READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our dates the first week in February the calendar shows DHS opening at 9 am. Have they been changing this to earlier as the date gets closer? I’m assuming at some point they go back to a regular schedule

I've been watching opening times too. Our two DHS days are 1/28 (day two of 8am opens) and 2/2 (day one of 9am opening) assuming those times don't change! Not really looking forward to being the guinea pigs but thanks to 238 pages of posts, still very confident that we'll have success! They changed times up to 1/26 last week, so there is still a chance for time changes but you're right, eventually they have to go back to normal hours.

I didn't suggest that
You said "Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am. " Which means you had to stand around and wait till 7:00, 45 min. Doing nothing and not even trying to get in line to ride something else.
I suggest arriving 30 min later than you arrived, not 30 min after the groups opened
Only when you are just going to walk in and walk out.
That is 6:45, not 7:15.
All you need to do is be in the park by 7:00.
Arriving at 6:45 would put you in the park by 7:00.
Sounds like a great way for you to plan your day.

We did not mind at all spending 30 minutes of our day talking with others about their Disney experiences until our boarding group was assigned. We met a nice young couple from TN who were here on their first Disney trip (she even ran the Marathon last weekend) and had a quality conversation during that half-hour.

It was all part of our enjoyment of today's experience and we still get to go back over and ride RotR. The day is still young.

Ennjoy! :teeth:

We don't go until May - how long do you think they will keep the Boarding Group thing going?

We're going at the end of April. The problem you and I have, is that MMRR will open in March and NO ONE who is on these boards KNOWS how that will impact the BG situation with ROTR or if it will at all. Some have suggested they will make you choose a BG for either ROTR or MMRR, others have suggested MMRR will open the same as MFSR and use no fastpasses and move everyone through a standby line. We do know they won't use FP+ there, at least at first (mostly because people are within 60 days of the opening and no fastpasses have entered the system, but this is also confirmed by insiders that there will be no fastpasses at first). Anyway, because of MMRR and because we are just too far away to know yet, there isn't much we can do other than watch and wait. I'm expecting things to become much clearer by mid-March.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone taken the Skyliner over for a 7:00 HS opening from POP? If you did, how early did you get there?
We are at POP the last week in January, we have one day of 7:00 opening and the rest of the week 8:00 opening.
Hoping to be able to take Skyliner and get there in plenty of time to be in the park by 7:00 opening.
Thank you for any advice!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone taken the Skyliner over for a 7:00 HS opening from POP? If you did, how early did you get there?
We are at POP the last week in January, we have one day of 7:00 opening and the rest of the week 8:00 opening.
Hoping to be able to take Skyliner and get there in plenty of time to be in the park by 7:00 opening.
Signs up as of yesterday at the Hourglass Lake station say it starts operation at 7:30 AM.

Skyliner doesn't start running with passengers until 7:30 as of January. That schedule is subject to change, but for now people have to take a bus or uber/lyft to get to DHS for park open.

The Skyliner was running at DHS when we arrived at 6:10am but I don't know if there were passengers at that time.

Now that EMH at HS has been changed from am to pm during my trip (Feb 4 - 11) I'll be RDing RotR at 9am ish. I planned to do that before the schedule changed the EMH. Would Saturday or Sunday be a less busy day to RD do you think? I plan to catch the earliest bus from AKL, hopefully 630am and arrive 2 hours early! (when I see it in print it looks crazy). I "think" that people mostly start their vacation ie. fly in on Saturday so that morning will be less busy? Sunday could be the busiest following that theory. Every other morning of my trip is a am EMH at other parks, not to be missed, by me anyway. Any and all advice gratefully received, thanks.

It was still dark at that time and we just drove under as the pods traveled overhead. We parked a ways from the Skyliner station so I don't know if anyone was on board.

Now that EMH at HS has been changed from am to pm during my trip (Feb 4 - 11) I'll be RDing RotR at 9am ish. I planned to do that before the schedule changed the EMH. Would Saturday or Sunday be a less busy day to RD do you think? I plan to catch the earliest bus from AKL, hopefully 630am and arrive 2 hours early! (when I see it in print it looks crazy). I "think" that people mostly start their vacation ie. fly in on Saturday so that morning will be less busy? Sunday could be the busiest following that theory. Every other morning of my trip is a am EMH at other parks, not to be missed, by me anyway. Any and all advice gratefully received, thanks.
It won't make a difference either day. Weekends is usually when locals go so pick a day that works best for you

Just to make sure you're aware - there is no rope dropping RotR in typical rope drop fashion because there is no stand by line. Access to the attraction is only available by boarding group which you can get at park open.

If you want the TLDR version, 110% worth getting up and in by 7AM, the queue, and ride experience are insane, piece of cake getting a boarding group.

Left BW @ 6:15 drove over, no bags for our group of four, through the turnstiles and in the park by 6:35, sat at tables outside of Brown Derby working thr 5 phones in out group, got in immediately at 7AM, assigned boarding group 22, single ridered Aerosmith, messed around trying to find some breakfast in park which is a hapless pursuit if you know the options here, only place that had something egg like QS was in Toy Story, line was prob 50 ppl deep, ROR had been down since park open, so we bailed left the park on the gondola, got decent CS breakfast at Carribean Beach Spyglass Grill, now it was 930ish we were considering hopping to MK, but the ride came back up, hopped gondola back scanned through ROR by 10AM, off ride by 10:50ish.

Skyliner doesn't start running with passengers until 7:30 as of January. That schedule is subject to change, but for now people have to take a bus or uber/lyft to get to DHS for park open.

Thank you all for the information! The Uber/Lyft drivers must be making a killing with people getting to HS for the ROTR!! Thank you!

If you want the TLDR version, 110% worth getting up and in by 7AM, the queue, and ride experience are insane, piece of cake getting a boarding group.

Left BW @ 6:15 drove over, no bags for our group of four, through the turnstiles and in the park by 6:35, sat at tables outside of Brown Derby working thr 5 phones in out group, got in immediately at 7AM, assigned boarding group 22, single ridered Aerosmith, messed around trying to find some breakfast in park which is a hapless pursuit if you know the options here, only place that had something egg like QS was in Toy Story, line was prob 50 ppl deep, ROR had been down since park open, so we bailed left the park on the gondola, got decent CS breakfast at Carribean Beach Spyglass Grill, now it was 930ish we were considering hopping to MK, but the ride came back up, hopped gondola back scanned through ROR by 10AM, off ride by 10:50ish.

FYI,Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy’s Edge has something “egg like” in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter