READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, today was my day. Reached the parking lot at 5:37 with three toddlers, made it through the no bag line in our pajamas, in the park at 5:53, boarding group 47 using LTE not refreshing app. Then I went back out to the car to get everything. I now owe three little girls whole cupcakes all under the age of five .
That's dedication!

Hello, everyone. We are a family of five and we will be in the parks in the first week of february. I have a few questions about riding ROTR:

1. The park hours info for february shows DHS will be open at 9am on thu 6th, so I guess that still might change for an earlier opening time, right?

2. We are staying on Caribbean Beach so we are wondering if anyone knows what is the scenario with disney transportation to DHS in this early hours, specially if the SKYLINER has been open to get guests there before opening time?

3. Where and when do you super early birds get breakfast in this crazy day?
1) yes, those hours can change. Especially if they see demand still bringing people to the parks early and in large numbers

2)skyliner has been running, but doesnt start taking passengers until around 7:30am. It is tough to gauge what they will do in February. To be safe I would Lyft over on your first day in the morning(if possible) or use the bus. They have been running earlier.

3)Woodys breakfast in toy story land was pretty good.

Hello, everyone. We are a family of five and we will be in the parks in the first week of february. I have a few questions about riding ROTR:

1. The park hours info for february shows DHS will be open at 9am on thu 6th, so I guess that still might change for an earlier opening time, right?

2. We are staying on Caribbean Beach so we are wondering if anyone knows what is the scenario with disney transportation to DHS in this early hours, specially if the SKYLINER has been open to get guests there before opening time?

3. Where and when do you super early birds get breakfast in this crazy day?
another option for breakfast is the Trolley car cafe (starbucks) they have breakfast sandwiches and pastries

1) yes, those hours can change. Especially if they see demand still bringing people to the parks early and in large numbers

2)skyliner has been running, but doesnt start taking passengers until around 7:30am. It is tough to gauge what they will do in February. To be safe I would Lyft over on your first day in the morning(if possible) or use the bus. They have been running earlier.

3)Woodys breakfast in toy story land was pretty good.
Thank you very much for your answer!

Sorry to hear about your experience. That's not supposed to be how that works. Which cell phone provider do you have? At least you got a BG before the backups started. Hope you still enjoy the attraction.

Could become a best practice going forward to have one user on wifi and the other using cell data if you have two trying for the BGs. Where were the best places to find CMs during VQ distribution today (and when it rains)?

We have Verizon. After the posts yesterday about the wi-fi being extra slow this week, we turned it off. My sister did say she tried to toggle it on and she still had the gray button. Force closing didn’t seem to help either.

I’ve read every single post on this thread and didn’t think I could have been any more prepared. We didn’t see any guest services cast members out. The one CM I was able to find couldn’t point me in a direction to any, just told me she couldn’t help. We thought this current system makes it feel like a lottery, which is not our favorite.
Our brother is joining us friday for just one day to see galaxys edge for his first time, hoping we have much better luck then.

For RnR and ToT they held on Hollywood until 7:05.

Almost on ToT. Then I’ll do RNR before proceeding to TSL to hopefully do TSMM standy before our 7:55 SDD FastPass. Then finish up with SR and RoTR. Hopefully back in bed by 11.

ROTR hasn’t started loading yet.

Starts at boarding group 11.
How long are the waits on ToT and RNR at 7am?

We have group 55 and got called to return at 9:23. Will update on time it takes in queue and to ride once we get back to dhs.

We left our offsite hotel at 4:30 this morning and were parked at about 4:50, through security around five minutes later. We were in front of the ticket booth, under the cover, but to the right. We got in fairly quickly and it was raining pretty hard. Purchased ponchos and waited under a store front. We couldn’t get the ‘join boarding groups’ to turn red until around 6:10 and it finally popped up for us both at the same time. Seemed like everyone around us already had their phones down and walking to attractions. We couldn’t find any cast members to help and couldn’t swim down stream to get back to guest services. We finally got boarding group 110, I’m a little frustrated with how it all ended up. We had two iPhones both trying on LTE. We ended up leaving the park for now, because of the rain. We have a candlelight package for this evening, hope our timing works well.
Dummy question but if we have 4 in our group and our reservations are linked can some of us be trying on WiFi while others try on LTE to join a BG?

It's amazing a few seconds can mean a 40 BG swing.
I’m starting to wonder if it’s randomized, or somewhat randomized.
I don't think it's random. Based on Google Earth images and rough calculations, the area from Sunset Blvd to the tapstiles can hold 4,000-5,000 people. Assuming 100 per BG, that's 50 BGs worth of people, all tapping their phones continuously with the same goal.
I think it makes sense that there can be a 40 BG swing in just seconds.

Is it possible there’s still a correlation to the order people tapped in and the BG number they get, like someone who tapped in earlier is prioritized first, or is that way above Disney’s capabilities? Actually I think I can probably answer my own question lol, seems way too complicated.

There was speculation a few days ago though that CM’s seemed to be able to grab the earlier BG slightly later, almost as if it was designed for them to be able to make up time for people who ran into issues. I know my plan if nothing changes much come March is to find a CM ASAP and wait near them, assuming I’m going to run into some issue.

I recall a prior post that suggested trying the GET CMs near the director's statue. Maybe you could walk to the statue while attempting to join a BG on your phone. If the button isn't lighting up, get in line and have the CM assign you a BG.

We have Verizon. After the posts yesterday about the wi-fi being extra slow this week, we turned it off. My sister did say she tried to toggle it on and she still had the gray button. Force closing didn’t seem to help either.

I’ve read every single post on this thread and didn’t think I could have been any more prepared. We didn’t see any guest services cast members out. The one CM I was able to find couldn’t point me in a direction to any, just told me she couldn’t help. We thought this current system makes it feel like a lottery, which is not our favorite.
Our brother is joining us friday for just one day to see galaxys edge for his first time, hoping we have much better luck then.
Phone tip: Before arriving at the park do a hard shutdown on your phone. Once in the park don’t have anything else running on your phone except the Disney ap.

Phone tip: Before arriving at the park do a hard shutdown on your phone. Once in the park don’t have anything else running on your phone except the Disney ap.
I think it's all hit or miss. Neither my wife or I did this. I was refreshing by closing all on my apps (Android) and she was just going out of the BG screen back to the MDE home screen. She got BG 22 and I got 69. We both used AT&T and no WiFi. Neither of us had the app open before we got tapped into the park, however, but we were only in with less than 10 minutes to opening.
I also noticed that there were no CMs until the end of Hollywood Blvd, past Starbucks. Head into the park until you find one just in case you have problems. They moved me to BG 22 without any problem.

I don't think it's random. Based on Google Earth images and rough calculations, the area from Sunset Blvd to the tapstiles can hold 4,000-5,000 people. Assuming 100 per BG, that's 50 BGs worth of people, all tapping their phones continuously with the same goal.
I think it makes sense that there can be a 40 BG swing in just seconds.
I agree with this completly. The variation in BG number narrows as the morning progresses. It's not as noticable now given the sheer volume of people at park open, but before Christmas it was definitely a trend that at park open you could fluctuate 30 BG in a second, but 30 minutes later the fluctuation was 1 or 2 over a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter