READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How feasible would it be to carry your kid(s)? After tapping into the park, I might find a place to park my stroller and join the herd to wait for park opening. At park opening, attain BG, and then piggy back my kid through the rope drop march to SR. That might be easier than maneuvering a double stroller through that rope drop march.
We usually have to take a midday break since the kids can't last the whole day. Probably going to come back at night for SR. It's fine we'll probably just try to do TSM and AS2 (just realized why this is abbreviated this way lol) first thing to keep things relatively stress free. Hopefully TSM isn't down the morning we go.

This thread has been SOOOO helpful, thank you all! So, when you say stay to the right, you mean to the right of the crowds to get in line for MFSR correct. It has been years since we have been there and we never did a rope drop so pretty nervous here with two kids (12 and 9). Can you/someone confirm I have the jist correct...We get to the park early (30 minutes to 1 hour before opening), they open the gates/turnstiles, we do the fingerprint thing. Then once all four of us in, we immediately start the process to get a BG. THEN the park/rides open and we bee line to MFSR to get in line for that. Are there signs that help direct you to the MFSR or do you follow the GE signs? TIA!

After security, wait on the right to use those lines to tap in. (avoiding the first 2 or 3 furthest right lanes because they only have 1 tap-in Mickey head each). Once they start letting people into the park, you tap in and then head to the left to wait with the MFSR rope drop crowd.

This thread has been SOOOO helpful, thank you all! So, when you say stay to the right, you mean to the right of the crowds to get in line for MFSR correct. It has been years since we have been there and we never did a rope drop so pretty nervous here with two kids (12 and 9). Can you/someone confirm I have the jist correct...We get to the park early (30 minutes to 1 hour before opening), they open the gates/turnstiles, we do the fingerprint thing. Then once all four of us in, we immediately start the process to get a BG. THEN the park/rides open and we bee line to MFSR to get in line for that. Are there signs that help direct you to the MFSR or do you follow the GE signs? TIA!
They have been opening the park before official opening time. So here's the sequence for a 7am opening time:
You get to the park early, before 7am
They let you through bag check and tapstiles into the park, it's been anywhere from 45min to 30 min before park opening, so lets say 6:30am
If you want to go to SWGE head to the left as if you were going to Star Tours. They will hold people in the area by the new Baseline Taphouse (Commissary Lane and Grand Ave) At 7am (park opening time) go on the app and join a bg
The CM will lead you into SWGE, stay on your right as you enter the land and the CM will guide you to thee entrance of MFSR
(looking at the map will be helpful so you can see where the land entrance is, on Grand Av)

Last edited:
How feasible would it be to carry your kid(s)? After tapping into the park, I might find a place to park my stroller and join the herd to wait for park opening. At park opening, attain BG, and then piggy back my kid through the rope drop march to SR. That might be easier than maneuvering a double stroller through that rope drop march.
up to your strength really.

After security, wait on the right to use those lines to tap in. (avoiding the first 2 or 3 furthest right lanes because they only have 1 tap-in Mickey head each). Once they start letting people into the park, you tap in and then head to the left to wait with the MFSR rope drop crowd.

So is it avoid the first two or the first three from the right? So I can formulate a plan when i go...

Do any of you really think that MMRR will alleviate the RotR crowd? It's purported to be that amazing?

Do any of you really think that MMRR will alleviate the RotR crowd? It's purported to be that amazing?

I don’t think it’s supposed to be better than ROTR, but if they use BGs I can’t imagine they let you hold two at once (maybe after a few hours of holding one), forcing people to choose. Depends if it draws a separate crowd from ROTR, I guess.

I'm not sure about amazing. I saw the pre show and cool effect that happens and that was the extent of the media preview, but any new attraction will help alleviate crowds, especially this one that will be one of only 2 attractions at DHS without a height requirement (I don't count the shows as attractions)

Staggering BG drops will aggravate more guests than it helps. Right now guests can try early in the day for a BG and then leave for sleep or park hop if they desire. Most ppl won't prefer to hang around HS all day hoping to catch a BG. In the worst case scenario, can you imagine having to hang around HS all day long multiple times trying for BGs. By Day 3 it will feel like a hostage situation.

I actually think it would promote park hopping as well as relieve parents that they don't have to drag their kids (and themselves) out of bed at OMG o'clock just for a chance to snag a BG.

Let's say in the not so distant future that RotR starts operating nearly-perfect and at full capacity all the time. For the sake of easy math, we'll say they can, at minimum, get through 15 BGs per hour on an average 12-hour park day (180 BGs).
  • At 8am RD, the first 45 BGs get released, so that should take care of the ride between 8-11am. If someone doesn't get a BG, then they are also probably there to do MFSR or SDD (or have morning FPs).
  • For those that want a relaxing breakfast, the second 45 BGs get released at 10am. (Even if they get through 18 BGs per hour, that means they still won't get through all 45 BGs until 10:30am, so there is a buffer.) Yes, there will probably be more people vying for those 45, but perhaps less than what people are experiencing now at 6/7am RD. That takes care of the ride until 2pm now.
  • Now people who were at MK or EP for EMH with morning FPs can now make their way over to HS because the next 45 BGs get released at 12:30pm. This takes into consideration of a near-impossible, constant 18 BGs per hour rate, which means they will have gone through 90 BGs by 1pm. They've pretty much been able to get through 90 BGs even with severe downtime, so this is also the point at which, if the ride is not performing as well as it should, they can make a determination if some (ideally not all) of these 45 BGs need to be declared as backup BGs. At this point, those who have gotten morning FPs at DHS but not a BG can then make a decision whether to stay at DHS or move to another park.
  • Actually, if the ride really struggles through the first three hours (or at any time during the day); DHS could also call an audible and push a BG release to a later time. This allows those that haven't gotten a BG to make their own decision whether to stick it out or move over to another park (or go back to their hotel to take a nap, which would be my absolute first choice).
  • Back to ideal situation, the final 45 BGs get released at 3pm. If you don't get one at this time, perhaps you move over to another park. If you have just rolled in from another park and get a BG, then you celebrate and spend the rest of your day at DHS.
  • Let's say the ride has been operating perfectly the whole day (at 18 BGs per hour, that means 216 BGs possible), that means there are 36 BGs remaining. DHS can then decide to perhaps release another 45 BGs at 5pm with the caveat that they are all backup BGs.
As we all know, there isn't a perfect solution to all of this, but I think this gives early risers, late risers, and park hoppers all a decent chance to get on RotR throughout the day. Of course, I say all of this as a person lucky enough to ride RotR on my one-day park ticket on one of the worst-performing days since it opened.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about amazing. I saw the pre show and cool effect that happens and that was the extent of the media preview, but any new attraction will help alleviate crowds, especially this one that will be the one of only 2 attractions at DHS without a height requirement (I don't count the shows as attractions)
I was just thinking that if I'm at DHS early to get a BG, I'd be there for RotR unless MMRR turns out to be something I feel I can't wait a year or more to experience. Perhaps I'd accept it as a consolation-prize BG!

I was just thinking that if I'm at DHS early to get a BG, I'd be there for RotR unless MMRR turns out to be something I feel I can't wait a year or more to experience. Perhaps I'd accept it as a consolation-prize BG!
true, but remember not everyone can come back in a year or two or three. Thus splitting the crowds. Will you want to do RotR? are you a SW fan? Are you a Mickey fan? do you have small children and want to experience a new ride all together? there are plenty of factors to split the crowds, not necessarily 50/50 but it will create a demand for something new

I actually think it would promote park hopping as well as relieve parents that they don't have to drag their kids (and themselves) out of bed at OMG o'clock just for a chance to snag a BG.

Let's say in the not so distant future that RotR starts operating nearly-perfect and at full capacity all the time. For the sake of easy math, we'll say they can, at minimum, get through 15 BGs per hour on an average 12-hour park day (180 BGs).
  • At 8am RD, the first 45 BGs get released, so that should take care of the ride between 8-11am. If someone doesn't get a BG, then they are also probably there to do MFSR or SDD (or have morning FPs).
  • For those that want a relaxing breakfast, the second 45 BGs get released at 10am. (Even if they get through 18 BGs per hour, that means they still won't get through all 45 BGs until 10:30am, so there is a buffer.) Yes, there will probably be more people vying for those 45, but perhaps less than what people are experiencing now at 6/7am RD. That takes care of the ride until 2pm now.
  • Now people who were at MK or EP for EMH with morning FPs can now make their way over to HS because the next 45 BGs get released at 12:30pm. This takes into consideration of a near-impossible, constant 18 BGs per hour rate, which means they will have gone through 90 BGs by 1pm. They've pretty much been able to get through 90 BGs even with severe downtime, so this is also the point at which, if the ride is not performing as well as it should, they can make a determination if some (ideally not all) of these 45 BGs need to be declared as backup BGs. At this point, those who have gotten morning FPs at DHS but not a BG can then make a decision whether to stay at DHS or move to another park.
  • Actually, if the ride really struggles through the first three hours; DHS could also call an audible and push the 10am release to a later time. This allows those waiting to perhaps get a BG to make their own decision whether to stick it out or move over to another park (or go back to their hotel to take a nap, which would be my absolute first choice).
  • Back to ideal situation, the final 45 BGs get released at 3pm. If you don't get one at this time, perhaps you move over to another park. If you have just rolled in from another park and get a BG, then you celebrate and spend the rest of your day at DHS.
  • Let's say the ride has been operating perfectly the whole day (at 18 BGs per hour, that means 216 BGs possible), that means there are 36 BGs remaining. DHS can then decide to perhaps release another 45 BGs at 5pm with the caveat that they are all backup BGs.
As we all know, there isn't a perfect solution to all of this, but I think this gives early risers, late risers, and park hoppers all a decent chance to get on RotR throughout the day. Of course, I say all of this as a person lucky enough to ride RotR on my one-day park ticket on one of the worst-performing days since it opened.

Maybe this makes me a jerk, but I kind of don’t care to make it easier for people who aren’t willing to get there at opening. Definitely not in favour of over complicating the system to benefit people who weren’t willing to put the effort in to ride, putting people who were willing to work at a disadvantage.

What I see happening in practice, multiple parties missing out on the initial drop, waiting for the second and maybe missing that, possibly even missing the third. I see lots of people not truly enjoying their very expensive and for most people rare Disney day because they are preoccupied with trying to get on this one attraction. I see DHS crowds still being a mess because people held “hostage” trying all day to get their BG. It’s not a park like MK that has plenty of smaller attractions to eat crowds, or an area like World Showcase that encourages wandering.

If they wanted to stagger BG, I would so much rather they are preassigned windows given out in some way beforehand. Like a FP I guess 😂. I think your method makes for a very stressful day for those whose #1 goal is riding, benefiting people who may not have cared as much and just luck into a BG.

I'm not sure about amazing. I saw the pre show and cool effect that happens and that was the extent of the media preview, but any new attraction will help alleviate crowds, especially this one that will be one of only 2 attractions at DHS without a height requirement (I don't count the shows as attractions)

supposed to use a lot of new technology and that 2.5D effects and I know a lot of people really excited for it

Might not be as "raise the bar" as RotR but I think it should be at true headliner/E-Ticket type ride

now, does that take people aware from RotR or just add to the number of people showing up at rope drop to join boarding groups I don't know, but does seem liek even if it takes 10-20% of the people away from trying to join a RotR BG that should help

• Actually, if the ride really struggles through the first three hours (or at any time during the day); DHS could also call an audible and push a BG release to a later time. This allows those waiting to get a BG to make their own decision whether to stick it out or move over to another park (or go back to their hotel to take a nap, which would be my absolute first choice).
Your analysis is carefully thought out, yet you have not convinced me. Because if the reason I want to go to DHS is to experience RotR I do not want to have to hang around DHS until 3 pm if I don't get a BG on the first try. And I especially don't want to do it if I spend all day there without RotR BG success and then go back on another day of my vacation in order to try for RotR again. I want to find out first thing and make my plans from there.

Making a wild guess here: You don't like getting up early!

Maybe this makes me a jerk, but I kind of don’t care to make it easier for people who aren’t willing to get there at opening. Definitely not in favour of over complicating the system to benefit people who weren’t willing to put the effort in to ride, putting people who were willing to work at a disadvantage.

What I see happening in practice, multiple parties missing out on the initial drop, waiting for the second and maybe missing that, possibly even missing the third. I see lots of people not truly enjoying their very expensive and for most people rare Disney day because they are preoccupied with trying to get on this one attraction. I see DHS crowds still being a mess because people held “hostage” trying all day to get their BG. It’s not a park like MK that has plenty of smaller attractions to eat crowds, or an area like World Showcase that encourages wandering.

If they wanted to stagger BG, I would so much rather they are preassigned windows given out in some way beforehand. Like a FP I guess 😂. I think your method makes for a very stressful day for those whose #1 goal is riding, benefiting people who may not have cared as much and just luck into a BG.

i agree, especially as now you "just" need to get there a bit before park opening - not like you need to be there at 2:30am and wait in a line for 5 hours before the park opens

The one benefit having multiple BG joining times would be to give a 2nd chance to people who have tech issues - so those that got there early, did everything correctly but still missed out because they had tech issues at the worst time

Okay so I'm planning on having DH, DD and myself all trying to snag a BG. DH has his own MDE account, DD is only 12 is managed by me so she cannot have her "own" yet (correct?). I will have DD log in with my account, but should DH try using his own account? Does it matter?

• Actually, if the ride really struggles through the first three hours (or at any time during the day); DHS could also call an audible and push a BG release to a later time. This allows those that haven't gotten a BG to make their own decision whether to stick it out or move over to another park (or go back to their hotel to take a nap, which would be my absolute first choice).
I think the benefits with staggering don't outweigh the sacrifices. Staggering will give fractional availability to BGs, which will reduce the chance of getting a BG by how many windows are created.
If 3 time windows are created, that reduces availability at each to a third of capacity. A guest arriving at the second window will have only .3 shot they would've had compared to current park open method (.6 if they wait again to 3rd window), not to mention how many more guests will have arrived later in the day to add in to the competition. That could make successfully joining a BG take on average 3 trips to HS, maybe more. Right now, odds are still very good on Day 1 but close to definite by Day 2 of trying. I really haven't seen any reports of a guest trying a second time and not being successful (after attempt 1 failed).

They have been opening the park before official opening time. So here's the sequence for a 7am opening time:
You get to the park early, before 7am
They let you through bag check and tapstiles into the park, it's been anywhere from 45min to 30 min before park opening, so lets say 6:30am
If you want to go to SWGE head to the left as if you were going to Star Tours. They will hold people in the area by the new Baseline Taphouse (Commissary Lane and Grand Ave) At 7am (park opening time) go on the app and join a bg
The CM will lead you into SWGE, stay on your right as you enter the land and the CM will guide you to thee entrance of MFSR
(looking at the map will be helpful so you can see where the land entrance is, on Grand Av)

Thank you! Literally printing this off and bringing with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter