READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will be very interested to see how park opening on Tuesday, the 7th, works out. Orange County schools will be back in session and this seems to be the first non-holiday data point for 2020. If all the BGs disappear in 60 seconds again, then I suppose demand is just too high in relation to ride reliability and we will have to wait for the latter to improve to see anything approaching sanity at park opening.

Question to those that have done it: do you need to keep refreshing the app to get the join boarding group button to go live? Or will it automatically go live in the app while you are on the screen?

Quick question so I don't get stuck, I have my disney ticket on my phone BUT on my Apple Wallet itself. My friend who works for Disney said that's all I'll need (this isn't the type you print off, this is literally in my Apple Wallet with a barcode and all), but given how much chaos it's been just wanted to see if anyone thinks I'll need to go to like a Will Call or w/e to exchange for a physical ticket? (Apologies if this doesn't fit in this thread but obviously if I have to get physical ticket that could delay me getting INTO the actual park for BGs on time possibly.

I bet Starbucks is enjoying the increased revenue this craziness has brought. The lines when I was there for the opening were insane.
I guess to bring back on topic, yes Starbucks is opened prior to the official start time of the park so your can get caffeine to assist with the fast a furious pace one needs to obtain a BG.

On which screen?

good question. I was using the “my status” screen and wasn’t seeing anything pop up so switched back to home screen and saw it then joined a group. Really don’t know which is ideal. Person next to me got group 12, so feel like I did something wrong probably.

Quick question so I don't get stuck, I have my disney ticket on my phone BUT on my Apple Wallet itself. My friend who works for Disney said that's all I'll need (this isn't the type you print off, this is literally in my Apple Wallet with a barcode and all), but given how much chaos it's been just wanted to see if anyone thinks I'll need to go to like a Will Call or w/e to exchange for a physical ticket? (Apologies if this doesn't fit in this thread but obviously if I have to get physical ticket that could delay me getting INTO the actual park for BGs on time possibly.
I believe you'll need to exchange that for a hard ticket. When I went in mid December there were cast members asking if there was anyone who had a paper ticket and had them exchange it for a hard ticket prior to the tap styles opening. Guessing that a ticket on your Apple wallet is a lot like a paper ticket since it's not necessarily linked to your My Disney Experience app/account.

It's MDE that matters
You'll need something in MDE

What are the opinions about boarding groups during an off peak day in February? (Tuesday, Feb 11th) We have dinner reservations at Hoop Dee Doo that evening. We made the reservations before boarding groups were announced. We'd really like to keep them but we're concerned our boarding group will be so late it would conflict with dinner. Welcome thoughts and feedback!
Tues' probably the best day to try getting a BG as it's usually the least crowded day of a normal week. Could also help if shortly before your trip WDW changes HS open to an hour earlier. Looks like yours should be one of the easier days (BG competition-wise) but if that day MDE goes wonky it won't matter :( You do have alot in your favor though :)

And it's still hard to say how it might play out with any certainty... we may see more changes to the BG process before your date arrives. I'd take my chances and try for a BG. If it's under 80, all should be fine. If higher, see Guest Experience Team asap to inquire. Maybe they can help move your Hoopty ADR or offer other advice. Worst case scenario is you get a too high BG and do Hoopty instead, which may be ok if you have another HS day to try for a BG.

All considered... I think you have 90+% chance of your plans working out as they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter