READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in OKW too and our day is tomorrow, did you manage to get a car pretty quickly or were you waiting a while ? Also can they collect from our door. We ordered one on Mon and were waiting outside and a cm told us we had to go to hospitality house to meet it. We ended up waiting ages as driver couldn't find us. A little anxious about tomorrow. Cannot wait to experience it 😁
You can have them come to your building.
I booked the ride as I was walking from building 22 to the Miller's Road bus stop. The Lyft app said 16 minute wait so I walked to Hospitality House & then texted the driver.

Dress warmly tomorrow it will be even colder than today.

The shorts and T-shirts people probably live near me in Canada lol. It's been in the -30s F this week. Fun fact: Celsius and Fahrenheit cross at -40. I know this because I've lived it. We will be there on Jan 28th and I guarantee you my kids will refuse to wear pants or jackets. My goal is to convince them to tie a sweatshirt around their waist 'just in case' they get cold.
We hit -40 C this past week here in Canada. It was -47 with the windchill.

I bundled up and ran to work that day. Just over a mile. My truck would have started but it would have sounded like a bunch of cats underneath the hood.

We have 2 mornings next week planned for DS to get a ROTR boarding group. I will wear shorts for sure as it will be balmy weather compared to what we just experienced.

We'll be at HS on the 29th. I know some others on this board have said they'll be there 26th and 28th. It's looking like as we get closer and closer, the hours for HS won't change for the last week. On one hand, I wish they would so that it's maybe easier to get a BG for ROTR (with less people willing to go to the park early). On the other hand, a 8am opening means an hour more of sleep! I'm just nervous about the stats for an 8am opening since that hasn't happened yet. And even crazier, they're set to only have 8am opening for one week until they move to 9am. I think that's madness!

You can have them come to your building.
I booked the ride as I was walking from building 22 to the Miller's Road bus stop. The Lyft app said 16 minute wait so I walked to Hospitality House & then texted the driver.

Dress warmly tomorrow it will be even colder than today.
Great thanks for that 😁

We hit -40 C this past week here in Canada. It was -47 with the windchill.

I bundled up and ran to work that day. Just over a mile. My truck would have started but it would have sounded like a bunch of cats underneath the hood.

We have 2 mornings next week planned for DS to get a ROTR boarding group. I will wear shorts for sure as it will be balmy weather compared to what we just experienced.

It’s cold right now, but expected to warm up by Thursday, and it should be quite warm/pleasant when you get here next week!

It was pretty hot last week, with it being in the upper 80s during the day and low 70s at night. I’m usually cold, and wore shorts even at DAH last Monday (it was about 72 degrees at midnight).

So, is the ride down because it was hammered with riders yesterday? Low initial bg’s given out as they suspected this might happen?

So, is the ride down because it was hammered with riders yesterday? Low initial bg’s given out as they suspected this might happen?
Unless a CM who's working the ride answers this question--next to impossible--you're not going to know the answer. There are zillions of reasons why the ride could be down. But it'll be back up. Soon, I hope!

Alight guys. I'm planning to join the madness and be at HS this coming Friday. I'm the type of person who likes to be prepared as possible for things like this. So here is just a run down of my plan. Please feel free to comment if I should do anything differently.

1) Be at HS around 6:00.
2) We are not carrying bags.
3) Both my wife and I will have our phones out and will be ready to get a BG. One of us might be on WIFI while the other won't be.
4) At around 6:55, we will try to get away from people as much as possible.
5) I am going to try to open the app seconds before 7:00 while my wife is going to wait until right at 7:00.
6) I am going to hit the JOIN BOARDING GROUP button while my wife is going to hit the MY STATUS BUTTON.

There it is. Again, please feel free to make comments and suggestions. Thanks everyone!

I got in BG 88 this morning at 7:00 am. I thought I was locked and loaded and fast-fingered in the app. It really stinks to hear everyone around you gleefully cheering when they get their BG and you are waiting for yours.

I went back to the hotel for breakfast. Realizing my chances aren't great for RotR today, I decided to check AK and snagged a 12:15 FOP. Guess that sort of makes up for it. I have two more early, cold mornings to try.

it was a very low number of regular BGs yesterday as well and yesterday turned out to be one of (if not the) best performing days, so I don't think yesterday is why today's regular BGs were low, I think that just be what they are moving towards

As to why the ride isn't running yet, only the Ancients know (and by Anchients I mean the CMs that operate/maintain/etc the ride)

Unless a CM who's working the ride answers this question--next to impossible--you're not going to know the answer. There are zillions of reasons why the ride could be down. But it'll be back up. Soon, I hope!
I’m probably seeing a pattern that isn’t there but when the ride has a particularly busy day, there are problems the next day?

I’m probably seeing a pattern that isn’t there but when the ride has a particularly busy day, there are problems the next day?
The ride could be down for tons of reasons, but I suspect that when we have these delayed openings, it because they are doing planned maintenance to the ride in an attempt to get the ride capacity up. For example, they could be trying to cycle more vehicles through the attraction at 1 time.

Sat/Sun/Mon got progressively better. Sunday was #2 all time and then Monday beat it. That pattern isn’t there. The ride is unpredictable. Over a 7-10 day stretch it will have a bad day or 2.

And there are no guarantees that today will even be a bad day yet. It’s just a bad start at this point.

The ride could be down for tons of reasons, but I suspect that when we have these delayed openings, it because they are doing planned maintenance to the ride in an attempt to get the ride capacity up. For example, they could be trying to cycle more vehicles through the attraction at 1 time.
I‘m not sure they’d be conducting planned maintenance in proximity to their busiest weekend across a 6ish week stretch.

One week from today and we get to try on the second 8am opening. I was starting to feel good about it, then the past couple days are not promising. Watching this post has been an emotional rollercoster! At least the weather is looking better. I was happy at the 10 day forecast for rain though hoping it would discourage people. I never thought I'd be hoping for earlier and rainier on my DHS day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter