READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the button just lights up at 7am? We’re here this week as well and got groups 75/83, which have both boarded between noon and 1pm. Not complaining but I feel I’m loosing a few seconds by constantly refreshing(pulling down screen) at 6:50 and on. We are doing a Rise only day tomorrow and swimming the rest of the day, I’d love to get a low boarding group for our last day! But I must admit just waiting makes me so nervous!
I start on the first page of MDE app with the picture of the AT ATs on my screen. I don’t refresh at all. As soon as my phone flips to 7AM I click JOIN JOIN JOIN. I don’t wIt for any buttons to change colour.

Practicing at home, successful about 98% of the time.

So the button just lights up at 7am? We’re here this week as well and got groups 75/83, which have both boarded between noon and 1pm. Not complaining but I feel I’m loosing a few seconds by constantly refreshing(pulling down screen) at 6:50 and on. We are doing a Rise only day tomorrow and swimming the rest of the day, I’d love to get a low boarding group for our last day! But I must admit just waiting makes me so nervous!

Don’t refresh, it’s slow as molasses compared to join join join from the AT AT and imo the #1 cause of non-app glitch related failure. The Join button on the app’s Home page (what everyone calls “the AT AT”) always looks the same. The difference is on the next screen. Before 7 the next screen will say boarding groups aren’t being assigned yet. When it’s go time you’ll see another button on that second page to go from there.

Refreshing is russian roulette imo. Just join join join as soon as your device hits 7. Even practicing at home I never once failed that way. It honest to god is really that simple, folk overthink this too much.

Just got BG 43 for our family of 4. Woohoo! Any idea what time we can expect to ride? We're hoping to head back to the Swan around noon or so for a swim before the likely afternoon storms. TIA!

I had 33 yesterday and it was called just before 10:30. If you check your VQ status screen it will give you the approximate return time and from experience this trip that has been spot on for me so far.

I had 33 yesterday and it was called just before 10:30. If you check your VQ status screen it will give you the approximate return time and from experience this trip that has been spot on for me so far.

Hmm we got 45 following my normal method. I don’t understand how you hit join without refreshing first at 7. The join doesn’t come up until 7 right?

I’m in the app on an iPhone and I don’t see that. No join until I refresh. Are you on an actual webpage?

Thank you! I did see that button earlier and it said 280 minutes but from my math I thought that meant 2:30, which seemed really late. But, just recalculated and it's actually 11:30 which seems right. Silly me!

I start on the first page of MDE app with the picture of the AT ATs on my screen. I don’t refresh at all. As soon as my phone flips to 7AM I click JOIN JOIN JOIN. I don’t wIt for any buttons to change colour.

Practicing at home, successful about 98% of the time.
THIS!!

I'm 5 for 6 since January 2020 in the parks using this technique. We go back to WDW in a couple of weeks so I started sporadically practicing again the last couple of weeks and I've got it every time but once.

On the one park day, I didn't get it, DD was using her uncle's phone, which MDE had logged out, and they distracted me LOL! I was only a few seconds behind, but still missed.

(Fortunately, that trip plenty of DHS availability so we just switched days since our family had never ridden before. Got it the next time and, as non-SW fans, the young teens loved it!)

Hmm we got 45 following my normal method. I don’t understand how you hit join without refreshing first at 7. The join doesn’t come up until 7 right?
The ‘Join’ button is always visible on the opening page of the MDE app. I took this picture just now and it was 8:35am and visible.

1C805E92-CAB0-4B48-A96A-552EE8219AF3.jpeg

Note: When using this method the Join button will not change colour so I click it purely based on the time displayed at the top of my phone, clicking it at either 7AM or 1PM.

Last edited:
I’m in the app on an iPhone and I don’t see that. No join until I refresh. Are you on an actual webpage?
When you 1st open the app you scroll down and you will find that particular picture with the join button. The 1st time I ever did it I followed what other people were doing and trying to refresh, unfortunately that's where I lost getting a group so I have never done that again. I've done this 3 more times using the time.gov for the most accurate time (btw, Disney also uses time.gov too) and when it hits 6:59:59 hit join immediately (don't wait for the color of the button to change) and follow through the prompts.

I am using my niece as a 4th member for a couple of dining reservations even though she won’t be on the trip with us. With her showing up as an active member of the party but not having a park reservation is that going to kick me out or delay me from getting a boarding group for the rest of us? I can’t have her deleted since she has active plans.

I am using my niece as a 4th member for a couple of dining reservations even though she won’t be on the trip with us. With her showing up as an active member of the party but not having a park reservation is that going to kick me out or delay me from getting a boarding group for the rest of us? I can’t have her deleted since she has active plans.
She will not affect anything. Only those who have actual park reservations will be selected but please don't stop to confirm this, just keep clicking Join. Pausing to check may lock you out of getting a BG.

I've got 5 people in my group - how do we make this work? Split up?

edit: I meant on MDE app. There's so many apps and things now, it's all very confusing - but I'm learning!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter