• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve reached the time of year where the BG data (ie when people showed up and how quickly they were snatched up) is likely irrelevant to anybody going in Jan/Feb (outside of MLK and Pres Day).

Crowds are at their heaviest for the next 2 weeks so don’t be intimidated by things like “BGs gone by 7:20” unless you are going during a similarly crowded time. Christmas/New Years weeks are simply outliers.

I’ll still enjoy following along AND what will continue to be relevant is how many BGs they are able to get through! For those who are there now or heading there in the next 2 weeks...may the force be with you!
I agree. I'm watching as spectator sport, but I think when we arrive on the 6th, we'll be starting from scratch again. I really am not thrilled that I need to be researching while we are there.

I agree. I'm watching as spectator sport, but I think when we arrive on the 6th, we'll be starting from scratch again. I really am not thrilled that I need to be researching while we are there.
As long as you know the official park opening time and that you get to the tapstiles at least 30 mins prior you probably won't need to do much more research. Maybe check in once here. We'll be there then too. Am very interested to see if they move opening time to 7am on those days. GL!

Last edited:

As long as you know the official park opening time and that you get to the tapstiles at least 30 mins prior you probably won't need to do any more research. Maybe check in once here. We'll be there then too. GL!
I think that's true. But I also don't trust that Disney won't switch things up again. Park open currently shows as 8 AM starting 1/5, so that could prompt them to monkey with procedures.

I really expect it to remain unchanged, but wouldn't be shocked if what they're doing now is connected to the 7 AM open and they switch it up.

Getting on a flight now headed down. Planning on RD HS at least 5 times over next 10 days for RoTR. Some days with family, some days solo. Will post data for others on days in do go. Planning on a 6am arrival tomorrow. Really hoping the rain let's up.

At pop bus pickup at 6. Had to wait for one bus, off the bus around 6:20. On Hollywood Blvd at 6:47. Refreshed the app starting at 6:59, got BG 3! Off the ride at 8:15. Totally worth it!
That's great! Since I'm hearing conflicting reports and you had a huge success - what did you do to "refresh" the app:
  • Go out and back in to the RotR page without closing the app
  • Close the app (i.e. go to the home screen on your phone) and open it again
  • Hard close the app (double-click or swipe up from the bottom then swipe it away) and open it again
  • Something else?

What time did you arrive at DHS?

We got to the line at Park Entrance at about 6:14 am. We had walked from the parking lot as we had driven from Wilderness Lodge and we're wrangling our children and stroller in the rain, so we were not fast walking. We were let into the park around 6:40. We kept refreshing for our group of 4 and at exactly 7 am got our boarding group 57. I did notice Disney wifi went out a couple of times. I use Verizon.

As long as you know the official park opening time and that you get to the tapstiles at least 30 mins prior you probably won't need to do any more research. Maybe check in once here. We'll be there then too. Am very interested to see if they move opening time to 7am on those days. GL!

Yea, this is pretty spot on. Also, I'm not sure if attendance is down but the crowds are not bad at all once u get through the morning rush at opening.

What was the last BG called tonight?
When we were leaving around 8:30 the sign was at 129 and there didn’t look to be the usual mass of people waiting around for the next BG to be called. There were however a few disgruntled guests talking with guest services CMs, so my guess is they told the crowd that 129 would be the last group called. Anyone see any higher group called?

When we were leaving around 8:30 the sign was at 129 and there didn’t look to be the usual mass of people waiting around for the next BG to be called. There were however a few disgruntled guests talking with guest services CMs, so my guess is they told the crowd that 129 would be the last group called. Anyone see any higher group called?
Also we noticed that a certain animatronic was not functioning as intended (it was our 2nd time through) so that could have played a part in shutting down early

I'm addicted to this thread. Partially because of the drama of it all, and also, because I'm terrified of when I go Sunday of Marathon weekend. That is going to be such a tricky thing, especially since I'll need to drive to HS. Does anyone know how HS is normally impacted during the full Marathon that starts at 5am at EPCOT, but goes through HS at the end.

I'm addicted to this thread. Partially because of the drama of it all, and also, because I'm terrified of when I go Sunday of Marathon weekend. That is going to be such a tricky thing, especially since I'll need to drive to HS. Does anyone know how HS is normally impacted during the full Marathon that starts at 5am at EPCOT, but goes through HS at the end.
You'll find partial road closures around the property so give yourself extra time to travel. The park itself will have runners coming through until around noon time

Last edited:
More data points from our day:
Got rider swap and got in line around 8:45. At preshow 9:05. Off ride 9:30. Mom and DS got in FP line for rider swap at 10. Said they went straight to preshow and they were off at 10:18

I can’t edit post on the phone but we’ve taken a lot of potty breaks this the gap between first riders and rider swap going. While they rode I hit the market and bought Sabak deck, shoulder porg for little one and kettle popcorn.

Did Rise this morning - so. So. So Worth it!

Got to the parking lot and parked around 9:10, through security at 9:15ish. We went to the lines at the right (great tip everyone!), park gates opened at 6:20ish. We were in the park by 6:35.

Had 3 phones going right at 7 - two on data (ATT) and one on wifi. The wifi phone got us a boarding group before the data apps even launched - boarding group 37!

Our group was called at 930ish, we were already in Galaxy’s Edge so went straight there. Off ride by 10:10, so about 20 mins in line. Havent seen or heard of it going down today.

Amazing experience! Thanks everyone for sharing, it was a huge help.

10:57 AM: Group 57 called.
11:03 AM: We were in the standby line and using rider swap.
11:53 AM: Off ride. Husband went with the girls on rider swap.
It was worth getting up early and standing in the rain for hours. :)

Staying at WL
5:30 Wake Up
5:45 bus stop
5:53 on bus
6:10 at HS
Right through security
6:30 opened
6:40 tapped in
6:55 got Starbucks order
7:00 BG 30
7:30 Toy Mania
8:00 Star Tours FP
8:40 Rockin Rollercoaster FP
8:45 BG called
9:00 in line
9:45 off ride
10:15 Drinks and food at Oga’s Cantina
Great time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter