READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're planning our trip for May, and we've been going back and forth on whether or not we should start an extra one of our days (5 total) at DHS just in case we don't get a BG. Our officially planned DHS day is the last day of our trip. We were considering starting at DHS on our Epcot day, which would definitely give us an extra chance at a BG. My only fear is that if we do get a BG on our Epcot day, we'll have to be "on call" at Epcot all day. I also don't want that repeated travel time to take away from us being able to enjoy Epcot. Is it too risky to just stick to ONE DHS day?
Can you switch your Epcot and HS days so you only have to do the on call Epcot day if your HS day doesn't work out?

It’s 5:54 and looking like 105 mayyy be it. MDE is showing it as a solo # and not a range like 100-105. DHS doesn’t close until 8:30 tonight.

Can you switch your Epcot and HS days so you only have to do the on call Epcot day if your HS day doesn't work out?
It would require a lot of shuffling. We have an ADR package for Fantasmic and a Savi's reservation on our designated DHS day.

I had the F+F missing issue this morning while practicing. Everyone on my next trip, including myself was not listed. The only person available was my mother who is scheduled to come on the following trip. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but all the missing F+F are annual passholders. My mother has a 4 day magic ticket. Donna

you may win for most productive morning since this started.
Haha thanks! But seriously, you guys have been awesome. HOWEVER, I forgot to mention folks how I did it. So I was in the My Status page and kept refreshing multiple times and when it changed to 8 on my phone, I refreshed and nothing. Then I clicked back and the "Join Boarding Group" was red.

Today's results:

-112 BGs were called, 61 Regular & 51 Backup - a small step back from the last few days in terms of # of BGs called
- As you can see from Thrill-data info, there were a few periods of long'ish (around an hour+) pauses during the day: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/hollywood-studios/starwarsriseoftheresistance/
- Day 4 of well above average time from park opening to fill all BGs - 1 hour and 21 minutes today

Visuals:
# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

Somewhat unusual practice session this morning. "Join Boarding Group" was red right away. When I got to the "select party" page, everyone was listed there EXCEPT ME! :scared1:

I refreshed and still wasn't listed. I quickly closed and re-opened the app and then all was fixed. If this occurs when it counts, I'll go ahead and book the group without myself and visit GET. But I thought it was odd since it's my MDE account and I'm usually listed at the top automatically and then it just wants to know who ELSE is riding.

OK I made it work and switched our Epcot and DHS days! That way if we get the bg the first time, there's no park hopping to worry about... But if we don't, then our part day can be a split between DHS and Epcot for a second chance. Thanks for the advice!

OK I made it work and switched our Epcot and DHS days! That way if we get the bg the first time, there's no park hopping to worry about... But if we don't, then our part day can be a split between DHS and Epcot for a second chance. Thanks for the advice!
If it's not an Epcot EMH day, and they continue to move DHS opening to 8, and you're lucky enough to get a low BG and the attraction opens on time -- you might be on and off ROTR before Epcot even opens!

And Skyliner will get you between DHS & Epcot in about 20 minutes with no additional time waiting for a bus or boat.

After you ride ROTR once, you might want to come back and try for a 2nd ride, anyway.

You got 135 yesterday at 8:45am, I got 123 yesterday at 8:15 .
I noticed a lot of families not bothering to try at entry, so maybe the surge slows down after the first 5 minutes.
The new “Vacation Fun” is great to watch and loved
Mickey& Minnie Runaway Railway.
I am whistling and singing “Nothing Can Stop Me Now”
Plus I have Happy Feet... they have the power to control my mind and feet by just playing happy melodies all day long. It’s true !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter