READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
145 might be it for the day! So excited that they got back on track today! New chart coming up at 8pm :D

While you wait for that, here's an interesting look at every 7 day period since 12/18 and BGs per hr for those days. This would be a way to take a little of the "feeling" out of how the ride is performing. What we can see here is that until yesterday's disaster, the ride had actually been trending in an upward direction. The next 5 days will certainly show lower since they include yesterday (hopefully as a bit of an outlier day). But at any rate, just thought this was a neat way to look at it.

For reference: the Avg BGs / hour across the last 32 days is 9.8!

View attachment 466066
If you ignore the disaster day the 7 day rolling average right now would be 10.9.

I know people are feeling like it’s not running any better than it was, but it is.

One more data point:
Dec 15th:
Jan 10th:

Agree with all of this .... Though if this is the first day of cutting back I am a little surprised they started with a holiday day vs tomorrow but maybe just how schedules are set this was day one of a new period or something
Also, while the ride has been up for several weeks now, there is STILL going to be operational trial and error. At what point if crowd level and ride reliability can they work on scaling things closer to "normal" with certain types of crowd numbers? Some tines, they may have to just test something out to see.

Does anyone have any idea when BGs won’t be a thing anymore? I want to go to WDW in August and I’m hoping it’s not the same BG system then. We went to Disneyland on Friday and Saturday and we thought it was a good system with a not good way of distributing them. I believe the BG system at DL is identical to the one at WDW.

Hollywood Studios has been an opening at 7 am or earlier for several weeks. The first time it's scheduled to changed to the normal schedule is Sunday, February 2nd (Super Bowl Sunday). The park is set to open at 9 am.

How Disney World handles February is one key moment to watch for IMO. I expect the hours to be changed to at least one hour earlier opening and continuing with BG until they are prepared for standby queues. BG should be here to stay through the Spring I would imagine at the very least.

As of 12:50 they entered backups today. Not really a huge feat considering the low number 🤣
If they keep this up (read as neutral, not as good or bad), we may need to shift from referring to them as BG and backup BG,but just merely by BG#. Even though starting at different numbers,may need to start using new benchmark times, like BG50 or BG75, or BG100

So yesterday my daughter went as a single rider, she has been a few times before so she knew how to get a boarding group. She said it was more crowded than all the other days she had gone before including when we had 17 people in our group for New Year’s Day (that was stressful)
She arrived at 6 am, they let everyone in at 620 am and at 7 am she got BG 83. So going of one or going for 17 does not matter (New Years day we got BG 51)

Hollywood Studios has been an opening at 7 am or earlier for several weeks. The first time it's scheduled to changed to the normal schedule is Sunday, February 2nd (Super Bowl Sunday). The park is set to open at 9 am.

How Disney World handles February is one key moment to watch for IMO. I expect the hours to be changed to at least one hour earlier opening and continuing with BG until they are prepared for standby queues. BG should be here to stay through the Spring I would imagine at the very least.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually shift to a BG-standby hybrid. Continue BGs, issue fewer of them, and start integrating standby also. If people want to wait, they can, if you RD and get a BG, when/if called, go thru FP line. Then, eventually, BGs go away when FP+ is ready to be introduced, whenever that time is and assuming the FP+ system remains the same (of course, I do fully expect FP+ to change before then anyway).

I’ll be there on Sunday and was a little bummed when the hours changed to 7 am from EMH of 8 am. We won’t take advantage of the 8-10 pm hours with a young child. Oh well!
I’m so stressed with hoping for a BG. And hoping our plans aren’t impacted for other rides and experiences.
I so appreciate everyone’s posts to help the rest of us!

I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to threads 1 and 2, especially The Chart.
We were able to leisurely arrive at 6:30, sit on the rock wall near the turnstiles, and join BG 37 seconds after 7am.
BG called about 9:15 and walked almost nonstop until the actual ride. Off ride at about 9:45.

Thanks again folks, we probably wouldn't have been this successful without you.

Nobody can be certain whether HS hours will be changed for Feb. But personally...
if we were going that month I'd expect 9am openings to be pulled back, at the minimum. Extra HS hours are the best way to accommodate the increasing number of guests who book specifically with hopes of RoR. Many families I know have only now decided to visit since all the positive feedback.

WDW's likely being conservative to confirm expanded hours in advance because they still feel the sting from over-extending hours with SWGE's 3 park 3 month EEMHs. Too soon to make any mistake like that again :blush:

Nobody can be certain whether HS hours will be changed for Feb. But personally...
if we were going that month I'd expect 9am openings to be pulled back, at the minimum. Extra HS hours are the best way to accommodate the increasing number of guests who book specifically with hopes of RoR. Many families I know have only now decided to visit since all the positive feedback.

WDW's likely being conservative to confirm expanded hours in advance because they still feel the sting from over-extending hours with SWGE's 3 park 3 month EEMHs. Too soon to make any mistake like that again :blush:

EEMH was the best mistake they ever made. I was annoyed with them at first, but I still say to DH months later how lucky I feel that our trip happened to be planned during the short period they were happening. They were that good.

EEMH was the best mistake they ever made. I was annoyed with them at first, but I still say to DH months later how lucky I feel that our trip happened to be planned during the short period they were happening. They were that good.
A golden time for sure to be a WDW guest. Don't think we'll see anything like that for another decade, if ever.

Hoping they change the hours for Feb. We arrive on the 4th for 10 nights. We have 3 days scheduled for Studios, probably be there half hour before rope drop for BGs. Hopefully we should get to ride it at least once, lol. I like the BG idea, just not the randomness of it. I think if you get there at 4am you should get BG 1 and if you get there at rope drop, you get whatever number is next in line. I think they should also limit it to 1 ride per person per day until the demand drops down.

Hoping they change the hours for Feb. We arrive on the 4th for 10 nights. We have 3 days scheduled for Studios, probably be there half hour before rope drop for BGs. Hopefully we should get to ride it at least once, lol. I like the BG idea, just not the randomness of it. I think if you get there at 4am you should get BG 1 and if you get there at rope drop, you get whatever number is next in line. I think they should also limit it to 1 ride per person per day until the demand drops down.
I don't think you'll have a problem with 3 days scheduled. And you might want to ride 3 times anyway :)

HS did limit it to 1 ride per person per day on day 3 or 4 after RoR opened.

Does anyone have any idea when BGs won’t be a thing anymore?
To be clear, there are truly only 2 possible answers to this question.

1. No-one knows when it is going to happen. Lots of conjecture but it's all guesswork.

2. They will disappear when they are no longer needed

Last edited:

Yep we get there on Feb 5th for a week. My plan of attack is to try for Feb 9th (currently opening at 9 am, closing at 10 pm). If that doesn't work, I'll try the M or T after (again opening at 9 am).

I think it's likely they move back the opening time to 8 am. We should know more on Friday.

The parks felt extremely busy this weekend, especially HS. I’ve already reported that on Saturday the 18th we got BG 28 write at 7 with five phones all with Verizon on LTE. We stayed right at the entrance to get right back out and head straight to the bus for AK. Yesterday the 19th, we left the room at the dolphin at 6:16 and a boat was waiting for us at the dock. We jumped on it and got to the entrance of HS by 6:25. Security felt a little busier than the day before and took us about fifteen minutes to get through it and tap in. We headed to the TOT line being held. Got there around 6:44 and got our phones ready. My mom decided to sleep in she loved the ride but wanted a little extra sleep more. So there were four of us and four phones ready to book this time. I helped a few people that were extremely confused with what buttons to push on the app around me once I got my group ready. All our join buttons went red right at 7 but it took a few seconds longer for my phone to move to the next screen. My 12 year old dd was the one that got BG 58. We were all so happy to be able to ride two days in a row, and all the people around me got a BG too! They were a little later than ours, ranging from 68-101. Everybody seemed thrilled to be able to have gotten one that it is a fun moment as long as it goes well for those you’ve helped and made friends with in line! We got right on and off TOT in a matter of fifteen minutes. The rest of the day we did have to fight some serious crowds but we already had FP for SD, ST, and grabbed more FPS for TSMM and the roller coaster. We waited till EMH to ride Smuggler’s Run. Didn’t realize till later that night how quickly the BGs went that day. Heading back to South Carolina now with an extremely happy fourteen and twelve year old. Wishing everyone trying to get one good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter