READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver and Gold AP's are coming back Friday so that will add a bunch more people into the mix...

Silver and Gold AP's are coming back Friday so that will add a bunch more people into the mix...
But don’t you think that will be offset by tens of thousands boarding their flights back to real life after their Christmas break vacations?

Thank you. Is there also CMs in Galaxy’s Edge for those going that way?
not inside as that is not with the theme of the land, but right before you enter the eland you see the one by the new restrooms and Baseline (Grand Av)

not inside as that is not with the theme of the land, but right before you enter the eland you see the one by the new restrooms and Baseline (Grand Av)
On Thursday, the day of BG glitching, there were Batuu residents with iPads helping guests. They were stationed away and to the side of the entrance to RotR. We had already received assistance from a regular GET CM but other posters noted they were assisted when in GE.

It seemed that GET knew there were problems prior to the park opening. Probably not a regular inside GE occurrence for assistance.

On Thursday, the day of BG glitching, there were Batuu residents with iPads helping guests. They were stationed away and to the side of the entrance to RotR. We had already received assistance from a regular GET CM but other posters noted they were assisted when in GE.

It seemed that GET knew there were problems prior to the park opening. Probably not a regular inside GE occurrence for assistance.
Yes, i should've said blue shirts are not inside the land but Batuuans are able to help around the attraction

Gotta say, I thought I was just going to roll into Disney and get on RotR - boy have you guys woke me up to how I've got to do it! Coming Jan 17th - picked it because it should be a slower day, less waiting, etc. From CT for a super short trip to FL. Based on days of reading this thread I think I know exactly what to do. My comment/question is for rteetz, that spreadsheet you post is amazing! How do you get this data? Is it publicly available somewhere? As the time gets closer to our trip, that spreadsheet will dictate when we need to arrive. But I'm so surprised Disney gives this info out. Anyway, keep up the great work!
Except that is MLK weekend so it will BE crowded. It’s a weekend I come with a friend each year. It won’t be slow

Not sure if DHS ever really reaches capacity/park closure levels, but curiosity has me wondering if it does reach capacity would having a Backup Boarding Group enable you to get in?
It’s not going to be any different than when Pandora was closed for capacity. If you have a FP (ie Boarding Group) then you will get in

Not sure about that, @SouthFayetteFan. I was there the weekend before the blackout started and there were a lot of locals in line with us at 5:15 a.m. Like, a lot.
Locals are allowed to by AP that gets them in 365 days a year. My cousin that lives local has the same AP I do

It’s not going to be any different than when Pandora was closed for capacity. If you have a FP (ie Boarding Group) then you will get in

Yeah, I figure switch regular BG you could get i but wondering if Backup would entitle you to same thing ..not really a huge thing just something that made my brain go "huh"

I am sure this has already been asked, but I can not find it in the earlier pages. I will be at HS on Jan. 17th and staying at AoA. I was wondering if riding the Skyliner would get me to HS in time to check in/Rd and get a BG?

I am sure this has already been asked, but I can not find it in the earlier pages. I will be at HS on Jan. 17th and staying at AoA. I was wondering if riding the Skyliner would get me to HS in time to check in/Rd and get a BG?
The skyliner usually does not open in time to be in dhs at park opening. Today the skyliner opened at 7am which was 1 hour before Epcot’s opening.

Yeah, I figure switch regular BG you could get i but wondering if Backup would entitle you to same thing ..not really a huge thing just something that made my brain go "huh"
If the group gets called, no doubt they’ll let you in

Not sure about that, @SouthFayetteFan. I was there the weekend before the blackout started and there were a lot of locals in line with us at 5:15 a.m. Like, a lot.
Locals are allowed to by AP that gets them in 365 days a year. My cousin that lives local has the same AP I do
I do realize that Gold and Silver APs probably are popular among FL residents. I guess the combination of the weekend + lingering holiday crowds could make Fri/Sat busy. I'd still hesitate to think it will be busier than it's been the last few days though... I'm thinking by Sunday we definitely should see some relief either way though.

Currently staying at AoA. HS opened at 6 am today. When I checked MDE this morning, they had a HS bus arriving at 4:20. I don't know if there was an earlier bus. At the AoA bus stop (around 4:30), bus board said to take the skyliner but buses were running. When I arrived at HS shortly before 4:45, the gondalas were still "sleeping" in the air.

I’m not sure when reached 179 but that’s where they are now and the “gap” has closed so it’s possible they’ve been there for awhile and that is the end for today.

EDIT: 179 was called around 7:00pm and was indeed the end.
Yesterday they called 179 around 7pm to end the day. Today at 6:30 they are already at 188. There is a "spread" of 32 groups right now showing that they are moving through 16/hr at their current pace. I don't know how many BGs they handed out but they are on pace to get up to around 240.

EDIT: BG 196 at 7pm so they are 17 groups ahead of yesterday and have again BROKEN THE RECORD for most BGs in a day!

Some general thoughts:
  • The return to 7am and possibly 8am opens in the immediate future PLUS earlier closes on the horizon will leave them with less operating hours starting tomorrow and heading further into January.
  • For example: If you took today's results and super-imposed it over an 8am-8pm operating day they would only have accommodated around 150 BGs.
  • How many people will be willing to arrive for a 7am or 8am open who won't show up for these 6am opens...
  • However, will that just be offset by the simple fact that significantly less people are visiting WDW on a daily basis throughout most of January. Regardless of the reports of "it's so busy" we know that the crowds we've seen this past week will not sustain at these levels beyond Monday.
  • These are all factors to consider as those of us with January trips begin to really take stock of how this will look for our dates.

Last edited:
Our dates are Jan 20-24 so we are hoping for lower crowds after the 20th. We plan on getting there 1.5-2 hours prior to posted park opening. How are the crowds after MLK day?

I do realize that Gold and Silver APs probably are popular among FL residents. I guess the combination of the weekend + lingering holiday crowds could make Fri/Sat busy. I'd still hesitate to think it will be busier than it's been the last few days though... I'm thinking by Sunday we definitely should see some relief either way though.
True. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I keep thinking that the more the word gets out about how extraordinary RotR is, the more people will want to ride it.

When I was at DAK 2 weeks ago, there were still 4-hour wait times for FoP on some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter