READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to try opening the app right at 8:00 tomorrow and see what happens.
That’s funny, because that is always what I did including my one real day and it always worked but I did have to go to my status to get a clickable button. Following this thread some people are so adamant about waiting 3 seconds I decided to try that in practice, and I’ve had a few glitches. Once one child didn’t show up and then today the never clickable loop. I think I’ll go back to clicking find out more as soon as I see my iPhone clock turn over to 8:00.

Surprised how long Backups are lasting (still available as I post) given MMRR opening day, but I'm glad I was wrong!
Huh, I got none after 45 seconds! But I never rechecked again, it must have been a temporary greyed out button like some people have reported seeing. It showed they were gone. I’m going to go try again now.

Same with me, I’ve never had to force close the app before and I did this am. Before I’d always been able to join either from the initial JBG page or after clicking my status: not today though.
Me too, I've had a few glitches here and there while practicing in the past but today was very different. Waited the 2-3 seconds after 8 like I usually do but nothing worked at all. After 3 failed attempts, I forced closed and was then still able to go through the regular process to the "not so fast" screen at least twice before it went to back up boarding groups for me.

Huh, I got none after 45 seconds! But I never rechecked again, it must have been a temporary greyed out button like some people have reported seeing. It showed they were gone. I’m going to go try again now.
Sure enough, I just went back in and backup groups are still available. This was certainly a weird practice day for me:

Here is my question. Even with a bad practice today (everything stayed grey. Had to force close the app and reopen). I’m still able to get a BG like 5 times before backups start. How are people in the park not getting a group
do you mmean not getting a regular bg or not getting a bg at all? If you are there at opening there's 99% chance that you will join a bg, if you have issues with the app that lasts more than 45 seconds then you are probably getting a backup, but almost everyone gets a bg at opening

Looks like a bunch of us has the same issue this morning and had to force close and reopen. And there is NOTHING I’m waiting 5 hours for. Lol
Completely agree, unless it was an adults only trip and it was just to say we did something there’s no way we would wait 5 hrs for anything. Even then we probably wouldn’t do it- maybe 2 hrs.

do you mmean not getting a regular bg or not getting a bg at all? If you are there at opening there's 99% chance that you will join a bg, if you have issues with the app that lasts more than 45 seconds then you are probably getting a backup, but almost everyone gets a bg at opening
I actually did mean any BG at all. I see all these stories of guys on Twitter saying they can’t get a group. Disney sucks. Their kids are in tears etc and I’m thinking how did you not get a BG. Unless they are just complaining it’s a high number

I actually did mean any BG at all. I see all these stories of guys on Twitter saying they can’t get a group. Disney sucks. Their kids are in tears etc and I’m thinking how did you not get a BG. Unless they are just complaining it’s a high number
I don't really follow anyone in particular here at WDW but unless you have a catastrophic experience with your phone and with no help from a GET CM, or if you were here the week of presidents day when all bg were gone in a minute, then you should have secured a bg

To me, it's a couple of things. The Regular vs. Backup Group causes confusion for some and those that get a Backup may walk off angry/mad/whatever. I get why Disney has it set up this way (self-serving to them), but I think it also causes a feeling of "I missed out" among casual guests who may not understand they have a good shot at riding later that day even with a Backup BG (barring major ride downtime). If you are there in the park on time, did everything right, and still get a "high" number - there is an inevitable "what the heck" feeling that is hard to shake even if logic tells you I will probably ride later that day.

Also in fairness, over the last 29 days, all BGs were filled in 1 minute 4 days, 2 minutes 3 days, 3 minutes 3 days. If you were there any of those days (especially the 1-2 minute days) it is certainly possible a tech snafu, connection speed, or similar problem may have prevented someone from getting a BG.

Like with anything Disney, the minority experiences of a few days where all BGs truly went in seconds/minutes gets talked about more than the majority of days where they tend to last much longer.

There are reports in this thread of people not getting a boarding group at at. There were days when regular boarding groups and back ups were gone extremely quickly. If they had issues with the App or their phone they were out of luck. Most days the back up groups are available for long enough for a person in that situation to still get one, but not always.

Here’s a pic of that same kid standing in line for MMRR. Wonder if people are gonna get out of the line when their BG gets called 🤔

Attachments

• 44325188-AAB1-4F22-A94D-BBFCD6B8ECE2.png
    44325188-AAB1-4F22-A94D-BBFCD6B8ECE2.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 176
reminder to please keep this thread ON TOPIC, talk about anything else can be done in all the several threads open

I will be at DHS 4/18 and 4/19. I started practicing 4 days ago. 3 out of 4 days I ran into glitches, which has me discouraged. The first day I was getting "something went wrong." Day 2 was smooth. Yesterday my husband and son weren't showing up in my family and friends list. Today, despite refreshing and going into my status, etc. my button wouldn't turn red. I had to hard close and at that point only backup groups were available-- this was before 8:01. I really hope that in my 2 days there we can get on ROTR. This process is frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter