READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry! I posted by mistake! I am learning lots of great strategy that I will put to use next Friday . But I hit the wrong button & posted in error..Thanks so much for the advice.

Advice? We’re staying at pop. We’re going to HS on Sunday.

If I take the sky liner to Mgm and get there at park opening (7am) will I get a boarding group?

Or do I need to get there earlier and will the sky liner work that early?

Do you smell what "The Chart" is cooking...
giphy.gif

Advice? We’re staying at pop. We’re going to HS on Sunday.

If I take the sky liner to Mgm and get there at park opening (7am) will I get a boarding group?

Or do I need to get there earlier and will the sky liner work that early?
I asked this question a few (dozen) pages ago--the Skyliner is not operating until 7:30, so you will not be able to get there for rope drop that way. Buses are running every 20 minutes (or more) from the Skyliner resorts prior to the Skyliner opening each morning.
Also. What if we miss our BG when the time is called and we are at another park?
You have a two hour window to get back. I wouldn't go any farther than you can return within two hours.

I asked this question a few (dozen) pages ago--the Skyliner is not operating until 7:30, so you will not be able to get there for rope drop that way. Buses are running every 20 minutes (or more) from the Skyliner resorts prior to the Skyliner opening each morning.

You have a two hour window to get back. I wouldn't go any farther than you can return within two hours.

So best bet is to get an Uber?

If I do that. Am I correct that once the clock hits 7am and I tap my magic band at the entrance then I can sign up for a BG?

If I do that. Am I correct that once the clock hits 7am and I tap my magic band at the entrance then I can sign up for a BG?
I would really suggest reading the first page of this thread, as it covers all the opening procedures and includes a video showing how to reserve a BG.

Your best bet is to arrive at the park ahead of opening, as they have been letting people in before 7:00 and holding the crowd within the park. BG's will become available through the app or via a CM's assistance at the park's official opening time.

I stayed at AoA a week ago. Bus boards said to take the gondolas but buses to Hollywood Studios were already running.

First time we got to HS (75 minutes before park open) with the resort bus (we weren't even on the first bus out of our resort), gondolas were still sleeping in the air. We were able to rope drop MFSR, walk on. The second time we went to HS we also took the resort bus, getting there closer to 30 minutes before park open.

I estimate it took about 10 minutes from AoA to HS the mornings we went. I had considered Uber as a backup, but the buses worked out fine for us.

👍 Inside HS and being ready to MDE at official park open are 2 things we can control. We've seen masses of guests joining BGs and riding RoR without hassle. That is the majority experience.
  • The process sounds more intimidating than it really is.
  • Watch a video of a guest joining a BG for reference.
  • Don't stress about FPs/ADRs. For the very few who end up having conflicts, a GET CM can help adjust or offer options (inquire ASAP to allow the most flexibility).
  • Continue checking HS hours before your trip to see changes
To increase your RoR odds as close to guaranteed as possible:
  • Plan 2 mornings to be inside HS before official open (1 day as a back-up)
  • And try on a day mid-week, weekends have more crowds/competition
Important to remember:
  • Everybody joining a BG must be checked in to HS first
  • Regular BGs almost always get called (only 1 of last 23 days did not)
  • Back-up BGs still offer a good chance (last 23 day avg, up to BG154 called)
  • You may leave HS after joining a BG and return later
  • You have 2 hrs to get to RoR once called
  • Relax. If you've done what you can control, may the force be with you :yoda:

Best video on the latest process to join BG? Can you pls link it?

We did as was suggested on here, by guests at the park, and by cast members. It worked for us, but I too wonder if we could have waited later. It was a gamble, and one that I didn't want to loose since I won't be in Disney for quite a while and wanted to experience the ride.
Both days we rode it coming from POFQ we got up early enough to be out the door by 6. Both days in the park well before opening.

We did resort bus one day and Uber the second time. I’d stick with resort bus unless it’s running really late. We didn’t really see a difference in arrival time (left resort pretty much same time for both Uber and bus attempts) but the Uber attempt left me a bit more stressed when I saw the huge line of cars to get into parking lot and then over to drop off area. We did get to park close to same time. They let you into park before open.
For those stressing on ADRs, for etc- with the large return window for the BG you should be ok. We hopped to MK a couple hours after we got our BG the 2nd time as I wasn’t skipping my SDMT fast pass lol. And we had BG46 that day. We could have made rope drop at MK if we’d wanted. Keep an eye on how fast BG are called. We had delayed opening down time in one day and lots of down time on another for Rise. Worse case splurge on a Minnie van to zip you back.

Doing the happy dance! Since pretty much all of the resorts were booked for MLK weekend (the only things available when I started planning (late) were over $1500/night)- I originally booked the Holiday Inn on HPB (wanted EMH). Then after reading all of this- I moved us to Dolphin for ease of access to HS. Well- checking every morning works for more than just FP- this morning I snagged a room at Boardwalk (someone must have cancelled last night) for $350/night (offer available room)!!!! Even a shorter walk to HS!

Remember the process of how to get a bg is explained on post 1. Please read post one first before asking the question as you might find the answer there
Also, i know everyone is trying ti help but there are some sites that are not permitted here so please don't link any videos unless they're DisUnplugged to avoid problems, people can certainly search for YouTube videos on their own

Last edited:
I stayed at AoA a week ago. Bus boards said to take the gondolas but buses to Hollywood Studios were already running.

First time we got to HS (75 minutes before park open) with the resort bus (we weren't even on the first bus out of our resort), gondolas were still sleeping in the air. We were able to rope drop MFSR, walk on. The second time we went to HS we also took the resort bus, getting there closer to 30 minutes before park open.

I estimate it took about 10 minutes from AoA to HS the mornings we went. I had considered Uber as a backup, but the buses worked out fine for us.

How can we find out when the buses start for HS? AK buses yest didn’t start until ~745 And there were extra magic hours at 8am. FWIW. We’re at pop.

63 this morning. This is my 3rd attempt to get a BG during my trip. I got 35 on Sunday, 91 on Tuesday and 63 today. I don’t feel like I did anything different each time, and I got vey different results each time. Overall, I’m happy with the process. I feel like it’s just about as fair as it could be.

63 this morning. This is my 3rd attempt to get a BG during my trip. I got 35 on Sunday, 91 on Tuesday and 63 today. I don’t feel like I did anything different each time, and I got vey different results each time. Overall, I’m happy with the process. I feel like it’s just about as fair as it could be.

What time did you get there today? Did they open the park any earlier? Are you staying on property?

So it finally happened. I had a dream about the boarding process.

I dreamed that they randomly went back to the original way (being able to join right as you tap in). But on the app they showed you which BG range you could be joining if you tried now. Then the next day they did a hybrid of a FP and BG. You had the option to choose a time (but only a 1 hour window), or join a BG in which could be earlier or later but with the 2 hr return time.

Got boarding group 60 this morning.

5:45am - left AS Music. Drove our rental over.
6am - parked in the lot
6:22am - Park opened.
6:40am - Tapped in!

Went over to the TOT area and sat in the benches where the food stands are.

7am hit and all 4 us went with going with our AT&T cellular instead of WiFi. My son was able to get in first.

How can we find out when the buses start for HS? AK buses yest didn’t start until ~745 And there were extra magic hours at 8am. FWIW. We’re at pop.
The standard for Disney buses is 45 minutes before park opening but they do run earlier than that. Ask at the front desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter