READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that i know of. Hopefully someone has tried and has a clear answer
Ok. I will see if I can check the other forums for that specific info. But for the sake of this, does anyone know how busy/swamped are the GET CMs between tap-in and opening time?

Bright Suns everyone!

My family and I will be at DHS Thursday (can't wait)! I’ve read I think all 230 pages. In any case, is there any consensus on which method is the preferred method for getting a BG?

Method 1 - Refresh Method
Go into the My Status section and keep swiping down which causes a refresh until you can click the Join button.

Method 2 - Back arrow
Clicking Find Out More, then clicking the left back button and clicking find out more again until you can click the Join button.

I did a live test this morning at 6:58am and found that Method 1 worked perfectly. At 7:00 on the dot, I saw the Join button. However in watching videos, several people have had issues with slow refresh and I wonder if in the congestion of the network traffic (both Cell and WiFi) method 2 works better at DHS while method 1 works better from home.

I’d appreciate the advice and council of some of you who have actually done it there.

Thank you,
Unfortunately, I think there's no consensus on this. From what I gather, each method has worked equally as well or as poorly as the other. However, despite there not being hard stats on this, it seems to me that data might be slightly better than wifi--although that's not what you were asking about.

In at 11:43 finally.
So what you're saying is...the doc is in? 😂 😂 🤣 🤣

0013926_disney-doc-mcstuffins-the-doc-is-in-large-cotton-fabric-panel_500.jpeg

Reporting back my experience at HS on Tuesday, January 14th. Keep in mind I woke up at 3am to drive over so I tried to remember best I could!

5:45am--parked the car. Yay for front row!!! And I will add it was a steady stream of cars (not crazy) but people arriving by their own vehicles.
5:55am--thru security check. Shortest waits I have EVER had at any park anytime. They had workers out there ready!
5:56am--got in line to enter park. We were just inside the booths where they sell tickets outside the gates so that little holding area. They had people lining up already organized in lines so there was no mad scramble or line jumping when it did open. They started making some announcements around 6:10am explaining the process & what would happen but unfortunately in that area there was no speakers & it was loud. I couldn't see, but people behind us in line that could said by about 6:15 the area after security was already full & people were lined up waiting behind security check to get in.
6:28am--they started letting people in the front gates. There was no fingerprint scan. Just holding your MB or card up to the reader. It did go pretty fast doing that.
**upon entering the park everyone is directed down the main corridor straight towards the stage area. You can turn off to go to ToT & such OR continue straight where they have 2 big signs on the stage screens directing you left to Star Wars OR right to Toy Story. Lots CM's are positioned along the way so there is no detouring from this path.
6:35am--we were now in the "holding area" for Star Wars which put us just past the entrance to the old American Idol & here we waited til the official park opening. Again we were pretty near the front (maybe 30' back). I could see people still coming down the main road & getting into the Star Wars line. That main area in the front of the stage looked really full right before opening, but I don't know how much was Toy Story or where those people went to wait?
6:57am--I turned off my wifi (don't know if that helped or not?) & pulled up the Disney app so it was ready (my phone is older too)
6:59am--the whole area is glowing from screens & people are ready staring at their hands (my BF couldn't stop laughing at this lol)
7am--MAGIC TIME
**my phone didn't change over automatically so I pushed back & then selected it. Got the wrong guests at 1st (ARGH) so fixed that & then it went thru. Except there was no message saying success or here's your BG number so I thought I got kicked out, panicked & tried to join a BG again only to then be told wait you're already assigned one & then was able to look it up. WE GOT BG 46.
7:01am--the group is now moving forward to Star Wars land. Which it was just starting to get a little light & it was foggy so walking out of the tunnel we all went OHHHHH & AHHHHH cause even Disney can't make the whole sky foggy & lighting like that on command. It was SO cool!
**as we got past RotR entrance they again have lines of CMs out directing traffic towards MFSR & telling us to start moving to the right side as the line will narrow to 2 people across. The line didn't turn at Ronto Roasters, but instead we went down past Droid Depot. At this point we kept shuffling along & on to the ride.
7:45am--we were done riding MFSR. SWEET!!
**they did not open RotR until close to 8:30am that day. I don't know why or if that is normal not to open it when the park does? I had FP's & we did other things while waiting. I never felt rushed or that we HAD to be anywhere during our visit. It was easy to check MDE or the boards around the park for updates.
12:15pm--they called our BG 46 & I got a notification from the MDE app
12:28pm--we entered the ride area, got our MB scanned & in we went. It's an experience that's all I can say!!

Overall we had a GREAT day! Also rode Star Tours twice, ToT, TSMM, RnRC, watched a SW show on Center Stage, ate lunch (at 10am lol), met Darth, explored GE stores...the whole deal. BF only had a 1 day ticket so I tried to do everything we wanted to (SUCCESS!). Got some fun photos with photopass too! Hopefully my experience helps others get an idea for planning & have a great time when you go!

My apologies if this is too off-topic (I have been on the Boards for 5 years and still can never figure out how to properly navigate for official threads/forums). Anyway, how busy are the GET/GR teams at DHS between the entrance time and BG/park-open time? We only have the one day at DHS and only until about 5pm-ish. After we arrive, go thru bag check, and tap in, would there be sufficient time and GET/GR members available to secure a DAS return time for DS7? There's no way that he could handle waiting so long in the morning to be near the front for a RD ride. I don't have experience asking in the past, but I am assuming that we cannot get that done the evening before in MK for the next day, so that leaves us requesting in the relatively short window between entering DHS and getting ready for BG process. Are they swamped that early? I do presume that they would definitely be very busy immediately AFTER opening with BG related questions. Thoughts?

Thanks!!

The main question you are asking is how busy are the GET CM’s before the official opening time. I don’t have the answer, but maybe someone else does or can report back to you.

The second question is whether you can get a DAS return time before the park opens from the GET CM’s. That’s a good question.

There was a trip report on the disabilities page that discussed how in some of the parks a return DAS time could be obtained by a GET CM instead of having to go to the attraction It is definitely worth trying.

A possible problem for your scenario is that you are trying for a return time before the park opens, thus the ride would not yet have a wait time. I doubt it could be issued before the park opens.

Last edited:
Bright Suns everyone!

My family and I will be at DHS Thursday (can't wait)! I’ve read I think all 230 pages. In any case, is there any consensus on which method is the preferred method for getting a BG?

Method 1 - Refresh Method
Go into the My Status section and keep swiping down which causes a refresh until you can click the Join button.

Method 2 - Back arrow
Clicking Find Out More, then clicking the left back button and clicking find out more again until you can click the Join button.

I did a live test this morning at 6:58am and found that Method 1 worked perfectly. At 7:00 on the dot, I saw the Join button. However in watching videos, several people have had issues with slow refresh and I wonder if in the congestion of the network traffic (both Cell and WiFi) method 2 works better at DHS while method 1 works better from home.

I’d appreciate the advice and council of some of you who have actually done it there.

Thank you,

In the park on Sunday my daughter and I used method 2 and got BG 59 while someone next to us using method 1 hadn’t gotten through yet.

Practicing at home I seem to get through faster using method 1.

My guess is that it doesn’t really matter. If you have at least two people with you, have at least one person try each way and see what happens.

In the park on Sunday my daughter and I used method 2 and got BG 59 while someone next to us using method 1 hadn’t gotten through yet.

Practicing at home I seem to get through faster using method 1.

My guess is that it doesn’t really matter. If you have at least two people with you, have at least one person try each way and see what happens.

The system is not able to make return times until the rides are open and a wait time is posted (the method they use is posted wait time minus 10 minutes) I can report that I tried this myself on a day I went to ride ROTR and no go. You will need to wait until the rides are open to secure a return time. I would personally get one as soon as the park opens and then do other stuff until your time (Star Tours, Swirling Saucers, Launch Bay, etc)

So we go to HS next week. Tuesday. I had pretty much given up on getting a BG once they switched park opening from 8 to 7, but we do have a SDD FP at 9:00. I’m not going to speed over just for RotR, but I will check to see if any backup groups are available once we get there.

- Are they getting through a good amount of backup BGs?

- How long is the ride commitment once you get the text message? We have lunch ADRs and then we want to see Fantasmic. It’s going to be tough if we have to choose between Fantasmic and RotR. (My 9yo DD is just barely tolerating any Star Wars plans....)

So we go to HS next week. Tuesday. I had pretty much given up on getting a BG once they switched park opening from 8 to 7, but we do have a SDD FP at 9:00. I’m not going to speed over just for RotR, but I will check to see if any backup groups are available once we get there.

- Are they getting through a good amount of backup BGs?

- How long is the ride commitment once you get the text message? We have lunch ADRs and then we want to see Fantasmic. It’s going to be tough if we have to choose between Fantasmic and RotR. (My 9yo DD is just barely tolerating any Star Wars plans....)
Using the chart in comment 2 (& posted here daily) you can see how many backup BGs got called back each day by doing a little math.

With no downtime you could be through the line and off in as little as 45 minutes. Later in the night it could take as much as 2 hours if you're part of the "end of night rush". Since we don't know what BG you'll have or when you'll be called back all I could really say is that your actual results will be somewhere between those 2 figures.

I realize that, but we could just keep refreshing to get a later number. My concern is that we will be either in the queue or on the ride when our Savi reservation time comes up. I'm trying to get a feel for what numbers usually come after the 10:00 hour.
Wait 3 min and then get a boarding group.
What time does the park open that day? If 8:00, you have no worries whatsoever. Go to Savi's and then ride.
If 6:00 or 7:00, just wait a few minutes and you'll get a late enough number.

Will it allow you to join a boarding group if you have fastpasses and dining booked at another park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter