• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that when this happens, they are doing maintenance to the ride? Sort of like the first months when Hagrid’s opened.

We arrived at Hollywood Studios at
05:55am. Waited at the tapstiles until about 06:25am.
We then waited with our phone at the ready until precisely 07:00am for BG 16

We decided to open the app 2 seconds early and with thumbs moving at lightspeed were able to attain BG 16. We’re currently waiting for updates. As far as we know and have seen on Twitter, it’s still down

I wish we could create a giant poster of this comment!! So many people are trying to over-complicate it, but it’s really this easy. And if your fingers are slower you’ll get a higher BG but probably no big deal if you planned a flexible day as is recommended.

(I’m not trying to downplay the “stress” around this. I’m stressed a bit about it...but there’s only so many things I can control so eventually we just gotta go with what works best)

I'm probably making this more difficult than needed. While we do have a flexible day, we're park hopping all 4 parks and trying to get an idea around all scenarios.

Has anyone been too quick and received a low number BG, released or dropped that BG and attempted to get a higher number BG?

In a perfect world, we're hoping to be back to DHS between 1 and 4 and are more flexible with our afternoon time. Planning on waiting a minute or two before opening the app, but again, just trying to account for different scenarios!

Great thread and thanks to everyone for all the input and information!

Could it be that when this happens, they are doing maintenance to the ride? Sort of like the first months when Hagrid’s opened.

Most likely they go through some testing before opening the attraction to make sure everything is operating properly. If it isn’t, they can’t and won’t open until it passes the tests.

Considering the complexity and multiple facets of this attraction I think its performance has been pretty good so far. I started following what was going on at Hagrid‘s for a few months before a planned visit in October and that was much more erratic and unreliable, and was not operating for as many hours a day as ROTR has been.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am.

Opened tapstiles at 6:20am arrived at Echo Lake at 6:25am (that is where the line into GE ended at that time) and grabbed a seat at one of the tables there.

7:02am assigned to BG 86. 7:20 back in the car headed back to villa. Still not getting any listing for groups boarding. It may be a long day but at least I'm not trying to kill 5 hours at DHS. It looks like there were 109 BGs before going to Backup BGs today.
Same time frames for us, boarding group 17

FP done for star tours &sitting in shoneys eating breakfast buffet lol

pic at far right Tap styles at 6:15 am
D1950E31-04C2-4BC1-B98A-F6C1640070DE.jpeg

I'm probably making this more difficult than needed. While we do have a flexible day, we're park hopping all 4 parks and trying to get an idea around all scenarios.

Has anyone been too quick and received a low number BG, released or dropped that BG and attempted to get a higher number BG?

In a perfect world, we're hoping to be back to DHS between 1 and 4 and are more flexible with our afternoon time. Planning on waiting a minute or two before opening the app, but again, just trying to account for different scenarios!

You’d better want a really high number if you’re trying that. If, for example, you got BG 20...by the time you went through those steps you likely are looking at BG 90+. The first 110-115 BGs only last 10-15 minuted and the vast majority of the double digit numbers are scooped up in 2-3 minutes by the 10k+ people already in the park at 7am. This assumes normal crowd levels like we are seeing now and a 7am open. This will certainly become even more challenging if Disney holds the 8am opens on Jan 27th and beyond.

I seriously doubt anyone has tried this. If they have, it's not reported on this thread.

And if you try it, you could be playing with fire and end up with zero BG. Actually, I'm not even sure you can drop a BG via the app. I don't see a place for that on the app. You'd have to go to a GET CM to drop it, and at that point you could ask if you could have a later number instead.

But, really, if you get a low number, your best bet is to take it and use it. If you're one of the first BGs of the day, you'd be out of DHS pretty early anyway.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't the time to read 235 pages of this thread :P

What happens if you have other plans at the time your boarding group is called? Say I get there first thing in the morning but have a dinner reservation over at EPCOT in the evening and that's the time my boarding group is called? Am I just out of luck? We often start the day at one park and finish at another but should I plan on these days being spent all in DHS?
FWIW, we had a 1:55 Be Our Guest reservation and BG 72 last Saturday. I estimated an hour for the ride and 30-60 minutes to get to MK and figured out we were likely to miss our reservation. I talked to the GET (at a blue umbrella) and he was able to change it to 1:55 at Brown Derby without any fees. The ride was new to us and BOG was not. When I made the ADR I wanted to be sure if we didn't get a BG we had something else. We also usually visit 2 parks in one day and in hindsight I think it would have been better to pick the DHS day and plan the whole day there. However, if we had gotten a backup boarding group or a BG lower than 55 we would have been able to make the BOG lunch.

You’d better want a really high number if you’re trying that. If, for example, you got BG 20...by the time you went through those steps you likely are looking at BG 90+. The first 110-115 BGs only last 10-15 minuted and the vast majority of the double digit numbers are scooped up in 2-3 minutes by the 10k+ people already in the park at 7am. This assumes normal crowd levels like we are seeing now and a 7am open. This will certainly become even more challenging if Disney holds the 8am opens on Jan 27th and beyond.
We were in cluster of folks outside of Starbucks/whatever it’s name now...seating area behind. Had good ATT signal.

out of the 6 groups with us,ranged from 14 to 47 At 7 am

I felt terrible for one woman who wasn’t signed into her MDE account. She got so nervous she forgot it! Told her to rush toGS or try to reset. Awful to watch it play out since her prince of a husband was yelling at her the whole time...Stay classy my friend):

I seriously doubt anyone has tried this. If they have, it's not reported on this thread.

And if you try it, you could be playing with fire and end up with zero BG. Actually, I'm not even sure you can drop a BG via the app. I don't see a place for that on the app. You'd have to go to a GET CM to drop it, and at that point you could ask if you could have a later number instead.

But, really, if you get a low number, your best bet is to take it and use it. If you're one of the first BGs of the day, you'd be out of DHS pretty early anyway.
Here's why we KNOW that you cannot drop a BG for a different one:
People in the same family on the same account trying simultaneously to secure a BG. Once one has it and the others get in, the report is that says you already have BGxx (that your other family member just got a second earlier). Nobody has even mentioned a FP/ADR-like option to modify or drop it.

Am I misunderstanding or are you saying you want to do 4 parks on your ROTR day? I don’t think ROTR fits in on a day like that well at all. Even a flexible one. Pretty good chance of downtime messing with your plans, as well as the lack of control over your BG even if you attempt to do something like wait.

I think your best bet is probably take whatever BG you can get, and get a feel for when that group is called from this thread and then tweak your plans if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter