READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We planned on leaving Hilton BC at 6 but Uber/Lyft backed up - the last few days when going to other parks cars were there in 1 minute - my guess because HS was on 6 a.m. those days now with HS at 7 cars were harder to find.
Anyway grabbed a hotel town car and got there at 6:20 or so.
Husband and boys went through no bag line and I told them to head to the right. When I got through bag check I met up with them. As the line started to edge up through some kind of pillar type thing, about 7 lines opened up on the far right so everyone in the far right 3 lines sort of merged into all the open lines. We went from being forty feet back to being about 15 feet back.
There was no finger scan we were all in in a matter of minutes.
We headed to the roller coaster area and stood there all four of us until 7.
Husband got in first - group 13.
Called at 7:19 but before we went in did Rock n Roller coaster twice, ToT on FP, Toy Story on FP (boys use ours)
Lines were crazy long for everything right away. There was no ride something twice with no line as far as the coasters were concerned. Everything major was backed up by 7:20.

We planned on leaving Hilton BC at 6 but Uber/Lyft backed up - the last few days when going to other parks cars were there in 1 minute - my guess because HS was on 6 a.m. those days now with HS at 7 cars were harder to find.
Anyway grabbed a hotel town car and got there at 6:20 or so.
Husband and boys went through no bag line and I told them to head to the right. When I got through bag check I met up with them. As the line started to edge up through some kind of pillar type thing, about 7 lines opened up on the far right so everyone in the far right 3 lines sort of merged into all the open lines. We went from being forty feet back to being about 15 feet back.
There was no finger scan we were all in in a matter of minutes.
We headed to the roller coaster area and stood there all four of us until 7.
Husband got in first - group 13.
Called at 7:19 but before we went in did Rock n Roller coaster twice, ToT on FP, Toy Story on FP (boys use ours)
Lines were crazy long for everything right away. There was no ride something twice with no line as far as the coasters were concerned. Everything major was backed up by 7:20.
Lyfts and Ubers were hard to come by in general this morning and they were price surging we paid $10 to go from boardwalk to riviera for brunch and it should have been like half that.

Anyone care to take bets with me regarding Disney allowing a second standby BG in the slower days of late January and February.....

I think they will test it, especially if they are getting to backups now as early as they are.

OR they can keep the scarcity if getting a BG by reducing the ride capacity, like SpM and POTC.

So i thought of this as I’ll be there during the slowest time of the year (Jan 10-17). I would assume that before they consider doing multiple, they would need to at least get through all back up BGs in a day.

i don’t think we know how many BGs are issued each day and how close we are to hitting all of them.

You have 2 hours to return so it should not be a problem (assuming plans are in the park)

Definitely true for most meals, but I had a Dine with Imagineer lunch scheduled. This is a 2-3 hour lunch, and I believe the cancellation is 2 days or you pay full price. I imagine they'd work with me if I ended up with a conflicting bg. But I cancelled the lunch for this trip, as I realized I was stressing the logistics too much. (We've done Dine with Imagineer before, and will try again on a later trip.)

So i thought of this as I’ll be there during the slowest time of the year (Jan 10-17). I would assume that before they consider doing multiple, they would need to at least get through all back up BGs in a day.

i don’t think we know how many BGs are issued each day and how close we are to hitting all of them.
FYI: They’ve been getting through all of the backup BGs practically every day

Anyone care to take bets with me regarding Disney allowing a second standby BG in the slower days of late January and February.....

I think they will test it, especially if they are getting to backups now as early as they are.

OR they can keep the scarcity if getting a BG by reducing the ride capacity, like SpM and POTC.
Unless you mean in 2021 the odds are somewhere between slim and none
Right now there are folks left totally out of any group. That isn’t just because it’s busy in the parks, that’s because it’s popular. The only way they ever test out is if they never exhaust regular groups that day

We were there this morning. I don’t know how it compared to other mornings, but It. Was. Packed. It was worth it, but for people with anxiety it was overwhelming. We had pushing and shoving, and the lines to tap in barely moved. it didn’t help that we had a double stroller, I know that definitely made it harder. But even after reading this thread religiously, I was not prepared for hordes of people pushing and cutting in front of me.

arrived in parking lot at 6:20.
Through security 6:37
Through tap styles 6:54
Husband got in first and pulled boarding group 11

You can Cancel your BG and join another one. If you wait until you find a GET CM, you could be placed in a Backup Group and there’s no guarantee of riding.

With a 2-hour return window, what is too early?

The 2 hour window is very generous.

With the last day of our trip (Friday) shaping up to be nice and hot, we’d like to go to the ocean for the day. And then be back at HS for the late aft/evening. It’d be nice in this situation to voluntarily take a high number bg.

Unless you mean in 2021 the odds are somewhere between slim and none
Right now there are folks left totally out of any group. That isn’t just because it’s busy in the parks, that’s because it’s popular. The only way they ever test out is if they never exhaust regular groups that day
The other thing to keep in mind is lower crowds mean shorter hours of operation, so it could end up being a wash.

The 2 hour window is very generous.

With the last day of our trip (Friday) shaping up to be nice and hot, we’d like to go to the ocean for the day. And then be back at HS for the late aft/evening. It’d be nice in this situation to voluntarily take a high number bg.
Wait 10 min to get your group. I’d say you’ll have a high number

the key is to be in the park, ticket scanned, etc. prior to park opening - even if just a few minutes. So the "getting there 1/2 hour before park opening" is to allow sufficient time for that to take place (to get thorugh security, etc.)

Makes sense. We’re trying to make it by 6:30a latest. Fingers crossed.

Can you be logged into the same MDE account on different phones? Can I have me, my wife, daughter, and son all logged into my MDE account on their phones at the same time and trying to get a boarding group? They don't have MDE accounts and would rather just try to use mine then set up one of their own.

Can you be logged into the same MDE account on different phones? Can I have me, my wife, daughter, and son all logged into my MDE account on their phones at the same time and trying to get a boarding group? They don't have MDE accounts and would rather just try to use mine then set up one of their own.
Yes, many people here have done that successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter