READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens where not everyone is recognized is it better to do as you did and add the people who they recognize as in the park and then go to CM to hopefully add the rest of the party?
Yes. Join the BG and then ask the GET CM to add family.

They access the system and your MDX account and when your family is standing there with you, they’ll be added. If you wait to approach GET for your complete party, you’ll get a later BG.

Yes. Join the BG and then ask the GET CM to add family.

They access the system and your MDX account and when your family is standing there with you, they’ll be added. If you wait to approach GET for your complete party, you’ll get a later BG.
Excellent idea!

Hi - We are going to to the park on March 1, 2020. I see Disney Hollywood has magic hours 8AM-9AM that day, but from what I understand this ride (Ride of the Resistance) does not open for the magic hours and you can not get a fast pass for it either? We have a party of 6. Any suggestions of getting on this? Should we just go at 8AM and straight to the ride and wait in line. Would that be our best best or something else? I am new on this and appreciate any info.

Hi - We are going to to the park on March 1, 2020. I see Disney Hollywood has magic hours 8AM-9AM that day, but from what I understand this ride (Ride of the Resistance) does not open for the magic hours and you can not get a fast pass for it either? We have a party of 6. Any suggestions of getting on this? Should we just go at 8AM and straight to the ride and wait in line. Would that be our best best or something else? I am new on this and appreciate any info.
@dljohn--To save you reading through this entire thread . . . As of right now:

(1) RotR is not open during EMH, either AM or PM.
(2) There is no standby queue for RotR. There's a virtual queue only. No matter what time of day.
(3) There are no FP+s for RotR. Only the virtual queue.
(4) The way to get on the virtual queue (VQ) is to: (a) get to the park about an hour before scheduled opening; (b) stand in line until guests are let into the park, often maybe 1/2 hour before official opening time; (c) be ready with your MDX app because when the official park opening time arrives, you will then be able to get your place in the VQ. Also, (d) if you are unable to get into the VQ because your app has gone nutso, go immediately to a blue-shirt CM, who will assist you and get you a spot in the VQ.

Note that everything is subject to change. This is just the way it is at the moment.

(2) There is no standby queue for RotR. There's a virtual queue only. No matter what time of day.
(4) The way to get on the virtual queue (VQ) is to: (a) get to the park about an hour before scheduled opening; (b) stand in line until guests are let into the park, often maybe 1/2 hour before official opening time; (c) be ready with your MDX app because when the official park opening time arrives, you will then be able to get your place in the VQ. Also, (d) if you are unable to get into the VQ because your app has gone nutso, go immediately to a blue-shirt CM, who will assist you and get you a spot in the VQ.

Note that everything is subject to change. This is just the way it is at the moment.

Just wanted to complement you on this summary!

Only thing I would add is that after the first scheduled morning EMH day went so bad the changed them to evening EMHs for the rest of December ... So just be mindful they may switch that morning EMH to evening as well

@Miffy Hi - to make sure I understand. That park opens for EMH at 8AM but the official open time is 9AM. So, at 9AM in the park I can go to the MDX app for RotR then select 'Join Boarding Group', right?

Excellent question - my family is going Spring Break and going to HS on April 12 for EMH. What will happen is anyone's guess. My thought is that by then more of the kinks will be worked out. There is a chance the crowds will remain so big they will not have EMH until things settle down more. Or you can get a boarding group only after the park officially opens (?at 9AM). I'm thinking there is a really good chance they will just cancel EMH for HS for Spring Break though given the likely huge crowds.

@Miffy Hi - to make sure I understand. That park opens for EMH at 8AM but the official open time is 9AM. So, at 9AM in the park I can go to the MDX app for RotR then select 'Join Boarding Group', right?
@dljohn--I don't believe there have been any a.m. EMHs since the VQ started--someone please correct me if I'm wrong!--so there's no precedent for this. You'll just have to keep checking.

Also, if there is an 8 a.m. EMH and they don't start the VQ until 9 a.m., assuming that would be the official opening time, then make sure to be in the park early, since every member of your group has to be present in the park in order for you to book a boarding group for everyone. I think I forgot to mention that: every single person who is going to be in your boarding group has to have tapped in at the tapstiles in order for them to join a boarding group. Just because someone is on your friends & family list doesn't mean they're eligible to be in a BG. They have to actually be there, tapped into DHS when you try for the BG.

So if the guaranteed BG are only up to 90 today, and it seems likely they will all be called by 2pm or so, is there a (2hr?) pause to make sure all those groups have boarded before starting the non-guaranteed numbers?

(4) The way to get on the virtual queue (VQ) is to: (a) get to the park about an hour before scheduled opening; (b) stand in line until guests are let into the park, often maybe 1/2 hour before official opening time; (c) be ready with your MDX app because when the official park opening time arrives, you will then be able to get your place in the VQ.
It's worth adding that being inside the park within 20-25 mins after official opening usually results in getting an initial BG. That might require arriving to the park a little before opening, but usually not a full hour prior. Also, at least half of the backup BG guests are typically getting to ride. That means getting past the tapstiles within 90 mins of park opening usually results in a BG that rides that day.

Last edited:
@dljohn--I don't believe there have been any a.m. EMHs since the VQ started--someone please correct me if I'm wrong!--so there's no precedent for this. You'll just have to keep checking.

Also, if there is an 8 a.m. EMH and they don't start the VQ until 9 a.m., assuming that would be the official opening time, then make sure to be in the park early, since every member of your group has to be present in the park in order for you to book a boarding group for everyone. I think I forgot to mention that: every single person who is going to be in your boarding group has to have tapped in at the tapstiles in order for them to join a boarding group. Just because someone is on your friends & family list doesn't mean they're eligible to be in a BG. They have to actually be there, tapped into DHS when you try for the BG.
There was one Sunday with morning emh. It was kinda a mess, which is why they switched to evening.

There was one day where EMH happened in the morning. Since that day, they moved all of the morning EMH's for the next month or so to the evening.

[EDIT: Sorry -- yulilin3 and I tied]

Last edited:
So if the guaranteed BG are only up to 90 today, and it seems likely they will all be called by 2pm or so, is there a (2hr?) pause to make sure all those groups have boarded before starting the non-guaranteed numbers?

no, there is no break before calling back up BGs, they just will expand to include the next number be it regular or back up

To me the only difference between regular or back up is that if you don't get to ride due to mechanical issues and you have a regular BG you will get some compensation, and if you have a back-up BG you will not

no, there is no break before calling back up BGs, they just will expand to include the next number be it regular or back up

To me the only difference between regular or back up is that if you don't get to ride due to mechanical issues and you have a regular BG you will get some compensation, and if you have a back-up BG you will not

Thanks, I agree. It sounds like they are being very conservative on the regular BG just to minimize that. It’s certainly no longer a good estimate of how many groups they will approximately get to in the day.

We got “lucky” at Epcot yesterday when Test Track broke down right after we rode and were waiting to get off. For 10 min of inconvenience we got a FP for Soarin’ :-)

Up to groups 83 - 101 at 3:32, so well into the backup boarding groups.

ETA: 121 - 136 at 7:06pm

Sayhello

Last edited:
Today us five got to the park at 5:45am for a 6am opening. Got into the park around 5:50 after having park ticket malfunctions (I think this was due to prebuying E-tickets through a site and our party didn’t all have a magic band or hard copy). When it hit 6, only one of us was able to get a boarding group (26), but we quickly received help in solving the issue and were in boarding group 58! Boarded around 10:50 I believe. May have been stressful, but it was worth it and Disney helped the mishaps!

Another question, If there are 6 in my party will I be able to book all 6 of us if we are all there?

We are going to be there January 20-24. Have been a lifelong SW fan (was 6 when the New Hope came out:smooth:) and am excited for this ride. Hopefully, the crowds will be lower on the 22nd when we are dedicating an entire day to HS to soak up the entire GE experience and even have reservations at Oga's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter