READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about entering with dining reservations...I was just able to get a Cantina reservation for 7:05 am (park opens at 7:00). Do they let early dining people walk into the park earlier, or will we need to wait with the massive crowd on Hollywood Blvd until 7:00? If they do let dining people enter early, is there one side or the other we should head for?
You'll enter with everyone else and be held until they open the park

Arrived via car from pop century right around 6am. The line was already back to the statue before the ticket booths. Compared to Sunday, we arrived an hour early and were 20ish people in front of ticket booths and New Year’s Day an hour early right outside the ticket booth.
Went in and sat on the wall where Donald and daisy meet again. Had 2 iPhones and an Android in park and parents both trying in their hotel room for us. Our parents got through first and got us 49. One iPhone and android had selected our group when it gave us the error.
The lines for attractions are all very long in TSL. The line for slinky went to the little mermaid attraction with a few switchbacks out in TSL. We got in the TSMM line past where Buzz meets and are finally inside the building at almost 8:00.

Long time reader of the boards but never post. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting updates yesterday. We were part of the groups that had glitches in the app yesterday but eventually got BG 139 and got to get in line around 6:45 pm. The updates and just knowing others had issues too and not just me was good to know for planning our next visit. Good luck to everyone today. It’s worth the hassle of waking up early and the VQ.

I've been reading along in hopes of having a smooth trip next week. We arrive tomorrow and will be trying for a BG on Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experience. I will share ours next week to help others.

5:50am Four members of family leave.
5:53 Lagging child and I leave. He runs ahead, catching up with the rest.
Hordes of other guests are also out.
5:58 DH texts that the DHS bus is here. I tell him to leave without me. I arrive at bus stop to see bus rolling away.
6:05 Next bus comes. I'm first in line, and enough new people have arrived to have to stand.
6:06 DH and kids arrive at DHS.
6:13 People let into park.
6:19 I arrive. Hordes streaming in from cars, buses, rideshares, Skyliner.
6:38 I tap in having headed to far right.
6:42 Reunited with family purely by accident. Had abandoned trying in the wall to wall crowds of people.
We head to GE like lemmings. We realize that we can't rope drop Smuggler's Run with at least 3000 people in front of us when we have an 8:15 Epcot GG PPO breakfast. Kids are disappointed, being so close to so Batuu. We head toward the exit, and split up. DH is carrying DD, so they find a bench. DS15 and he are on WiFi, I'm on data. MDE consistently saying it's a weak WiFi connection.
6:59 + 30 seconds on my phone's clock A guy next to me say, "I'm in." I jump on it. All six of us there, and I get BG 83.
7:01 I text DH, who says his MDE said that he wasn't in the park, just the other five of us.
We stream with thousands of people to the exit, only one lane open to exit as more.and more enter.
7:03 DH texts that people near him got no group at all, couldn't get in. I feel their pain, having gotten a backup group that ended up 15 groups too late to ride yesterday. So possibly 30 seconds earlier, like if the family in front of me at the tapstiles hadn't had magicband problems, and we would have ridden yesterday and gotten two more hours of sleep this morning.
7:10 On Skyliner to Epcot reunited.
8:10 Sipping a raspberry mimosa at Garden Grill.

So when multiple people (from the same group) are attempting to get a BG, and 1 gets in, and gets the whole party into a BG, what would someone else see on their app when trying to get a BG? something "you're already assigned"? or "you're not in the park"? or the ability to get a 2nd BG pass?
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter