• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning :D Ha, I know you're not up yet WestCoast Sleeper :)

Maybe it would help to post a few points on the chart to answer the frequently asked questions. Going into the second month, it's hard for people to dig up some answers within all these posts.

There is no confirmed data for:
How many riders are in each BG
The last Back-up BG number each day
Whether Wi-Fi/data or certain phone models work best

Also note (so far):
RoR does not operate during EMH
BG cannot be joined during EMH (only during regular park hours)
HS official hours and EMHs can change, watch MDE for your dates

Well, something like that. Haven't had my coffee yet but... You get the gist.
Ok - since I hold the keys to comment 2 on this thread I did my best on a quick FAQs. Feel free to check it out and let me know if we're missing any commonly asked questions. At least now we have something we can point people to when the same question keeps coming up.

We are there Jan 28 and I only have one WDW day as it's a cruise stop so I have been following this thread for weeks now. This morning I logged in to MDE to practice getting a boarding group and I am not seeing what everyone else is and what YouTube videos show. When I log in to MDE I see the mini park map centered on the castle and right under it my reservation for Oga's on the 28th. I don't see anything about SWGE or ROTR so cannot click 'find out more' like others seem to be able to. If I scroll down, I see a scrolling advert that includes SWGE as the third screen (I can swipe to make it change faster instead of waiting) and then click SWGE and that changes the new screen to show that pic of ROTR that everyone else is showing but there's no 'learn more' or find out more' option. If I scroll way, way down I can see a link imbedded in a paragraph about BGs that talks about learning more. If I hit that link, I get taken to a new page that is completely blank (screen is all white, like it's not loading). No matter how often I do this or how long I wait, the white screen just stays.

I tried using the search function from the main page in MDE and type "Star Wars". The first option (as in, the most popular search) is 'status and access for ROTR' and when I select that option, I get the same white screen.

I have updated my OS (iPhone) and also the MDE app. I am at a loss but now I'm scared I have tech problems I didn't know i had.

Can anyone advise how to fix this issue?
You MAY need to update your MDE app if you haven't since they opened the ride. There may be an update available that you haven't gotten. Just a thought if you have an old version if the app.

So your screen does NOT look like this?: BTW, my first reservation (SpaceMtn FP) is the very first thing if I scroll down.
Screenshot_20200113-110501_Disney World.jpg

Last edited:

Not that I plan on this happening, but has there been any reports on what happens if you miss your BG call back window?

We are there Jan 28 and I only have one WDW day as it's a cruise stop

I do not want to discourage you, but it will be tough to get a BG. Since you say it is a port stop, I would guess you are on an RC or NCL that includes a stop in Port Canaveral. DHS currently has an 8 am opening. What time does your ship dock, and how are you getting to WDW?

I thought we weren't able to check for a boarding group unless we tapped into the park. How are you able to do it even if not being at DW

I thought we weren't able to check for a boarding group unless we tapped into the park. How are you able to do it even if not being at DW

Assuming you are online at the right time, you can initiate the process. Once you try to select your people it will throw an error that you aren't in the park. Helpful to practice, though.

On BG 51 currently. They can still get through all of the reg BGs today and into backups if things go well this afternoon. We won’t be setting a new BG/hr record today though.

You can click the button in the app and choose people, but it prevents you from actually being given a boarding group since your party has not tapped into the park. That's all people are doing from home (unless they are helping friends/family who ARE in the park that day).

Thanks everyone for posting their experiences! I am going tomorrow (1/14) & I feel as prepared as I can be. :thumbsup2

Leaving home early & planning to be in the parking lot by 6am (the BF is so happy haha!). Hopefully near the front of the line to get in. I'll turn off my wifi when it's close to 7. Any place I should stand or avoid once in the park waiting? Once I get a BG I'm planning to head towards the other ride & get in the standby line. Hoping that works out!

So, if the ride goes down while you're on it, or in the queue, they add a FP to your account? Is that just valid for ROTR, or for any DHS attraction (including Tier 1)? Does it expire at the end of the day, or the following day?

And if they don't call your reg BG, you get a similar FP for the next day? The last time that happened, did they still add a comp park-hopper? And does anyone know whether there was an expiration on the park-hopper? Thx.

Not that I plan on this happening, but has there been any reports on what happens if you miss your BG call back window?
Been wondering this as well. We go next week, and if we are in a line elsewhere when our BG gets called, do we bail and head to RotR or does it just mean we are okay to get in the queue as soon as possible?

Been wondering this as well. We go next week, and if we are in a line elsewhere when our BG gets called, do we bail and head to RotR or does it just mean we are okay to get in the queue as soon as possible?
To miss your 2 hour return window you'd have to pretty much be in another park in a long line (and have recently gotten in that line). For example...right now, if your BG got called back... unless you are in FoP, 7DMT or Navi River, you should be able to complete the line, ride the ride, find transportation to DHS and get to RotR entrance within 2 hours. Are you planning to be in one of those lines while waiting for your BG to be called?

New Tip:

If they are within 10 BGs of your number, don't get in the 80 minute Peter Pan line...it might be time to head back towards DHS...

:P 👍

(Just use common sense...you know what BG you are...you can check at any given second where they are in the day...and you know under normal conditions they can call approx. 13 an hour...)

Last edited:
On BG 51 currently. They can still get through all of the reg BGs today and into backups if things go well this afternoon. We won’t be setting a new BG/hr record today though.
Up to 66 now and they are back on track. It unfortunately might be a tough day to hold a backup BG though (not sure how many of those they'll get through) - time will tell!

I've tried to keep up with this thread as best I can and feel like I understand the process well enough. I'm the point person for a trip February 5-9 and I'm the only one in our group that has been to SWGE, but I've yet to experience ROTR. We'll be at DHS on Wednesday 2/5 and that's the first week they start opening at 9am for the park. We have a very large party of 15. Based on what I've read of past experiences, if we are on site and ready to enter the park by 8am, we should most likely be good to go for a BG access shouldn't we? I've talked to some who were there more than 90 minutes prior to park opening; however, that was early on right after it opened and opening week. I just don't want to miss out on this experience. Secondly, I didn't see a limitation on number of guests in your party. We should be good with a party of 15 right? Everyone is either a guest or authorized me to make plans for them on MDE so I've got all our FP+ reservations on my account.

I'm an AP, and I even thought about planning a solo day trip just to test this out to ensure there are no problems; however, I live 6 hours away and that's a pretty wild trip even if in the name of "research" lol.

I've tried to keep up with this thread as best I can and feel like I understand the process well enough. I'm the point person for a trip February 5-9 and I'm the only one in our group that has been to SWGE, but I've yet to experience ROTR. We'll be at DHS on Wednesday 2/5 and that's the first week they start opening at 9am for the park. We have a very large party of 15. Based on what I've read of past experiences, if we are on site and ready to enter the park by 8am, we should most likely be good to go for a BG access shouldn't we? I've talked to some who were there more than 90 minutes prior to park opening; however, that was early on right after it opened and opening week. I just don't want to miss out on this experience. Secondly, I didn't see a limitation on number of guests in your party. We should be good with a party of 15 right? Everyone is either a guest or authorized me to make plans for them on MDE so I've got all our FP+ reservations on my account.

I'm an AP, and I even thought about planning a solo day trip just to test this out to ensure there are no problems; however, I live 6 hours away and that's a pretty wild trip even if in the name of "research" lol.
- Watch for a possible extension of hours to 8am - it feels likely but who knows!
- Being at the park an hour early sounds like a good plan.
- Being a party of 15 shouldn't pose an issue - especially if you can hit "select all" when you go to join your BG. Ideally with a group that size I'd have multiple trying to secure a BG for your party. Whoever is fastest wins...and thus you all win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter