READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, a few things:

1) Today had less regular BGs than yesterday. 114 vs 133.

2) I think the last 2 weeks have shown that BG fill time is heavily influenced by even small shifts in crowds.

3) We don’t know if regular BG guest count numbers are static day to day. They probably are, but we don’t know that.

Just guesses of course, but it’s probably some combo of the above factors.
I wonder if recovery FP issued yesterday played into fewer groups today?

ah. i feel like even if i got there early, everyone would push/rush in front of me. disadvantages of having to deal with a double stroller lol.
I think the issue depends on amount of people. If I'm correct, @Nole95 is just his son and him going, so they can in a way actually also get around people a bit easier. I got there at 5:40 yesterday and was still slightly back from front of rope drop (so I'd think 5 would work well?) however because I was an individual rider I was able to race around people when there was space on the outer edges of the crowd. With a stroller, yes likely may have issues.

6:05ish caught bus from GF
6:12 @ DHS - note bus let us off at GF’s normal stop 6, unlike our experience Jan. 2 when they dropped us practically in the wilderness, so today was a much shorter walk.
Got through the no bags line in short order, waited in line past the ticket booths until they opened the tapstyles, through the taps - no print scan, headed towards TOT. Grabbed coffee at the produce place and was ready to try for BG by about 6:40. Son headed back to Starbucks line while I sipped coffee. His new android pixel 4 version 10 beat my very old IPhone at 7 am & today we are BG65. Table on one side of me - group of 6 got bg 61, group of 2 on the other side got 100. Left DHS, considered heading to AK to RD FOP, but opted to head back to the resort to rest - heading back to DHS now, hoping our bg time won’t interfere w/ our SDD FP :)

If they make you pick between a BG for those two attractions I’m thinking it has to help. There has to be a limit to the number of people that are realistically able and motivated to attend DHS in a single day. Right? RIGHT? 😨

If MMRR pulls a few thousand more people out of the woodwork...😩
I do think MMRR will help.
Look at how long the back up BGs were available today.
If 20% or more of rope drop guests start choosing MMRR on any given day, the RoR back ups will last significantly longer. Back-ups aren't exactly a touchdown but they do have a great shot at riding, and that may get better as time goes.
Plus the effect to touring plans overall. Right now many people are planning 2 early days at HS. Once MMRR opens, if a party gets to ride RoR Day 1 then they'll try for MMRR Day 2.

How would you feel about staggered boarding group joins? 1/3 are available at 7:00am, 1/3 at noon, 1/3 at 3pm. Seems like that would give people the option to not show up at Studios stupid early every day.

Staggering BG drops will aggravate more guests than it helps. Right now guests can try early in the day for a BG and then leave for sleep or park hop if they desire. Most ppl won't prefer to hang around HS all day hoping to catch a BG. In the worst case scenario, can you imagine having to hang around HS all day long multiple times trying for BGs. By Day 3 it will feel like a hostage situation.

Staggering BG drops will aggravate more guests than it helps. Right now guests can try early in the day for a BG and then leave for sleep or park hop if they desire. Most ppl won't prefer to hang around HS all day hoping to catch a BG. In the worst case scenario, can you imagine having to hang around HS all day long multiple times trying for BGs. By Day 3 it will feel like a hostage situation.

No attraction is worth wasting time like that on a Disney trip. That might somewhat appeal to locals or other very frequent guests, but I think for my family it would probably mean deciding not to try at all. Maybe if we were already at DHS.

I guess that probably would be the most stress free way though, forget ROTR all together. Maybe there is something to it 😂

waiting before park opening doesn't affect a tp. You wait an hour before park opening and ride MFSR in 20 min, out of the attraction by 7:20am. Instead of getting there as park opens and getting off at 8am. You waste almost an hour of park operation time

ah. i feel like even if i got there early, everyone would push/rush in front of me. disadvantages of having to deal with a double stroller lol.

A question about the RD crowd in relation to getting in line for MFSR (or really anything else at the park). If you're near the front of the RD crowd are people relatively well behaved? Do they release everyone and then there's a mad run for MFSR entrance? People trying to get ahead of each other, etc?

I've never done RD before, but I have this vision in my head of Black Friday-type madness, people getting pushed/upset/trampled.

A question about the RD crowd in relation to getting in line for MFSR (or really anything else at the park). If you're near the front of the RD crowd are people relatively well behaved? Do they release everyone and then there's a mad run for MFSR entrance? People trying to get ahead of each other, etc?

I've never done RD before, but I have this vision in my head of Black Friday-type madness, people getting pushed/upset/trampled.
as you can read from a couple of posts before, there are CM that walk you over to the entrance of MFSR, guests are funneled so it's not really a free for all. You will get people that walk faster than you and go in front but it's all pretty well organized, just stay to the right as you enter the land

It's not exactly a mad run, more like a very brisk walk. The majority of people are tired so they just follow along with the CM. Then maybe <10% of people are weaving through at a faster speed, but not necessarily pushing. The closer you are to the front, the less opportunity for weavers to make it up to your point.

Generally I’ve found people are well behaved, and CMs will stop people running. Not a Black Friday situation at all. There will always be a handful of people that will weave their way through, try to run up the sides, etc, but it’s pretty tame.

Overall I think the most unpleasant part is that you’re doing a relatively slow walk in a large crowd. I know I have to make an effort to slow down my regular “Disney walk” lol. The walk back to MFSR feels like it takes forever in that crowd, although it definitely depends where they’re holding the crowd.

So, if you can begin checking the app at 7 a.m. can you also get in line for another ride, say Slinky Dog or Toy Story, at that time? In other words, when would the other rides open?

So, if you can begin checking the app at 7 a.m. can you also get in line for another ride, say Slinky Dog or Toy Story, at that time? In other words, when would the other rides open?
the park operations (attractions) and bg open at the same time. They just let you in earlier to alleviate crowds outside the tapstiles

reports are that CMs are waiting a few minutes after the BGs booking opens and then start leading people in separate groups to GE or TSL. Normally the other rides are opening right at the listed park opening time though this mornign there were reported issues with getting Slinky Dog running

Generally I’ve found people are well behaved, and CMs will stop people running. Not a Black Friday situation at all. There will always be a handful of people that will weave their way through, try to run up the sides, etc, but it’s pretty tame.

Overall I think the most unpleasant part is that you’re doing a relatively slow walk in a large crowd. I know I have to make an effort to slow down my regular “Disney walk” lol. The walk back to MFSR feels like it takes forever in that crowd, although it definitely depends where they’re holding the crowd.
*Raises hand* that was me yesterday XD Probably skipped past over a hundred people but again on my own. Would not be able to do this likely if it was more than me. And try not to get in anyone's way either, just weave in where it works (no bumping into anyone, etc) As a Canadian though...sorry XD

reports are that CMs are waiting a few minutes after the BGs booking opens and then start leading people in separate groups to GE or TSL. Normally the other rides are opening right at the listed park opening time though this mornign there were reported issues with getting Slinky Dog running
Not sure about previous days, but yesterday they definitely did this. We were all "corralled" and the boarding groups went live. You heard cheers and then I'd say after about a minute or so, then we were on the move.

*Raises hand* that was me yesterday XD Probably skipped past over a hundred people but again on my own. Would not be able to do this likely if it was more than me. And try not to get in anyone's way either, just weave in where it works (no bumping into anyone, etc) As a Canadian though...sorry XD

so you cross checked people into the boards and other hockey terms?

How feasible would it be to carry your kid(s)? After tapping into the park, I might find a place to park my stroller and join the herd to wait for park opening. At park opening, attain BG, and then piggy back my kid through the rope drop march to SR. That might be easier than maneuvering a double stroller through that rope drop march.

as you can read from a couple of posts before, there are CM that walk you over to the entrance of MFSR, guests are funneled so it's not really a free for all. You will get people that walk faster than you and go in front but it's all pretty well organized, just stay to the right as you enter the land

This thread has been SOOOO helpful, thank you all! So, when you say stay to the right, you mean to the right of the crowds to get in line for MFSR correct. It has been years since we have been there and we never did a rope drop so pretty nervous here with two kids (12 and 9). Can you/someone confirm I have the jist correct...We get to the park early (30 minutes to 1 hour before opening), they open the gates/turnstiles, we do the fingerprint thing. Then once all four of us in, we immediately start the process to get a BG. THEN the park/rides open and we bee line to MFSR to get in line for that. Are there signs that help direct you to the MFSR or do you follow the GE signs? TIA!

How feasible would it be to carry your kid(s)? After tapping into the park, I might find a place to park my stroller and join the herd to wait for park opening. At park opening, attain BG, and then piggy back my kid through the rope drop march to SR. That might be easier than maneuvering a double stroller through that rope drop march.

I know you mean stroller parking but now I can’t help picturing cast aside abandoned strollers all over DHS due to SWGE desperation. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter