• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be feeling stress, if my trip wasn't scheduled for Pres. Day weekend. Due to kids' schedules we do not have the option to travel at "low" crowds times. I think the experience of 1/2-1/5 just has me on alert. If I was traveling on a weekday in January or early February I would be feeling pretty confident. I think all of my fellow DISers can relate, though, when you are the planner of the trip, you just want to be able to give everyone the best trip that you can. You just feel a certain level of self-induced pressure.

All of that being said, though, this is only a ride. If we get on great! If we don't, we'll just have to roll with it. And that is coming from someone who isn't local, who doesn't have an AP, who probably won't have her whole family back to WDW for another year or two, and who has spent a couple thousand on this trip. ;)
That happened on those days and those days only.
It was a freak occurance and honestly, should not worry anyone. Now, if that happened every other day, totally different situation.
But to worry about those 3 days, when you have SOOOOOOO many others to compare to, it's like worrying about your car/bus breaking down on the way to HS. Neither are something to worry about.

I was there during Christmas/New Years week. No issues getting a group in any way shape or form. No long waits to get in, we waited till all those there early had entered so we walked right in.

Rode it once already, the exact day they changed the policy to boarding groups at park opening. That was frustrating. We go back in a few weeks. My question is this: I understand to open the app at park opening- but does that mean just click the icon and go into the app, Im already signed in as normal? Or be completely signed out and have to sign in at park opening, which adds at least a number of seconds. TIA

FWIW, we had a 1:55 Be Our Guest reservation and BG 72 last Saturday. I estimated an hour for the ride and 30-60 minutes to get to MK and figured out we were likely to miss our reservation. I talked to the GET (at a blue umbrella) and he was able to change it to 1:55 at Brown Derby without any fees. The ride was new to us and BOG was not. When I made the ADR I wanted to be sure if we didn't get a BG we had something else. We also usually visit 2 parks in one day and in hindsight I think it would have been better to pick the DHS day and plan the whole day there. However, if we had gotten a backup boarding group or a BG lower than 55 we would have been able to make the BOG lunch.

Very helpful, thanks!

Reactions: LDV
Rode it once already, the exact day they changed the policy to boarding groups at park opening. That was frustrating. We go back in a few weeks. My question is this: I understand to open the app at park opening- but does that mean just click the icon and go into the app, Im already signed in as normal? Or be completely signed out and have to sign in at park opening, which adds at least a number of seconds. TIA
Yeah, just click the icon and go in. No need to log out and try to remember your pre-saved password getting back in. That's how I've read reports and sure as heck hope I'm right.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am.

Opened tapstiles at 6:20am arrived at Echo Lake at 6:25am (that is where the line into GE ended at that time) and grabbed a seat at one of the tables there.

7:02am assigned to BG 86. 7:20 back in the car headed back to villa. Still not getting any listing for groups boarding. It may be a long day but at least I'm not trying to kill 5 hours at DHS. It looks like there were 109 BGs before going to Backup BGs today.
Same time frames for us, boarding group 17

FP done for star tours &sitting in shoneys eating breakfast buffet lol

pic at far right Tap styles at 6:15 am
View attachment 465469
Ok, gotta ask cause I'm curious, if y'alls plans were to sign up and turn around and leave why did you get to the park so very early? Just standing around waiting. You could have come 30 min later. Are y'all just early risers and had nothing else to do?

And better yet, SHONEY'S!!!!???? Really? On purpose? LOL

Am I misunderstanding or are you saying you want to do 4 parks on your ROTR day? I don’t think ROTR fits in on a day like that well at all. Even a flexible one. Pretty good chance of downtime messing with your plans, as well as the lack of control over your BG even if you attempt to do something like wait.

I think your best bet is probably take whatever BG you can get, and get a feel for when that group is called from this thread and then tweak your plans if needed.
I think I missed that... wow! That's...ambitious? HAHA!

Am I misunderstanding or are you saying you want to do 4 parks on your ROTR day? I don’t think ROTR fits in on a day like that well at all. Even a flexible one. Pretty good chance of downtime messing with your plans, as well as the lack of control over your BG even if you attempt to do something like wait.

I think your best bet is probably take whatever BG you can get, and get a feel for when that group is called from this thread and then tweak your plans if needed.
That is correct :)

The wife and I are heading down without the kids for a quick anniversary get away with only one day at the parks. Originally had resigned to the idea of not doing either SWGE rides until they bumped the park open time to 7 vs. 9.

MK for EMH at 8 then to AK for our initial FP+ selections(between 10:30 and 1:30). From there we're heading to DHS then EP or vice versa depending on how our BG number plays out; hence being more flexible in the afternoon and trying to get an idea for different scenarios.

If the BG plan works out, great. If not, we stick to our original plans and make a day of it. We have another trip planned with the entire family in late November/early December so doing RotR now isn't a must...just a nice bonus.

That is correct :)

The wife and I are heading down without the kids for a quick anniversary get away with only one day at the parks. Originally had resigned to the idea of not doing either SWGE rides until they bumped the park open time to 7 vs. 9.

MK for EMH at 8 then to AK for our initial FP+ selections(between 10:30 and 1:30). From there we're heading to DHS then EP or vice versa depending on how our BG number plays out; hence being more flexible in the afternoon and trying to get an idea for different scenarios.

If the BG plan works out, great. If not, we stick to our original plans and make a day of it. We have another trip planned with the entire family in late November/early December so doing RotR now isn't a must...just a nice bonus.
I'd wait a minute or two after they open group sign ups and then click. I think your odds of getting an afternoon group are good.

Boot-up issues. Just like most things, shut them down and restart and that's when issues pop up. Look at it as one giant computer, and everything must start up exactly perfectly or like dominoes, it all falls down.

now I am totally picturing that giant screen with the windows blue screen of death, er, the Dark Side

Ok, gotta ask cause I'm curious, if y'alls plans were to sign up and turn around and leave why did you get to the park so very early? Just standing around waiting. You could have come 30 min later. Are y'all just early risers and had nothing else to do?
If we had not been there by 7:14 we would not have gotten one of the original BGs and even backups ended by about 8:15am. If our BG had been under 30, we would have stayed (although 30 was just called up a few minutes ago).

With 86 as our BG, we decided to head out, have some breakfast and come back to DHS once our group has been called since we will have the 2 hour window.

I was here around the same time yesterday, got group 56 and stayed until that was called at 11:45am - which made for a very long morning. Yesterday, we got up to group 28 before 8am and then the attraction went down and s-l-o-w-l-y came back up.

Today, with the higher group and over 2 hour delayed start we have an opportunity to build our return into a more relaxed day since we will now have 2 hour notice for our return.

The flexibility is a nice compromise to better plan our day - especially when there could be another RofR delay at any time without any notice.

:teeth:

If we had not been there by 7:14 we would not have gotten one of the original BGs and even backups ended by about 8:15am. If our BG had been under 30, we would have stayed (although 30 was just called up a few minutes ago).

With 86 as our BG, we decided to head out, have some breakfast and come back to DHS once our group has been called since we will have the 2 hour window.

I was here around the same time yesterday, got group 56 and stayed until that was called at 11:45am - which made for a very long morning. Yesterday, we got up to group 28 before 8am and then the attraction went down and s-l-o-w-l-y came back up.

Today, with the higher group and over 2 hour delayed start we have an opportunity to build our return into a more relaxed day since we will now have 2 hour notice for our return.

The flexibility is a nice compromise to better plan our day - especially when there could be another RofR delay at any time without any notice.

:teeth:
I didn't suggest that
You said "Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am. " Which means you had to stand around and wait till 7:00, 45 min. Doing nothing and not even trying to get in line to ride something else.
I suggest arriving 30 min later than you arrived, not 30 min after the groups opened
Only when you are just going to walk in and walk out.
That is 6:45, not 7:15.
All you need to do is be in the park by 7:00.
Arriving at 6:45 would put you in the park by 7:00.

I didn't suggest that
You said "Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am. " Which means you had to stand around and wait till 7:00, 45 min. Doing nothing and not even trying to get in line to ride something else.
I suggest arriving 30 min later than you arrived, not 30 min after the groups opened
Only when you are just going to walk in and walk out.
That is 6:45, not 7:15.
All you need to do is be in the park by 7:00.
Arriving at 6:45 would put you in the park by 7:00.

Speaking for myself, we also had alternate plans in place depending on what BG we got, including leaving the park and returning later. One of the possibilities was getting a low BG and doing another ride first before our BG was called.

Maybe if we were staying at an Epcot resort so we could walk and time our arrival I would consider arriving later. But if you are dependent at all on other transportation, I would rather be an hour early than run the risk of being 15 minutes late If something goes wrong.

Honestly, as long as the weather is decent, I don’t mind waiting before the park opens. There are always people to talk to to help pass the time.

In general, what should I expect when my boarding group is called? I’ve seen photos of lines stretching back to Grand Avenue.

On our dates the first week in February the calendar shows DHS opening at 9 am. Have they been changing this to earlier as the date gets closer? I’m assuming at some point they go back to a regular schedule

Speaking for myself, we also had alternate plans in place depending on what BG we got, including leaving the park and returning later. One of the possibilities was getting a low BG and doing another ride first before our BG was called.

Maybe if we were staying at an Epcot resort so we could walk and time our arrival I would consider arriving later. But if you are dependent at all on other transportation, I would rather be an hour early than run the risk of being 15 minutes late If something goes wrong.

Honestly, as long as the weather is decent, I don’t mind waiting before the park opens. There are always people to talk to to help pass the time.
We prefer sleeping an extra hour, LOL
We were at CSR but used Uber to get there. And back.
We don't ever use the bus early mornings because of sleep. We always opt for more sleep.

In general, what should I expect when my boarding group is called? I’ve seen photos of lines stretching back to Grand Avenue.
Normally, if things haven't been shut down, you'll walk right up to the attraction and enter the queue. The later in the day, the better chance there is of a line. But early in the day and if there hasn't been a lot of down time, the line will fill up the indoor queues and move quick through them. I didn't even have time to get out the Play app and scan anything, walked too fast through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter