READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK If Savi takes us on time. Maybe. Have read reports of wait times.

Oga, out of 5 visits, waited up to 20 min past reserved time to be seated 3 different times.

Dinner is at BWV venues. Boat can easily take 1/2 hour each way, add in ADR wait for table & dining time, easily can blow thru 2 hours.

Apologies to the marathon runners here :), but life is not a race. Don’t want to rush thru any of the experiences YMMV

Again, i’m Just wondering if anybody has seen any anecdotal info on how conflicts that arise on the day are handled as to assessing fees.
In this thread or the part one, I have read that GET CMs have forgiven fees, moved adrs, given all day fastpasses for other parks and for RotR. You CANNOT predict the boarding group, so I think all you can do is make your choices and go talk to someone if there's a conflict. I know the bigtime planners don't like it, but that's where we are until this ride becomes more reliable.

Woohoo, I'll be heading back to Disney on Jan 31st. I was there for ROTR opening day so I'm excited to ride it again. Sounds like the rules have changed - you can arrive early but you can't get a boarding pass until the park's scheduled opening time & they're sticking to that?
Yes,they are sticking to that.

Got to go the ride entrance after it broke again. Confirmed the FP I was assigned is good for tomorrow. Looks kind I’m making an unexpected detour before AK tomorrow
Sorry :( At least you can recover the situation :) Hope your excursion to AK was great !

Why did you get up at 4:45? I don't understand why people get there so early if you can't get a BG until park open.
We did as was suggested on here, by guests at the park, and by cast members. It worked for us, but I too wonder if we could have waited later. It was a gamble, and one that I didn't want to loose since I won't be in Disney for quite a while and wanted to experience the ride.

I know this was mentioned in the old thread, but I'm here at DHS and came to Launch Bay to see the new "meet the makers" movie, it has a lot of spoilers for RotR. So heads up. Also inside Walt Disney presents there are models of some elements from RotR
:eek: Thank you for posting this!! It would never have occurred to me that I would need to avoid those two areas while waiting to be called for RotR.

I'm nervously awaiting data from this weekend and next...because the week after the week after next is my DHS day! I have minor regrets re: scheduling it for a Saturday, but only minor because putting it on the first day of my trip means I can juggle things and add more rope drops later if I need to. Already planning to rope drop DHS at least one more time on a weekday near the end of the trip and I've got two more mornings I could make work without completely disrupting existing plans. It's stressful to think about, but I'm going to have multiple shots at this and I'm as prepared as I can be thanks to this thread.

I think this is super condescending. Nobody thinks this is THAT important.

We are basically on the verge of people starting to ask about what phone carrier and phone to switch to so they have a virtually imperceptible better chance of getting a lower boarding pass. Sorry if you think that’s condescending, but I’ve learned most of this stuff is just not worth the stress. Just be zen and let it happen.

We are basically on the verge of people starting to ask about what phone carrier and phone to switch to so they have a virtually imperceptible better chance of getting a lower boarding pass. It ain’t that important folks. Just be zen and let it happen.
Why does it bother you if it is that important to somebody? I’d just left everybody do their own thing. :confused3

We are basically on the verge of people starting to ask about what phone carrier and phone to switch to so they have a virtually imperceptible better chance of getting a lower boarding pass. It ain’t that important folks. Just be zen and let it happen. Sorry if you think that’s condescending, but I’ve learned most of this stuff is just not worth the stress.
I agree! Based off my experiences the last few days in Hollywood Studios, everyone who has tried for a BG right at park opening has gotten one. It might not be a low one, but I haven’t heard of anyone being completely shut out.

This is a really long thread with tons of information! I’m sure I missed it..... we are a party of 11. What is the best way to get a bg together.
TIA

This is a really long thread with tons of information! I’m sure I missed it..... we are a party of 11. What is the best way to get a bg together.
TIA
Are you all in MDE and accessible from one account? If so then just like FP, a screen will come up in the BG process that asks you who to select. For a group that big, hit 'Select All'. If someone's listed who's not in the park and/or riding with you, you can de-select them after that and then continue with joining a BG. That's the quickest.

Try watching a video, several are on ytube that go thru BG steps they filmed while at HS. Just make sure to watch one with no spoilers :D

Last edited:
TIA

You can practice at home before you go on the app. At one of the final steps, you will get an error because you and your party are not tapped into Hollywood Studios, but you can still practice.

To speed up the process for myself, I deleted everyone from my Friends and Family list except those vacationing with me.

We used 4 phones, all using my Disney log-in info, 3 with Verizon, 1 with Wifi. We got BG 10 on 12/31/2019 and then BG 33 on 01/02/2020.

My biggest advice...practice at home before you head on over (even if you miss the initial guaranteed boarding groups, you can still practice if they are handing out backup boarding groups).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter