• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its luck or just some good old Disney magic but our boarding group worked out perfectly. We just got called for ROR at 1:08 so we got from 1:08 to 3:08 to ride and then our first fp starts at 3pm, absolutely perfect. Heading to ROR now. Thanks again, could've never done it so perfect without everyone's input and help on this forum. I didn't realize how valuable this really is until I experienced it myself today. The information in here is invaluable, those who follow along really do have a big advantage over those that dont.
P.S.
We were group 84 and got notified at 1:08.

Wait and take a chance or go to guest relations and see if they can change it
Are the BGs consecutively distributed? So, do people check with others to see what group they received in order to target a specific number? Or, have return times still been too unpredictable to target a time to a BG?

@HockeyMickey2024 ...
He said people continued to file in rapidly behind them. Several groups of people near the front were waving their phones trying to signal other, later-arriving members of their party to join them, but it was packed and didn't seem like other people in line were cooperative with them...
At 6:30am, he said that some people in line were starting to sit on the ground, which CMs were discouraging. At 6:32, a line of "Disney cops" (as he called them) came through and had people get up off of the ground, at which point the line started moving toward the tapstiles. He said it was "very physical" while moving forward (in the sense that people were very close together - he said they weren't pushy), with his biggest takeaway being that "more people need showers." :poop:
It hadn’t occurred to me that there would be line cutters at the before opening cattle call, but human nature being wait it is, of course some parties send an early riser to save a front of the line spot so that their later rising friends/family can join them. Now that Disney isn’t opening the VQ until park open at least there’s no advantage to this cheat, thus it’s less likely to lead to heated exchanges.
More people probably need showers because they chose to sleep an extra half hour rather than getting up even earlier to shower before they headed to DHS to join the line lol.
We aren’t a rope drop type group (and being from the west coast rope drop on the east coast is insanely early) so I have no knowledge about early morning park hopping - if we arrive at DHS pre opening, get in and secure a later BG and then want to leave to maybe rope drop another park will there be buses so early in the morning to take us from DHS to MK or AK? Or will we need to walk over to BW’s bus stop and grab an MK or AK bus there? We’ll be there the first 2 weeks of January.

Are the BGs consecutively distributed? So, do people check with others to see what group they received in order to target a specific number? Or, have return times still been too unpredictable to target a time to a BG?
Yes, it's sequential. And yes people are asking others what bg they're getting.

They are consecutively distributed based on when you log into the system to get a BG, not when you enter the park. Checking with the people around you wouldn't really tell you anything (A PP reported that they got BG 10 while people next to them got BG 40something) - when hundreds of people are logging on at the same time, you have no idea where in the queue the person next to you landed vs where you are. If you try and log in later to get an evening BG, there's a strong chance you won't get a BG at all.

I would think that they are reaching park guest saturation. Since you are only allowed to book one BG, the amount of people looking for one gets smaller and smaller as the morning progresses. As the parks get more crowded as we get closer to Christmas, I would suspect them to fill up quicker.

I also think they are just gauging how many people they can have sign up by 11:00 am (two day pattern). There is no additional risk if they cannot fulfill the backup boarding groups.
Interesting again that it took 45 mins to fill approx. 10K in riders, and then 3 hours 15 mins to fill the remaining 7K of estimated capacity. I'm betting the backup groups are larger than the initial groups to adjust for the conversion ratio of backup BGs likely being smaller. It would also be interesting to know how many guests entered DHS today between 7:45-11:00am.

Headed to HS on 1/8 - What are the thoughts about boarding groups after the first of the year? Is it still going to be people lining up before the sun, hours before RD to get a chance?

Headed to HS on 1/8 - What are the thoughts about boarding groups after the first of the year? Is it still going to be people lining up before the sun, hours before RD to get a chance?
I'd expect things to be pretty similar to now. Arriving hours before RD isn't necessary at this point. If you want a morning BG, just be in the park before official open. Stay tuned here for updates.

Last edited:
We're going 1/18, a Saturday, planning on getting a BG in the morning. Our 1st FP is scheduled 11:20-12:20 at AK. My question is, what time do I get to HS to get an early enough BG in order to get to AK by 12:30pm?
Or, we can get a BG and swing back after 3:30pm. We're checking into CBR that afternoon.

We're going 1/18, a Saturday, planning on getting a BG in the morning. Our 1st FP is scheduled 11:20-12:20 at AK. My question is, what time do I get to HS to get an early enough BG in order to get to AK by 12:30pm?
Or, we can get a BG and swing back after 3:30pm. We're checking into CBR that afternoon.

Just be sure to be in the park a few minutes before park opening and then point the app as soon as it opens. As long as you get a BG under like 45 you should be fine

Any word on how earlier buses leave the resorts? Staying at WL for the next 5 days.
Getting to the park very early isn't as important as it was a few days ago. Uber/Lyft is the way to go if you want to get to the park early. The problem is you don't know when the first bus is going to arrive and when the next bus will arrive if you miss the first one. Makes more sense, JMO, to wait at DHS then wait at the bus stop at WL. Otherwise be at the bus stop an hour or so before park opening.

Disney is currently opening the VQ at official park opening time. Thus, just be in the park just prior to official opening and have MDE ready to join the queue. No advantage to earlier arrival unless you want to be at the front of the throng to rope drop another attraction. (Oops, just noticed Max already responded - "what he said.")

All of the pictures people have posted while waiting for the park to open, have prepared me for the mass of people outside the turnstiles. But this morning, my DS's friend sent him a picture of the mass of people on Hollywood Blvd at 6:53. Yikes! It looked crowded!!! I am feeling grateful that my DSs are both teens now and taller than me. If anyone is going to get lost in the crowd, it is going to be me, lol. Anyway, as I looked at the picture I couldn't help to wonder. How packed in are you on Hollywood Blvd? Do you have a little breathing room or is it shoulder to shoulder? The picture looked shoulder to shoulder, but I am kind of hoping it wasn't as tight as it looked. Thanks!

Amazing that many people still there by 6am. Thankful that's not necessary anymore (at least until 6am park openings begin). Cool you got to book them from home -- sounds like that worked well!

Well - it's not necessary for ROTR anymore, but if you want to be in the front of the pack for Slinky Dog or Smugglers Run rope drop - we're still in the exact same position we were in before ROTR opened so I expect that we'll continue to see good crowd the hour prior to opening - but hopefully not 3 hours before opening anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter