• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were referring to LEAVING the park, not entering.
That’s just as way figure out
That can’t/ don’t. Not as long as Magic band use is voluntary
All they have to go by is a data point that everyone has to use. Which is scanning in. Can’t track scanning out either automatically by rfid or some other magic

It's sad/funny at the same time. I still read many posts where ppl say they plan to wait on FoP standby because it's their #1 priority and they couldn't get a FP. Then I cringe.
The last 3 times my family has been to AK (Mar 10, Dec 11 & 15) we were able to get another FP for FoP in AK. Even as a party of 4 shortly after 1pm we got 3pm FPs. Unfortunately people relegate themselves into thinking there's just no possibility to bother trying. I'd rather play with my phone for an hour than stand on a 2-3 hour line. It is totally possible but you have to try.

Everyone's waiting to see confirmation to this scenario:
Enter HS before official open. Leave and be able to join a BG from outside HS.
This would be very useful to park hop a rope drop. Most interest is around the later opening at AK for rope dropping FoP.
there have been no more FoP FP this week

It won’t help you much if any to leave prior to getting your boarding group right now. I mean, there is such a gap between opening you’d be better off getting to HS 15 min before it opens, get your group at opening and then hop. You have more than enough time. We were back at in our hotel before 6:30 on Saturday. Would have plenty of time to get in line for another park had we wanted to. That said, your group is likely to be called so early not sure you’d get much done anywhere else. We were back in HS and ready to ride by 8:30

We are going the last week of January. Hoping since it's after the holidays and kids are back in school, maybe some of this will be a little less? Should I abandon all hope? lol
I would not let any reports now affect your plans (or anxiety level, lol).

Just wait and see what the BG reports look like from 1/6 through 1/24 (outside of MLK weekend).

I’m going that same week and I do think that crowd levels will go down a bit and some of the madness might die down. That will become much more clear within 3 weeks though.

We're going in a few days and want to ride both. Is the best strategy to be there before park opens, get whatever BG we can and then hurry to standby for MFSR or is there a better strategy for standby MFSR? I think park hours were extended during our stay, so we could go back later at night.

We're going in a few days and want to ride both. Is the best strategy to be there before park opens, get whatever BG we can and then hurry to standby for MFSR or is there a better strategy for standby MFSR? I think park hours were extended during our stay, so we could go back later at night.
For a short wait at MFSR You have 2 options: rope drop or evening.
- You’ll want to be there VERY early (60+ minutes before open) and be at the front of the pack headed to MFSR at rope drop.
- Alternatively, you should see waits drop at MFSR the closer you get to park closing.

Between those 2 extremes you’re pretty much facing a long line. And if you’re behind the big pack at rope drop that would probably be the absolute worst time to get in line. Good luck!

If you believe that, then I have some swampland in Dagobah to sell you! 🤣

I can’t imagine a scenario ever where Disney allows more than 1 BG. I’d imagine that regardless of crowd levels, BGs are going to continue to be snagged in full by noon or 1pm at the latest (on low crowd days).
Unless your name is Bob Iger or Neil Patrick Harris you are not getting a second BG.

Was the fingerprinting on today? Curious how long it’s taking to enter around official opening time.

Last edited:
Unless your name is Bob Iger or Neil Patrick Harris you are not getting a second BG.
Agreed - how do I change my name??? 🤣 That move has worked out well for Disney and is guaranteeing that more people get at least 1 ride on RotR.

We just went last week, woke up at 6:15am. Got to front of HS at exactly 6:49am after Skyliner ride from CBR, had nothing on us but what we were wearing and a phone, had 3 young kids in tow, opted for a non-rainy day. Went through no bags security. Inched through to turnstiles. Got boarding group 55. Did a few rides and went back to resort to get stroller and bags. Called at 10:51am for RotR boarding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191220-110330.png
    Screenshot_20191220-110330.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 62
We are headed down to WDW in 10 days. On our DHS morning day, they are calling for an 8am opening. I am hoping it moves to a 7am. We have an ADR at BOG at 2pm that day. So hoping we can get a good boarding group for ROTR, sneak in a ride on MFSR and then head over to Magic Kingdom in time.

DD16 and I will be there Sunday, March 22. They're listing morning EMH from 8 - 9AM. I'm assuming that I won't be able to get a BG until official opening at 9AM, so will try to do MFSR and maybe SDD and be ready to refresh the app at 9.

I may have missed it in here but I have the time backup groups closed but does anyone have an estimated time for regular groups closing?

Just a note...if your coming after jan4th, and not on Presidents day week/easter week, then your giving yourself anxiety for nothing. It will be hectic and crowded for sure, but you wont have 9000-12000 people at rope drop and BG will probably last an hour. All this data from Dec 23rd to Jan 2nd is a result of the busiest travel week.

We are going to be at WDW MLK weekend. I picked MLK day the 20th to get to HS early in order to be inside before opening to get a ROTR boarding group. I'm thinking it won't be quite as bad of a madhouse then vs trying it on Sat or Sun since some may be headed home that day and be unable to commit a great deal of time waiting for their boarding group to be called. I'm planning for the worst hoping for the best.

That’s just as way figure out
That can’t/ don’t. Not as long as Magic band use is voluntary
All they have to go by is a data point that everyone has to use. Which is scanning in. Can’t track scanning out either automatically by rfid or some other magic
The first day or two you didn't have to tap in. They checked the location of your phone. People near security were able to join boarding groups.

Disney could check tap in status and location. Regardless leaving doesn't make sense. You gain 30 minutes but can't go to a CM if you have issues.

I don't think you have to stay in the park but AFAIK no one as tried it. Disney doesn't have to verify you left the park but rather determine if you're in the park.

There is a difference between saying Disney doesn't check and saying Disney can't.

Just a note...if your coming after jan4th, and not on Presidents day week/easter week, then your giving yourself anxiety for nothing. It will be hectic and crowded for sure, but you wont have 9000-12000 people at rope drop and BG will probably last an hour. All this data from Dec 23rd to Jan 2nd is a result of the busiest travel week.
I agree, don't agonize yourself. Make a plan and relax.

Good plan = Get there early (make sure you're inside HS before official open). You can always take a break before or after your BG is called to ward off exhaustion.
Extra Good Plan = Plan a back up morning at HS just in case (you probably won't regret riding twice anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter