READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimmed the last 40 pages or so and didn't see this addressed. Anyone get a boarding time then head to Pandora? DHS opens at 7 when I'm there next Saturday (MLK weekend) and AK has morning EMH at 8, anyone think I could get a BG right at 7 then Uber/Lyft to AK for EMH and have a "reasonable" (less than 90 min) wait for Pandora, with time to get back to DHS for my BG? It's a last minute trip for my daughter's birthday and of course those are the only two rides she wants to go on. I could do Pandora at park closing as a backup but looking for thoughts on this first.
Yes it's doable. Good luck
Rope-dropping AK at 9a on nonEMH day is also doable after getting 7am BG at HS. For people who's dates post 8a HS open, it's quite possible open gets pulled back to 7a at some point so keep an eye out if you want to do this.

Car or Lyft advised for best results, either should get you to AK 90 minutes PPO and a relatively decent spot on FoP line. If you have to wake up early for RoR, might as well use it to full advantage, right? :D

If I plan to check in and get my BG (if successful) by 7ish - then go back to Pop on sky liner to pick up family and come back around 10:30. Do you think my BG will be called and I’ll be too late?

Planning to go Sunday.

Ok - made a few changes to "The Chart"...
  • Added "First BG called" - taken from comments throughout this thread
  • Changed previous column to "Last BG called"
  • Added "Total BGs accommodated" - calculation of last minus first.
  • Added "Park Close" - regular park closing time (not accounting for EMHs)
  • Added "Operating Hours" - total # of hours park was open that day (not including EMHs)
  • Added "BGs per hour" - calculated as Total BGs accommodated divided by Operating hours.
  • I added some shading to the fields that are probably of most interest.
  • I also hid all dates up to Wednesday 12/18 when the current process rolled out. Any data prior to that was pretty much invalid and only hanging around for sentimental reasons.
This should make it easier to take the data presented and use it when thinking about your trip and your operating hours. I welcome any further suggestions but I can't say I'm gonna put another 2 hours of work into this to add more 🤣 😜

View attachment 464169

200.gif

If I plan to check in and get my BG (if successful) by 7ish - then go back to Pop on sky liner to pick up family and come back around 10:30. Do you think my BG will be called and I’ll be too late?

Planning to go Sunday.
obviously depends on the bg you get and if the ride opens at 7am. If you get one of the first groups and the ride opens at 7am you will be called before 9am.

Planning to go Sunday.
Probably...that's the best I can do. There is no way anybody can answer this with accuracy.

Planning to go Sunday.

Be flexible.

See what BG you get on Sunday. If it's an early one, wait around to see when they start calling BGs for the day. Especially in the morning, you can get through RotR pretty quick after you are called, so you might get the entire ride done with before heading back to your family at the resort.

Is there a reason you need to go pick your family up and they cannot come on their own on the skyliner? like maybe you're the only adult?

If your family didn't plan to come back until around 10:30, I'd say you'd have plenty of time to decide that morning after seeing what BG you get and when they start the ride for the day. HS to POP is pretty quick with the skyliner working...even if they don't start operation until about 7:30 in the morning...so you'd have to wait 30 minutes past park opening anyways.

@SouthFayetteFan, I love the new additions to the chaaaaaaaaaaaart! I really appreciate that you are adding closing time and operating hours now, makes it so much easier to put it all into context. Thank you!!
Thanks - it was really bothering me because I felt like I was looking at things in a vacuum. And with opening times, closing times, operating hours, and first BG playing such a part in this, I just felt like they needed to be in there!

Planning to go Sunday.
Just in case you don’t know everyone that wants to ride has to be in the park to get a BG.

Wi-fi or Data to try for a BG?

I'm from Canada and wasn't going to get a data plan but maybe I will. This is becoming an expensive ride!

Wi-fi or Data to try for a BG?

I'm from Canada and wasn't going to get a data plan but maybe I will. This is becoming an expensive ride!

I wouldn’t pay extra for the data roaming plans specifically for ROTR (although personally I find it useful to have in WDW in general). It might make you feel better if you have another person trying along with you in the park as back up? Truthfully you should have no problem as long as you don’t have one of those days where it’s gone in a couple minutes.

There’s been nothing concrete in regards to either data or wifi being the better method.

Just a curiosity question - been reading along and living vicariously thru everyone else's journey until our trip in July - I'm sure answer is on thread but didn't see it - is there an estimated number of people per BG ? TIA !

Just a curiosity question - been reading along and living vicariously thru everyone else's journey until our trip in July - I'm sure answer is on thread but didn't see it - is there an estimated number of people per BG ? TIA !
75-100 but that's purely a guess. Disney hasn't said anything on it.

Current guesstimations are between 75-100 people per BG. No one knows the exact number, it could vary wildly every day, and Disney will probably never tell.

Up to 149 now! With an 8pm close they will soon cut it off you'd think.

EDIT: and it hasn't moved in 10 minutes since then...

Last edited:
Just something strange that I can now glean from the chart. Here are the number of Regular BGs that Disney has issued each day over the past week:

SAT - 120
SUN - 115
MON - 125
TUE - 105
WED - 105
THU - 100
FRI - 90

I know all of this data analysis doesn't mean a whole lot, I just enjoy looking at numbers in general.

I wonder why each day there seems to be less and less regular boarding groups ? I’m worried by the time I get there (feb 4th - with a park opening time of 9am) there will hardly any regular boarding groups so they are all going to fill up in less than a minute again 😱

I wonder why each day there seems to be less and less regular boarding groups ? I’m worried by the time I get there (feb 4th - with a park opening time of 9am) there will hardly any regular boarding groups so they are all going to fill up in less than a minute again 😱
Down time
When the day before has chunks of downtime and they have given out a lot of FP then that will reduce the number of people they estimate can get through for the day. That in turn will cause them to tweak how many they feel will get through for each following day.

They are also getting a better handle on what the ride tech can handle each day. Constant tweaking. But it's not going to regularly go through BG in 2 minutes. Not on a day by day basis

Last edited:
Ok - made a few changes to "The Chart"...
  • Added "First BG called" - taken from comments throughout this thread
  • Changed previous column to "Last BG called"
  • Added "Total BGs accommodated" - calculation of last minus first.
  • Added "Park Close" - regular park closing time (not accounting for EMHs)
  • Added "Operating Hours" - total # of hours park was open that day (not including EMHs)
  • Added "BGs per hour" - calculated as Total BGs accommodated divided by Operating hours.
  • I added some shading to the fields that are probably of most interest.
  • I also hid all dates up to Wednesday 12/18 when the current process rolled out. Any data prior to that was pretty much invalid and only hanging around for sentimental reasons.
This should make it easier to take the data presented and use it when thinking about your trip and your operating hours. I welcome any further suggestions but I can't say I'm gonna put another 2 hours of work into this to add more 🤣 😜

View attachment 464169
Can you pin this, maybe in your #2 post on page one? It's so very useful :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter