READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is comped an anytime FP for Rise and are successful in securing a BG the next day are they able to ride twice? Or does the new BG cancel out the comped FP?

So they are at 74 right now and you'd imagine a bunch of recovery FPs have been issued today. They probably can get to all the regular BGs today if they get back on track but a rough calculation suggests the backups are probably out of luck today 😞 😢

What are the chances next weeks 8am opening time will be changed to earlier, and has the app historically reflected an accurate opening time? I’m in the middle of planning my strategy.
I hope that you have subsequently seen the announcements of park hours moving to 7am next week. If not - I'm tagging you so you don't miss it :D (like I said...anything can happen 🤣 🤣 🤣 )

Got group 9. Same as Monday.

Wow. So do you have what you'd consider a proven system or just think you got very lucky? I can't decide if I did something wrong Sunday or just got unlucky. All the previous times I had been before the change in procedure I could always immediately join as soon as I tapped. Sunday my wife had to rescue us as it was not showing up for me at all.

A suggestion, for those worried about getting up so very early, if you can, plan more than 1 day at HS, even if it's just to ride RotR
Go later, closer to opening and forget trying to ride anything stand by that day. Just go, get your boarding group, and go back to bed, unless you have a group in the teens or 20s. There's no reason to stand around an hour waiting on the park to open just to get a BG. Sleep 30 more min.
Try stand by a different day if you must or better yet, just come back on a different day and use FP for the other rides. I realize it's not always possible to schedule that way but if at all possible, do.
Book FP at a park later in the day and make that the day you try for a BG. I know that leaves a bit of limbo about what time your FP are and what time your BG goes but GS can work with you if all else fails. They may be able to help move those FP around for you.
Anyway, just some thoughts, ideas on how I do RotR and cater to someone who loves to sleep in at Disney.

DS & I left our room at Pop at 5:50 this morning. Took the bus to HS. Got into the park around 6:30 or so. We were planning on one of us using WiFi & the other using LTE. WiFi didn’t seem to be working while refreshing the app before 7 so we both used Sprint data, he used his iPhone 7 & i used my iPhone 8. DS got BG31. We got a notification at 9:18 while we were waiting in the single rider line for RNRC that our BG was called. We went over right after the ride. Entered the queue at 10:01 & exited at 10:36. The ride was excellent. We were happy to be fortunate enough to get on before the issues came up. We were a little worried when BGs weren’t called until after 8. We’re planning on going back Saturday morning & are hoping to get an early BG since our flight leaves at 7:30pm. If we don’t, at least we got to ride it once.

What time do they typically stop calling groups for an 8pm closing like tonight when it's been down so much. I searched but can't find it.

I am visiting on 21st.

Does anyone know what the WiFi is like in the parks around Toy Story Land? I have a FP for 7.40am and would like to get the other two TSL rides done before 9am if possible.

Unfortunately I don’t have 4G so can only use WiFi. I was hoping to head towards TSL then get my BG then (fingers crossed!!!)

I am visiting on 21st.

Does anyone know what the WiFi is like in the parks around Toy Story Land? I have a FP for 7.40am and would like to get the other two TSL rides done before 9am if possible.

Unfortunately I don’t have 4G so can only use WiFi. I was hoping to head towards TSL then get my BG then (fingers crossed!!!)
The entire park is spotty. Usually close to gift shops/ restaurants is better. The good thing is that there's a GET CM right at the entrance to Tsland so if you have issues go straight to them

I am visiting on 21st.

Abandon that idea.
You will have to get the boarding group before you head to your FP. Period.

A suggestion, for those worried about getting up so very early, if you can, plan more than 1 day at HS, even if it's just to ride RotR
Go later, closer to opening and forget trying to ride anything stand by that day. Just go, get your boarding group, and go back to bed, unless you have a group in the teens or 20s. There's no reason to stand around an hour waiting on the park to open just to get a BG. Sleep 30 more min.
Try stand by a different day if you must or better yet, just come back on a different day and use FP for the other rides. I realize it's not always possible to schedule that way but if at all possible, do.
Book FP at a park later in the day and make that the day you try for a BG. I know that leaves a bit of limbo about what time your FP are and what time your BG goes but GS can work with you if all else fails. They may be able to help move those FP around for you.
Anyway, just some thoughts, ideas on how I do RotR and cater to someone who loves to sleep in at Disney.
Yeah, we opted to add a day rather than buy park hoppers, but either way can make a big difference.

Not sure if it has been addressed already but how does Disney handle Rise of the Resistance on EMH nights?

I feel like this deserves some BOLD:

Hollywood studios opening has been moved up to 7am on:
- 1/12 thru 1/16
- 1/21 thru 1/23

Including the prior revisions, the park is now scheduled to open at 7AM EVERY DAY UNTIL 1/26!

I wish Disney would just go ahead and update their February hours. From 2/2 on DHS has a 9 a.m. opening. I can't imagine that is going to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter