshows than people reported in December?

It’s probably running longer than it was in the first bit too, right? Since they are eventually running through the entire group of people waiting at the end, but the line is much longer than it used to be closer to when the ride opened, seems like that would mean it’s operating longer despite what the park hours are/were. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Personally, I think it’s just the crowds and not related to EMHs. Yesterday BGs went in 6 minutes. It’s just a very busy weekend. You’d assume today would be the busiest day of the holiday weekend since all length trips basically coincide with today.

IIRC, when the BG started lasting longer again it seemed as if across the board wait time, and especially DHS waits had calmed down a lot from the previous days/weeks.

Kind of nerve wracking when it’s during pretty low crowd times that the BG are lasting long enough to account for error.

IIRC, when the BG started lasting longer again it seemed as if across the board wait time, and especially DHS waits had calmed down a lot from the previous days/weeks.

Kind of nerve wracking when it’s during pretty low crowd times that the BG are lasting long enough to account for error.
I agree with the first part. I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your last sentence - can you clarify?

I agree with the first part. I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your last sentence - can you clarify?

Sorry I should have been more clear :)

For those of us who are going during moderate to crowded times, it makes me nervous that it seems like the BG only last long enough to account for error grabbing them during the slow times.

Sorry I should have been more clear :)

For those of us who are going during moderate to crowded times, it makes me nervous that it seems like the BG only last long enough to account for error grabbing them during the slow times.
Are you calling today busy, moderate, or slow?

I’d put yesterday, today and tomorrow at a touch under the Christmas crowds. (And thankfully we won’t see this again until Pres. Day now)

The big factor that’s going to mess with things at this point is moving to 8am opens. At this point it appears that even on a crazy busy day (today) reg BGs lasted 3 minutes so the days of 1 min and gone appear to be in the past. BUT the minute we move to 8am opens that might go out the door.

I’d put yesterday, today and tomorrow at a touch under the Christmas crowds. (And thankfully we won’t see this again until Pres. Day now)

The big factor that’s going to mess with things at this point is moving to 8am opens. At this point it appears that even on a crazy busy day (today) reg BGs lasted 3 minutes so the days of 1 min and gone appear to be in the past. BUT the minute we move to 8am opens that might go out the door.

Busy.

And an error puts you in the late regular groups, or on even busier days (or possibly those later starts like you mentioned) in the back ups.

It was reassuring during that (brief, lol) time period where being by here at opening seemed to almost guarantee a ride by early afternoon.

Busy.

And an error puts you in the late regular groups, or on even busier days (or possibly those later starts like you mentioned) in the back ups.

It was reassuring during that (brief, lol) time period where being by here at opening seemed to almost guarantee a ride by early afternoon.

It does seem like it doesn't take much of an increase to made the duration that BGs last much shorter ... I think during that early part of January it was some of the annual pass blockouts lifting that contributed and now, with the long weekend I suspect that many people are at WDW for shorter trips and so a higher % of people there are at DHS as they only have so many days and "most" people do want to experience the ride so more people are picking one of there fewer # of days to be at DHS (hope that made sense - it does in my head)

And what happens if the 9 a.m. openings in February stick???

And what happens if the 9 a.m. openings in February stick???

And March 😬.

I’m assuming they will change, but I can’t decide what I prefer. 2 less operating hours and a 2 hour later opening than more people find reasonable, or me having to get up and drag my group to DHS at an hour I do not find reasonable 😂.

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited for MMRR, but that’s one big question mark on my plans too!

Prepping for my March trip and already fretting about boarding groups. It will be me and my three kids. In past trips I have had my husband, SIL, and BIL, so they are on MDE app. I only have tickets purchased for myself and three kids. When I try to select a boarding group will I have to select their three names individually or can I "select all" because we are the only ones with tickets who will be scanned into the park?
TIA!

Prepping for my March trip and already fretting about boarding groups. It will be me and my three kids. In past trips I have had my husband, SIL, and BIL, so they are on MDE app. I only have tickets purchased for myself and three kids. When I try to select a boarding group will I have to select their three names individually or can I "select all" because we are the only ones with tickets who will be scanned into the park?
TIA!

You’ll have to either manually select each person in the park, or do select all then deselect everyone who isn’t with you.

You can have people removed if you want.

In reference to those talking about crowd levels today, I’ve never seen Hollywood Studios so busy. Rock n Rollercoaster was up to 190 minutes at one point. Absolute insanity! We’ve lived here for 20 years and never seen HS crowds like this before. It was a bit tortuous honestly, but RoTR made it worth it!

Man, the entire Rise of the Resistance situation must just be horrible on the Cast Members. Everyone I meet in Galaxy's Edge looks and sounds absolutely miserable. Must be getting snapped at by angry guests all day. Even outside Galaxy's Edge, most of the Cast Members here just don't seem happy at all. I don't envy their jobs right now.
@MithrilMaiden - please move over to the DL thread. This is the WDW ROTR thread.

(Again, ROTR-DL's had a bad day.)

I'd like to offer a few more details about this morning's journey to BG 40. How helpful these are, I am not sure, so keep in mind that YMMV, the writer is not an engineer, all warranties disclaimed, etc.

My Tracfone uses Android 7 and Verizon cell service. I took a bench on Sunset Blvd. when they moved the crowd rope somewhat further back from the restrooms, which was a little bit after 6:30 a.m. At about 6:52, I turned on cell data (no wifi, which I have found to work poorly at Disney parks), opened MDE and scrolled down to the "Find Out More" button. Then I opened time.gov in Chrome and observed the time progress to about 6:59:55. After a few more seconds, I clicked Find Out More and Join Boarding Group and boom, BG 40. My sense was that Disney time was maybe one second later than U.S. government 'official' time, my main goal being not to be too early and get the 'sorry, we're not open' thing (or whatever the app does).

I also wanted to avoid anything involving refreshing, closing and re-opening, or any kind of back and forth with the app. My worry was that my relatively slow phone would not handle that well. The phone reported a pretty strong 4G LTE signal where I was, and of course it helped not to have a group to manage since it was just me.

And there you have it. Good luck to all future riders.

yes today was insane! We got in HS at 645 and made our way back to TSL where they held us by LM and we didn't get on Slinky until 9am! 1 minute after 7 our boarding group was assigned we were 115 and got called at 330. The ride was so amazing though!
In reference to those talking about crowd levels today, I’ve never seen Hollywood Studios so busy. Rock n Rollercoaster was up to 190 minutes at one point. Absolute insanity! We’ve lived here for 20 years and never seen HS crowds like this before. It was a bit tortuous honestly, but RoTR made it worth it!

I was successful in riding ROR last Friday on what was a very challenging day for the CMs and those of us who got up at 4:30 to ensure our presence in HS at 7. For all my strategy & planning, I was naive to think if I had a BG I would ride. After looking at the chart I realize how very lucky I was! We were up at 4:30, walked out to the Poly parking lot at 5:30 and met a bus just driving up. Bus driver had us at HS in 15 minutes. We were in line all the way to the right by 6. The cm in charge of our line came out & asked us to be orderly and not to push and shove when the park opened. Another CM stressed that it didn’t matter where in the line you were everyone had an equal chance at the BGs.At 6:20 we started in, with no finger scans. My 2 daughters & g daughters sat on a bench in front of the Sunset Theater. I was on I Phone X WiFi. She was on Android ATT data. We both opened app at 7. I got a white screen with try again later: she got in right away B G 46. Ride had problems all day; but our group was called. We went to the ride and got in the DAS /FP line. ( 1 daughter has DAS) Line moved well for about 5 minutes and then stopped for about 1.5 hrs. We were given refreshments & got to know our neighbors in line. Most had been given FPs because they had been stuck in line that AM. We were extremely lucky that we got to ride. As one of the CMs said . They were having a very hard day. They were all professional and courteous. Some people left the line after one hour. We were very lucky, Thanks to everyone for all the info ! Without it I could not have experienced ROR.

yes today was insane! We got in HS at 645 and made our way back to TSL where they held us by LM and we didn't get on Slinky until 9am! 1 minute after 7 our boarding group was assigned we were 115 and got called at 330. The ride was so amazing though!
It’s so interesting because we got there about 30 min earlier and we were off SDD by 7:30. We also booked all early FP+ and had pretty much done the whole park by noon. The crowds were large and the lines during EMH (75min for SDD) were crazy- but the planning and advice from these board helped A LOT! I felt I knew what to expect and had a great day. (We got a nap too- which I think really helped my 10 and 14yr old boys- lol!)
Now I get to try EMH/RD for animal kingdom and the FOP crazy tomorrow! Hoping for as good of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter