READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no VIP access to RotR. Been confirmed in another thread for the Private VIP tours.
Sadly I think this may just be more misinformation from Disney. I definitely saw plaids walking groups up the FP+ lane on both days I rode. Even if they entered the VQ early (which I doubt), they at least circumvented walking the SB queue which is pretty lengthy.

Sadly I think this may just be more misinformation from Disney. I definitely saw plaids walking groups up the FP+ lane on both days I rode. Even if they entered the VQ early (which I doubt), they at least circumvented walking the SB queue which is pretty lengthy.
We have a vip tour booked for May and on our booking sheet it specifically states that ROTR is not included.

It's more likely that these are REAL VIP's and not PAID VIP's ;) Maybe NPH comes back daily...

We have a vip tour booked for May and on our booking sheet it specifically states that ROTR is not included.
Sadly this is what I mean. Disney saying it isn't included, but day of, if time permits and the ride is functioning they may walk you up that FP+ lane. I've seen it at the parties. VIP guides are not supposed to get priority with special character interactions since they are not FP+ attractions. I've seen many plaids speak with the character handler then circumvent the line. :confused3

To continue:
6:34 tapstyles open
6:41 thru tapstyles - to Starbucks!!!
6:54 thru Starbucks
7:01 BG 28 - we had a group of 7 all trying, some on Disney WiFi some not. My husband got in first LTE
7:41 BG 28 called ( while in line for MF)
8:17 tapped in to the ride
9;01 off ride

soooo worth it!!!! Thanks for all of the tips!
Laurie
Congrats!!

Sayhello

Just more info from today. Was on first bus from POP at 5:28. In line at 5:43. Raining fir the next hour. Taps tiles opened at 6:34. Tapped in at 6:42. Walked to ROTR and waited by a CM with ipad. They got in before our phones. They got in At 7:01 and we got 10. It was the first of the day and called at 7:06. It took us 15 minutes to do the whole ride. Awesome

This stuff changes by the day, but my understanding is that VIP doesn't get you access, but if you snag a boarding group, VIP walks you to the FP or similar entry. That may be what you saw.

Dirk

If you try the CM route, are you just sort of hanging around the CM along with other people hoping to beat out the app users? Does the CM try to organize people waiting for her/his assistance?

If you try the CM route, are you just sort of hanging around the CM along with other people hoping to beat out the app users? Does the CM try to organize people waiting for her/his assistance?
there are about 8 to 10 Blue shirt CM close to the entrance, and then many more scattered around the park. They are there primarily for people who do not have phone or ways to access MDE. Now if you are having problem with your phone you can approach them, I would recommend entering the park and heading to the Director statue close to Hollywood and Sunset, and those CM will probably not have any lines

left WL around 6:01am again and this time standing room only compared to like 5 people a few days ago. Seemed like double the number of people in the park but this time they opened everything at 6:30am likely because it was lightening? BG opened around 7:02 and I got BG 33 this time and was called fairly early, There was no group rushing to SR this time so we go through in 30 minutes.

Very interesting! I would think smaller groups have a slight advantage over large parties since there is less scrolling and tapping. I am linked with all of my relatives who have their own individual accounts. I wonder if I should restructure accounts for the spring? I’ll probably end up losing my AP or something 🤣
I don’t think so. For us, we got notification we were getting a BG, then it loaded forever getting our friends and family list. DH and I were using my MDE account, he was in ATT LTE and I was on Verizon LTE and his was faster.

ETA : maybe our friends and family list is too big. Time to start letting go of some of them?? 🤣

Those were probably World of Dreams VIP tours, they do get access, or these were VIP tours that also have DAS. Regular peasant VIPs have to do regular standby, or did until recently if there was a change.

there are about 8 to 10 Blue shirt CM close to the entrance, and then many more scattered around the park. They are there primarily for people who do not have phone or ways to access MDE. Now if you are having problem with your phone you can approach them, I would recommend entering the park and heading to the Director statue close to Hollywood and Sunset, and those CM will probably not have any lines

Ah, very good, thanks. I am not exactly sure what to expect from my phone at rope drop, as it uses a second-tier service provider and has an old (although MDE-compatible) operating system. My concern is that it will struggle to connect, and to stay connected, compared to a properly up-to-date phone. Guess I'm going to find out. :badpc:

Ok, I'm sorry If this has been explained earlier in this thread but I cant find it. I know the whole procedure for getting a BG at official park opening no matter if you tap in earlier than that. At opening time the app starts allowing you to join the BGs. What I am not clear about is can you set up on the app the members of your party prior to the minute the BGs open up or do you have to do the whole selection process after the BGs open up? I know that all members have to be tapped in prior to selection.
Thanks

Ok, I'm sorry If this has been explained earlier in this thread but I cant find it. I know the whole procedure for getting a BG at official park opening no matter if you tap in earlier than that. At opening time the app starts allowing you to join the BGs. What I am not clear about is can you set up on the app the members of your party prior to the minute the BGs open up or do you have to do the whole selection process after the BGs open up? I know that all members have to be tapped in prior to selection.
Thanks
First the bar turns red that says join bg, then you get the option of picking your party

Last edited:
We are Canadian with not data and our phone has trouble with Disney wifi so we talked to the CM at front of RTTR and they got us the first boarding pass of the day. He was even surprised how great a number we got

It bears repeating that the difference between a “quick” and “not-so-quick” BG at official opening is basically the difference between riding at 7:15am vs. 11:15am (caveats for downtime notwithstanding). Unless that difference is critical for you, don’t sweat it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter