READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were obviously changing the code because this doesn't just happen out of the blue.

The question is why?

Is it because they were preparing to change the BG process (but didn't put the original code back in before it went live this AM)?

I agree. This does not seem like “oops I hit the wrong button.” Even if it was the tapstiles not communicating to the app who was in the park, that does not explain why people without park tickets were able to get a BG.

I wonder if this is a crowd control strategy for when MMRR opens - keep those who only want boarding groups out of the park to clear rope drop for those who want SDD, MMRR, etc.

It makes sense from a safety standpoint but is going to make BGs way harder to get. I guess though the advantage is not wasting a ton of time/energy to get to DHS just to get a BG.

If you are in the park--keep checking the app! Perhaps get in line for GET too. I think they have put a temporary hold on everything because of the glitch. All of us at home have dropped our BGs now.

I read a tweet from someone in the park that didn't get a group and they said the CM called them a liar, that it was impossible for people not in the park to get a BG. And told them there is nothing they can do. Basically they are out of their depth here on how to deal with this.

Ok. GR rep spoke to me and then went and talked to people in the back. Then she came back and said “that’s not what happened and there’s no way that people not in the park got a BG. It’s not possible.” Then she told me that they are not adjusting anyone’s bg today. Given her first statement is obviously untrue, I’m not sure whether or not to believe that. If true I guess bgs will fly today. Time will tell.

I’m leaving the park to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.

Ok. GR rep spoke to me and then went and talked to people in the back. Then she came back and said “that’s not what happened and there’s no way that people not in the park got a BG. It’s not possible.” Then she told me that they are not adjusting anyone’s bg today. Given her first statement is obviously untrue, I’m not sure whether or not to believe that. If true I guess bgs will fly today. Time will tell.

this is where it becomes a PR nightmare. So basically tell the guests they are liars

In operational news, starting at 10 means 41 Regular BGs today, reversing the recent 61 Regular BG trend.

and how many of those "only" 41 went to people not there? so should be good news for people in the park that only got higher back ups ..... unless something else is going on with the ride and they expect poor performance

I read a tweet from someone in the park that didn't get a group and they said the CM called them a liar, that it was impossible for people not in the park to get a BG. And told them there is nothing they can do. Basically they are out of their depth here on how to deal with this.

Yep. This just happened to me too. I told her I just wanted to find out if I should try tomorrow or not waste my time. She told me everything today was the same as it’s been forever and I was wrong.

I get they prob can't do much as I'm sure there's no contingency in place for this. And the probably have no idea how many spots were filled by people that shouldn't have been getting one. But from the sounds of it, they aren't going about it the best way
But shouldn't all of those spots now be seen as empty on their end since we all cancelled?!?!

I agree. This does not seem like “oops I hit the wrong button.” Even if it was the tapstiles not communicating to the app who was in the park, that does not explain why people without park tickets were able to get a BG.

I wonder if this is a crowd control strategy for when MMRR opens - keep those who only want boarding groups out of the park to clear rope drop for those who want SDD, MMRR, etc.

It makes sense from a safety standpoint but is going to make BGs way harder to get. I guess though the advantage is not wasting a ton of time/energy to get to DHS just to get a BG.

The pictures I have seen of how many people that are in the park is getting pretty crazy. Throw on top of that people trying to get a BG for MMRR?

ugh, obviously there is screen grabs that show it did happen - and being reported multiple places now .... but at the same time if their internal intel is saying something different I can see them wanting to push back

But, yeah, calling guests liars is not great "guest recovery"

I feel really bad for people experiencing this. I know it is an amazing attraction and pushing things technology but the fact that one never knows when there could be some new wrinkle makes the whole things very frustrating (and stressful)

This speaks to a HIDEOUS fail in internal communications. They haven’t been told what happened.

So as usual, Disney is informing their CMs less than random people on the internet. Nice.

Poor CMs and poor guests. They need to at least alert the guest facing CMs in DHS that this did in fact happen, asap. Even if they can’t do anything, I feel like being able to be sympathetic to the guest would probably go further than nothing.

I would have pulled up Disboards on my phone and showed them all of the posts with BGs. :mad:

Everyone in the park today should keep a very close eye on their MDE. I would not be surprised if everyone there ends up with a complementary ticket back into their account. I think Disney may be forced to call this day a wash.
I would like to think this, but then what if everyone shows up tomorrow and it keeps the people who had tomorrow scheduled from getting a boarding group? It’s a complete disaster.

My main hope is that someone is looking at the number of people actually in boarding groups after we all dropped, and they will figure out how to fix it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter