READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have some lottery numbers that you want to share for tonight? :chat:

How crowed was the Black Spire Outpost (BSO) area today? Since it is now the first Saturday in October.

Dave

Hi all, I have been reading along and also read the sticky, but just making sure I understand. DH and I have been practicing our BGs from home and having a good success rate (not checking off the members of our party, by hitting Join, Join. I understand that DH and I can both try for BG in the park but it will only accept one BG per person. Will we know or be able to tell if one of us got through and the other didn't? Just didn't want to somehow disqualify ourselves or back out, or make a dumb mistake. :)

Also, our children do not have their own MDE login but they are part of the party. They usually log in using my login on their phones. Can they also attempt while simultaneously logged in as me to increase our odds, or are we better off not?

Hi all, I have been reading along and also read the sticky, but just making sure I understand. DH and I have been practicing our BGs from home and having a good success rate (not checking off the members of our party, by hitting Join, Join. I understand that DH and I can both try for BG in the park but it will only accept one BG per person. Will we know or be able to tell if one of us got through and the other didn't? Just didn't want to somehow disqualify ourselves or back out, or make a dumb mistake. :)

Also, our children do not have their own MDE login but they are part of the party. They usually log in using my login on their phones. Can they also attempt while simultaneously logged in as me to increase our odds, or are we better off not?
My wife and I both tried at the same time Friday while waiting for MMRR to open. She was freaking out because she hit join/join, and it said "something went wrong." What went "wrong" was, I already got the BG. Both of you should try. Good luck!

We were in the park on Tuesday, September 29th. We took Uber to Yacht Club for a 7:30 am ADR at Ale and Compass, checked in right at 7:30, seated around 7:40 and were done with breakfast by 8:30. (AMAZING breakfast, BTW. The blueberry bacon pancakes and omelet were fantastic and the caramel apple french toast was really, really good.) After a quick bathroom break, we headed out to HS at 8:40. We walked past the skyliner station right at 9 am and there were probably 30 groups in front of us in line for temp check on the right-hand side. They opened the gates around 9:10 and started temp check at 9:15. We were able to walk back to MMRR and the sign showed a 25 minute wait at 9:20. We rode and were off by 9:50.

A CM recommended to us that you should not click the join button and then refresh the next screen while waiting but wait until your phone shows 10 am and *then* click the join button. DH, DD, and I were all trying for a group and I was able to get us BG 44. We all had our own individual MDE accounts.

On a side note, we had reservations for both Savi's and Oga's to work around. Sure enough, our boarding group was called about 30 minutes before our Savi's reservation. We were told to make Savi's and Oga's priorities because ROTR can fit us in. We were able to board without issue after Savi's. The problem was that our wait was so long that we were 20 minutes away from our Oga's reservation when the ride went down. Fortunately, I was able to reschedule our 4:20 pm reservation to 6:45 because it was raining and people were leaving. It took us an hour and 20 minutes from when we joined the queue to the start of the ride.

If you are wanting to do Savi's and Oga's and have the ability to do two days in HS I would recommend it. I found it really kind of stressful and it was sheer luck I was able to move to a later Oga's reservation. We managed to do everything we wanted to, including riding MFSR twice, but we weren't able to get to ToT because waits never went below 90 minutes. We rode SDD in the rain and did a LOT of crisscrossing in the park to take advantage of the shorter lines.

Wow, failed my 10a practice run for the first time in 2 weeks. That’ll put a big dent in my confidence. Friend and family list just spun for a few seconds longer than normal.

Wow, failed my 10a practice run for the first time in 2 weeks. That’ll put a big dent in my confidence. Friend and family list just spun for a few seconds longer than normal.

This emphasizes the importance of having more than one person trying when at the park, because that's what I'm afraid of - something hanging on my phone. I've been successful every day for the last 2 weeks (except for the first time I ever tried, because I took the time to check everyone's names) but I'm sure once I'm in the park, something will go haywire!

This emphasizes the importance of having more than one person trying when at the park, because that's what I'm afraid of - something hanging on my phone. I've been successful every day for the last 2 weeks (except for the first time I ever tried, because I took the time to check everyone's names) but I'm sure once I'm in the park, something will go haywire!

Same here. Successful everyday at 10 and 2 except my first day and this morning. The worst part is I knew it as it was happening and you’re helpless. It has nothing to do with how many friends you have on your list because the past 24 tries this didn’t happen. Just some bad luck. We have 2 adults in my party and I’ll probably give our 11-year-old the iPad to try as well haha.

DW and I were at DHS on Friday 10/02. We drove and arrived at the toll booth at 8:53am. All lanes were already about 20 cars deep. We got into the park at about 9:21am and went straight to join the line for MMRR.

At 10:00am we were ready to try for our BGs. Based on advice I had read here. I had installed an app "seconds clock on status bar". It was free, and allows you to adjust the seconds clock. I went to the atomic clock website and realized my phone clock was a couple of second slows. So I adjusted that in the app.

Just before 10:00am I was in the MDE app and on the page after clicking "Check Status". At exactly 10:00:00, after counting down the seconds, clicked the "Join Virtual Queue" button and then clicked all the join buttons without hesitation until getting BG 10.

If we had gotten any earlier of a BG we would have had to get out of the line for MMRR. Our BG was called at 10:20am, so we had until 11:20am to get to the ride. I had thought we had less of a wait for MMRR, but the line started moving at 10:00am and we didn't get off the ride until 11:03am. We made it to ROTR at 11:13am, with a quick restroom stop on the way. I forgot to check the time to get on the ride, but we entered the last ride vehicle at 11:40am.

Thanks for all who had posted about their own experiences that helped me get our BG.

Last edited:
DW and I were at DHS on Friday 10/02. We drove and arrived at the toll booth at 8:53am. All lanes were already about 20 cars deep. We got into the park at about 9:21am and went straight to join the line for MMRR.

At 10:00am we were ready to try for our BGs. Based on advice I had read here. I had installed an app "seconds clock on status bar". It was free, and allows you to adjust the seconds clock. I went to the atomic clock website and realized my phone clock was a couple of second slows. So I adjusted that in the app.

Just before 10:00am I was in the MDE app and on the page after clicking "Check Status". At exactly 10:00:00, after counting down the seconds, clicked the "Join Virtual Queue" button and then clicked all the join buttons without hesitation until getting BG 10.

If we had gotten any earlier of a BG we would have had to get out of the line for MMRR. Our BG was called at 10:20am, so we had until 11:20am to get to the ride. I had thought we had less of a wait for MMRR, but the line started moving at 10:00am and we didn't get off the ride until 11:03am. We made it to ROTR at 11:13am, with a quick restroom stop on the way. I forgot to check the time to get on the ride, but we entered the last ride vehicle at 11:40am.

Thanks for all who had posted about their own experiences that helped me get our BG.

I am so glad you mentioned the seconds clock app! I did not know something like that existed but not having that information to see while waiting has been one of the more challenging things while practicing at home with only one device. I was even considering bringing a second device just to be able to see the seconds!

To answer a few questions:
*several people trying for a party should ALL be signed into the one person’s MDE with all members of the party linked to that MDE account (do not each sign into your own MDE and try for a BG)
*one person only can get the BG for all in the party. The others trying will get “something went wrong” or “you can’t join a BG because you are already in a BG” or something like that once one person gets the BG for your party.
*if at all possable, train a family member or friend to also try from home for you when you are in the parks. We did this last week for my friends (ex-brother in law and family) who were in the parks and we got them group 8 and group1 on two different days. We could tell we got the groups from our phones at home on wifi because every one at the parks got the errors above (we were signed into their MDE account on our phones)
*If you have old phones that no longer have cell service, you can bring them and run them on the wifi in the parks just to see if it helps your chances (IF you are able to hit join, join, join on 2 phones simultaneously while sweating bullets and counting seconds in your head; we gave this job to our teenagers when we were in DLR for opening weekend of ROTR in January, and they each got us a low BG on two different days!)

Hi, thanks for that.

It has not been resolved; chat in the app isn't working and chat on the website isn't available. I have emailed them to see if that does anything.

The weird thing is that the only reason all those "other" people (they're my kids lol) are even on there is because a few years ago I tentatively planned a WDW trip that never happened.

They've never had a magic band, or been on a hotel reservation, or anything.

It seems like it should be so easy from an IT perspective to REMOVE something! Apparently it isn't easy at all!
Just quoting myself to say that I finally got chat to work in the app and they were able to remove all the extra people. I believe it was “easy” for them to do since the other people didn’t have (and had never had) magic bands and such but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter