READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need clarification on this.

We are all managed under my husband’s MDE account...me, my kids, and my daughter’s BF.

For the upcoming trip, it’s just my DD and her BF traveling to Florida. We decided to just keep them under my husband’s mde account because they already had tickets attached and we didn’t want to deal with the messiness of splitting them off of our account.

While on their trip they will just log into my husband’s account to book everything.

So, I guess my questions are these:

1. Will my DD have problems booking a BG since she’ll be logged into my husband’s account and he’s multiple miles away in a different state?

2. Will I be able to log into my DH’s account from home and be a third person helping them get a BG?

Again, all three of us will be logged into my husband’s account...who will not be in Florida.
1. no
2. Yes, but only able to book for the people that physically entered DHS

So could our group go through turnstiles early before actual park opening ... to “activate our entrance “ and immediately leave and get out bg as soon as the actual park opening allows. So in essence we’d get our bg back at the hotel ?

So could our group go through turnstiles early before actual park opening ... to “activate our entrance “ and immediately leave and get out bg as soon as the actual park opening allows. So in essence we’d get our bg back at the hotel ?
technically yes. BUT the app has been iffy and you might run into trouble and need a CM assistance so I would wait for the BG to open.
We haven't had anyone reporting that they have done this, so far, so if you want to be the first one go right ahead and let us know if it worked :D

technically yes. BUT the app has been iffy and you might run into trouble and need a CM assistance so I would wait for the BG to open.
We haven't had anyone reporting that they have done this, so far, so if you want to be the first one go right ahead and let us know if it worked :D

We have two days scheduled for HS this week. I’m gonna try the “enter and leave option” first day and see how it goes. I’ll report back. I’m hoping being away from the large crowd competing for the same bandwidth on MDE might be to my advantage ???

Definitely feels like one those "do you really want to take that chance"? Type things

Definitely feels like one those "do you really want to take that chance"? Type things

Absolutely!

For anyone who wants to be the guinea pig, more power to you, but it feels like a bad idea with little payoff. You’re leaving maybe 20 mins earlier than you would otherwise be, with the possibility of it not working at all, you running into issues and not being able to get CM help, and you might completely waste getting up and to DHS early. The opposite could happen and it could work too well getting you a BG among the first, and then you probably aren’t leaving anyways but are now at the back of the rope drop crowd.

Not to mention, this working for someone once if someone does try is not indicative of it working properly again.

I agree that shutting down apps makes no difference.

Here was what we did. 2 phones, I was on WiFi, my wife was on Verizon. Both signed into the same MDE account.

When BGs opened, we went back to the home screen and tapped the ‘find out more’ button. I got the red button before she did and was able to tap through.

Both phones were set up for push notifications. She got one, I did not.

Any consensus on whether the iPhone or the Android app works best? My sister, on her iPhone, was able to book our BGs both days we went. My Android was in 2nd place. We both have service with AT&T.

Worst case tho- the person who left won't be able to join a BG. They could run back in at that point and hope there's still some BGs left.

They tapped in though so they should be able to join the BG. They have no way of knowing you left the park - you don't tap out when you leave.

They tapped in though so they should be able to join the BG. They have no way of knowing you left the park - you don't tap out when you leave.

I guess a test would be if someone was tapped in and in the park, but had their location services turned off and was still able to get a BG.

I guess a test would be if someone was tapped in and in the park, but had their location services turned off and was still able to get a BG.

Location services don't matter though - just being tapped in does. Earlier in the thread, a woman got her husband his VQ spot after he tapped in to the park even though she was at home in Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter